[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Is it ok to Request a Tutorial?

Is it ok to Request a Tutorial?

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Is it ok to Request a Tutorial?

Postby DanBaka » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:42 am

DanBaka
Just getting started

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:42 pm

You may request it, but it might be a while before you get it...
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby DanBaka » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:40 am

DanBaka
Just getting started

Postby Queen of Night » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:37 pm

BAR-1 floats around this forum alot so if he hasn't already read this post he will eventually... You could probably note him though...
be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:57 pm

Yeah, I could do that pretty easily, but it'd be behind the rest of my doodling schedule, mind you... Could help for my "how to draw furries" panels, though...
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Loki » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:36 pm

How to Draw Furries (by Loki):

Step 1: Draw a people

Step 2: Add fur

Step 3: There is no step 3!

^_^ I'm kiddin'.
Loki
Feeling strange

I cant get it right...agrhh I'll kill em all!

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:08 pm

Good joke loki , but in all reality furry art is very hard , the muscle stucture and bone construction is very different let alone keeping beliveable consitancy in one's work.
doing any furry work is hard because #1 , what you are drawing has little basis in reality , and therefore no real solid refferance material .
#2 Reason is you have to set the physics of the word you construct , if you decide for example a furry creature has an ancilary muscle stucture for a tail , you had better not forget and " just tack the tail on as a continuation of the spinal column " ( furry obssesed fans will have your head for that one , let me tell you... :shock: )
#3 The joint structure has to be measured and proportioned the same way every time , this may not seem like such a big deal to someone who on a regular basis draws the human or animal form , because they are so used to pre-set proportions and dimensions but when you combine the two , one ether has to do the math and draw everything to a certain scale or just estimate and hope they "get it right the first time"....
This alone can lead to massive frustration and self doubt
For good furry art one must take all of these points into account and then comes the hard part , deciding on one's own personal style...
This alone knocks so many people out of the art field whom show such promise early on that it is rather sad :(
When all of these obsicales are over come then you are in the same problem I am facing...consistancy...my style in sketching is not horrific but my consistancy in all but sculpting and painting is dreadfull to say the least..
consistancy is mostly what wins fans more oft than naught and , partialy helps Bar-1's , and DarkZel's work gain such a large fan-base there "one-off" work is astounding but the consistancy of their work is what wins them the fans and praise as great artists in the comic field as a whole.
I hope this answered a few questions and will draw some attention to exactaly how hard everyone at WLP works.
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby Loki » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:56 pm

Thanks for the run-down. I've actually drawn fur for several years and most furries have generally liked my work. I even wrote a brief piece on proper anthropomorphism based upon reality: citing that a half mix wouldn't come out with a cat-girl, but rather a very ugly creature that probably had the worst of both species.

Maybe I'll show you guys my furry work sometime. But I don't think I have any non-adult fur.
Loki
Feeling strange

fueled by art...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:01 pm

Loki I for one look forward to seeing your art and there is always the adult channels for airing such art... :twisted: the PrOn channel being at the forefront.
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby Queen of Night » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:11 am

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby Aticston » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:46 pm

Aticston
Button popping

Return to Peter is the Wolf