[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 242 at Last (9-14-2011)

Page 242 at Last (9-14-2011)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 242 at Last (9-14-2011)

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:51 pm

In the future, we're not going to announce any pages until and unless we have artwork in hand ready to post.

But I think some of you will find this worth waiting for...
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 242 at Last (9-14-2011)

Postby Blackjoker » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:11 am

I both envy and pity Noah for what Jean is about to introduce him to. Also, I am a little creeped out by the "you must let me wash it sometime" comment towards our young were-raccoon.
One by one the penguins steal my sanity
Blackjoker
Button popping

Postby Fionn the Otaku » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:20 am

Interesting, looks like the pressure on Sarah to behave and make a good show on controling her self has more than doubled. Also i think if Noah got a look at Peter's wang his reaction would be just as crushed as the Tanuki girl was when she saw just how out stacked she was by the other Were-girls.
Fionn the Otaku
Bodice ripping

Postby Happygun » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:29 am

Remember, until now Peter has been the only eligible (e.g. single and relatively young) male werewolf with a pack consisting of a number of unattached (or otherwise uninhibited) middle-aged female werewolves.
Last edited by Happygun on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Henpecked » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:32 am

And we finally get our look at one Ms. Garrity. I suspect she goes after the quiet ones just because they're trying to stay out of everyone's hair.
Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Aticston » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:30 am

I can't for the life of me figure out the last panel

Is that his right leg coming up to fondle her right breast?

Anatomy does not work this way!!! He would have to have SNAPPED the joint at his hip to do it! Believe me, I've seen hip surgery, that's the only way to make that kinda angle happen!
Aticston
Button popping

Postby Happygun » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:08 am

Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:34 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:45 am

I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:49 am

Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:11 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:17 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:29 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Great to see this page! I know both of you guys have been busy and had different things come up; I really hope everything is going well for both of you now.

And as a side note, there are almost 10,000 posts on the Peter is the Wolf Forums! Congratulations on making such a successfully webcomic you guys. Here's hoping for the continued success of the comic in the future.

For this page I like the fact we're getting to see so many different characters together. I like how Bar-1 makes different wereforms unique, stuff like were-mutton chops are very cool to see. XD

On the writing side of things I'm glad to see that Sarahs going to be informed of the gravity of the situation but I hope she's not put on a guilt trip for too long. I know a lot of people were upset because they felt like you let her get away with the Peter-abuse but feel like you guys have corrected that and don't want you to go too far in the other direction.

On the other hand it would be good for her to be aware of her and Peter's situation. I am wondering where the Howl plotline is going to go as far as Peter and Sarah are concerned. For the vote I'd imagine they'd have to show Sarah isn't a psycho when she goes were anymore. I don't think she's actually ever been violent in Were form unless she's been attacked first, so she should be able to transform in front of everyone and not attack anyone, right? Well, maybe Peter for some nookie but I'd imagine that would be more embarrassing than a death sentence.

Speaking of embarrassing I really liked the adult update as well. Kris you need to write more one-liners because the overdressed/undersized exchange was hilarious. XD I also like the rest of Jean's lines here. Noah's clothes set up a good brick joke too, and that was a good way to bring the character in without it seeming out of the blue and keeping the plotlines connected.

Also I like how Bar-1 draws expressions and especially how well he draws a cocky Noah. I really hope we get to see him shown up by Peter if only for Noah's reaction. I really didn't notice what Aticson was talking about until I read his post, but I guess I see it now. I do think Bar-1 does nicely detailed characters with attention to fur detail and such but when you have a close up of characters like that having so many lines in a black and white comic with no shading for depth or anything can be confusing I guess.

That's why I'm really glad I bought the first volume book since I believe it had some art correction stuff and some special features (though more of the latter is always nice). I'm definitely going to pick up the second book when you guys publish it as well.

As a final note, Kris pointed out that this was Maggie Wald, Peter's aunt in the regular update. I wish I could find the page but I can't remember which one it was and the wiki didn't help me-didn't Peter have a with one of his relatives in the past? Was this her or is she new character?
ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby danail24 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:07 pm

I vote for more "Ashley the werefox", also known as a Apple Jack lookalike, sex scenes! Yay! :lol:
danail24
Just getting started

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:15 pm

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:27 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:27 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:32 pm

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Is it just me, or is the werecoyote's eyes WAAY too big in the 3rd panel?
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:33 pm

Now that I've sat on it for a while longer, I don't think I really like the way the last adult panel turned out. At the time it did seem funny in a slapstick kind of way, but the humor wore off quickly and now I'm stuck with the uncomfortable image of a leg doing something it isn't supposed to. I know weres have regeneration and all that jazz, but we don't, and now every time I see that panel I cringe.

First of all, it took me a minute to figure out what I was even looking at, which has always been PitW's biggest problem in my opinion. If you block the bottom half of the panel it superficially does look like a hand and arm reaching up and grabbing her boobs. Then I see Danny down there laying the other way and I'm just like, "Say what now?" The dialog doesn't really match up to it, either. "I didn't say your hands could stop," indicates that he had already been fondling her breasts up until then. Why would she, in the heat of the moment, lean forward and yank his foot up? This makes it look like you followed Kris's written dialog but not his description of the scene.

Second, while it is indeed funnier this way for a bit, it sacrifices a great deal of good old arousing fun. I actually found Butch's near rape of Peter more arousing than this, and it wasn't even supposed to be arousing. Knocked out, kidnapped and forced upon him without consent is bad and all, but at least all the parts were treated in a decent way. She certainly didn't feel the need to nearly twist his leg out of its socket.

Lately I've noticed that Ben has been taking the script into his own hands more and more frequently. Ben, dude, I love your art, both here and on furaffinity. I do think you have funny jokes and references. You definitely understand the youth of today better than Kris does. However, none of this means that you can write a better adult comic than he can.

Ben, for the comic's sake, for Kris's sake, and for your own sake because you have better things to do than redraw pages, can you try to refrain from so many impromptu script changes? Please? I figured you and Kris were supposed to discuss possible changes over before just up and doing them. Kris doesn't deserve any more headaches than he already gets.

Now gimme a brohoof.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:00 pm

I think the problem, Ben, is that you were trying for Beyond the Impossible, but stopped at merely Impossible.

If you're going for humor via Beyond the Impossible, you need to be not only over the top but down into the next valley. It needs to be beyond all conceivable doubt that (a) it was drawn that way intentionally, and (b) there is absolutely, positively, no way such a thing could ever, EVER happen. Then humor kicks in to resolve the mental conflict- "That looks wrong, but it is silly, so that's all right then."

When you stop at merely Impossible, you don't get humor. You get, "That looks wrong... still looks wrong... still looks wrong. Those idiots screwed up again."

(This is also part of the reason why Gag Boobs work.)
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby nighthawke » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Boyah, now we're talkin' some setups. Poor Miss Cherry and her sutor, this ought to be VERY interesting with three femme were's (wolves? yotes?) in their midst now.
"Big Weres forget about the little ones..." Heh, no they don't. They just leave the lil ones to the scavengers.

I gotta laugh at the wait in line comment from the firecracker redhead. Poor Con, his truck is going to be a mess before this night is finished. I don't know if the suspension is going to be intact. :mrgreen:

Oh, and guys, don't sweat the delay any. The timing was just right for it IS a waning gibbous (post full moon, but close enough)! ^.^

I think that Jean's got something up her sleeve, keeping Mr. Kitty busy, perhaps out of Sarah's fur? I'd say yes.
:mrgreen:
NH

Pay no heed to the man behind the curtain, he's only the janitor!
nighthawke
Button popping

Postby Ganthan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:01 pm

I also just noticed a spelling error. Jean says "Insterested" in the 4th panel.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby rdfox » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:43 pm

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
rdfox
Button popping

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf