[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Character Reactions Thread

Character Reactions Thread

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Well, not in the script anywhere, but in panel two Debbie's hand puppet is a werewolf with black hair and a parka.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kaeto » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:04 pm

It was probably something about Debbie having her hand up Peter's butt.
Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby heykat » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:57 pm

didn't realize Debbie was that kind of girl. :)
heykat
Feeling strange

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Maybe Debbie No, Maybe Jean Yes... All it takes is one issue of Cosmo with the cover story, "Ten Tricks to Tirn in Bed!" And it's game over, man.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby rdfox » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:22 am

Here's an interesting one for you, Kris...

You've told us before that Peter's local Pack is one of the more backwards, isolated, and generally not-in-tune-with-the-times Packs out there. So I'm going to posit two situations for you, and ask how the Pack in general, and the main characters specifically, would react:

1) A number of other, more forward-thinking and modern Packs, likely located in major population centers like New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, London, etc., have quietly consulted with each other and decided that, with the march of technology (surveillance cameras on every streetcorner, cameras in every cellphone, the pervasiveness of the internet, etc.), it's not going to be possible to keep The Secret a secret for much longer--likely another fifty years at the most--and instead have decided to start quietly taking action to condition the general public to NOT freak out when it finally is revealed, and instead just accept it and move on with their lives. You know, starting to influence Hollywood to make "fantasy" movies with characters who are weres, but it's not any big deal; getting a high-concept sitcom made along the lines of, "Jennifer just married her boyfriend, but what hijinks will ensue when he finds out she's a werewolf?"; arranging for Marvel to introduce a werewolf superhero or, if they already have one (I think they do), make him much more high profile and get him into the next Avengers movie; that sort of thing. Basically, they're starting to make moves to desensitize the public to the concept of weres and thus make it so that it'll be less of a shock when the secret comes out; sort of akin to the way the "Bi the Way" trope () is making bisexuality more recognized and accepted. In any event, we've got this situation, and Peter's local Pack finds out that no, it's not a coincidence that all this pro-were fiction is coming out all at once.

2) In a similar vein... the Secret is out! Due to the march of technology I mentioned in #1, incontrovertible evidence of the existence of weres has reached the general public (for example, someone's caught wuffing out on multiple security cameras, or during a Breaking News Story, CNN catches someone's survival instinct kicking in and causing them to wuff out to flee a life-threatening situation... during a live broadcast). The more forward-thinking, modern Packs figured out a long time ago that they needed to make plans for when the Secret got blown (it was bound to happen eventually), and therefore have started to gradually out themselves in ways intended to control the public reaction and thus protect their existence (by making it so that it becomes clear that hunting down and stamping out the weres would not be a viable option). How do the Pack and the main characters react to A) the initial unplanned revelation, and B) the other packs starting to try to spin this as best they can?
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
rdfox
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:12 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby rdfox » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:25 am

Ah, yeah, I was thinking briefly that Jameson's kid might have been, but I couldn't remember. Never heard of Werewolf by Night, but there's NO excuse for my forgetting about Rahne. :oops:

And no worries, Kris, I gave you a couple of pretty big ones there--you could probably do an entire story based around either one--so take as long as you want to think about 'em. I'd just been pondering the possibility of either one for a while and thinking it might well make for some interesting results. Enjoy the con!
rdfox
Button popping

Postby heykat » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:24 am

Hey with the new update, what would Butch have done had she been there when Ashley said those things to Peter?
heykat
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:41 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Kris, in the current arc we've seen what kind of clothes/costumes Jean and Sarah pick out for themselves. If Jean picked out clothes for Sarah, how would Sarah react (and visa versa)? Heck, how would Peter react to each of the girls getting him a new outfit?
ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:20 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Les » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:09 am

Just had a horrifying thought.

Juniper Stebbins is overheard gushing over her fondness of weres, her utmost respect for and almost worship of them, her desire to become one and dedicate her life to the Were lifestyle.

The one overhearing her is Gus Cramer.

How does Gus react?

How does Everyone Else react to whatever Gus does as a result of his reaction?
Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:41 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Les » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:22 pm

Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:20 pm

The current page with Carla talking to Peter reminded me of . If she really did bring up "Alpha Rights" to Peter (teasingly, of course...?) how would the cast react? Would Jean play along? Would it trigger a wolf-out for Sarah?
ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Blackjoker » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:52 pm

And now that you brought up the Alpha rights thing I got a weird question myself... Say that there was a kind of figurative/literal dick waving competition between the guys in the were history class, not sure how it escalates but it eventually leads to a whipping out, assuming they are human their reactions as well as the women in the class as well as the teacher (going to guess that Peter is mortified but kind of gets coerced into doing it)
One by one the penguins steal my sanity
Blackjoker
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:02 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ShadowMage » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Here's one for you: Sarah's dad manages to get himself thrown in jail.

What is:
Sarah's reaction?
Mrs. Hazen's reaction?
Peter's Reaction?
Con Nero's reaction?

GO!

(If you answer this with "That's spoiler info", I'm probably gonna punch a hole thru my monitor screen. :|-)
Whenever I see bar-1, all I can think is... how the f**k is it even possible to abuse Sierra Mist? I mean, maybe with AMP or Red Bull, but... what was I talking about?

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' never tried slamming a revolving door.
ShadowMage
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:30 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby rdfox » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:17 am

rdfox
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:42 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ShadowMage » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Whenever I see bar-1, all I can think is... how the f**k is it even possible to abuse Sierra Mist? I mean, maybe with AMP or Red Bull, but... what was I talking about?

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' never tried slamming a revolving door.
ShadowMage
Button popping

Postby Ganthan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:24 pm

The Trio are leaving Tiki Li Li's just as Butch and Carla are arriving. Sarah accidentally collides with Butch and spills soda all over Butch's brand new outfit.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:53 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

PreviousNext

Return to Peter is the Wolf