Character Reactions Thread

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:42 pm

Okay, Peter, Sarah, Jean & Butch are at a McRestaurant, one of those Max & Applebees types of places, and there's a "magician" there that night. The person offers to make the kids balloon animals/objects. What does each character as for?
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
User avatar
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser
 
Posts: 1919
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:26 am
Location: Westland, MI

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Zack Reign » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:34 am

bar1scorpio wrote:
Zack Reign wrote:"It's is discovered that peter was really one of 3 triplets that got separated at birth and all three are exactly the same in terms of they looks, and physical; attributes."


If they had different personality types, at least one would take advantage of it, for the lulz.
Peter: Did they give you guys a horrible nickname, too?
I think the most shocked would be Sally. She'd certainly notice pushing out a litter.

Or is this a, "Girls realize there's a Peters to go around now" sort of thing?


I'd think a combination of both since they'd all most likely be doing something to mess with peoples minds thing. (Lets face it who wouldn't do it if they suddenly found out that they had 2 two identical siblings that no one else knew about. As for Sally I think they could pass it off as her passing out from the pain, and pete's dad doing and a coin fip to decide who stay and who goes since he doesn't seem to be quite the model father.
User avatar
Zack Reign
Just getting started
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Zack Reign » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:35 am

Kris@WLP wrote:
Zack Reign wrote:"It's is discovered that peter was really one of 3 triplets that got separated at birth and all three are exactly the same in terms of they looks, and physical; attributes."[/quote

Requires creating the backstory of the other two triplets to get anything besides ammo for Jean to rag on Peter with.


Hmm you mean a short backstory or a long detailed one?
User avatar
Zack Reign
Just getting started
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:42 am

Zack Reign wrote:
Kris@WLP wrote:
Zack Reign wrote:"It's is discovered that peter was really one of 3 triplets that got separated at birth and all three are exactly the same in terms of they looks, and physical; attributes."[/quote

Requires creating the backstory of the other two triplets to get anything besides ammo for Jean to rag on Peter with.


Hmm you mean a short backstory or a long detailed one?


Anything that would delve into alt-continuities or fanfic would be more a "What If?" thread question.
Here is a better spot for questions on reactions to what would be more realistic things, or situations that would show some of their personalities, in continuity. (i.e.: 'What if they got mugged?" "How would they react to a box of kittens?" etc.)
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
User avatar
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser
 
Posts: 1919
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:26 am
Location: Westland, MI

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Zack Reign » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:56 am

ah ok.
User avatar
Zack Reign
Just getting started
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby rdfox » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:06 am

Here's a crazy one for you that shouldn't take *too* much space to explain...

If, through some magic, the members of the Muzzle Group were granted 24 hours where they weren't physically able to thrall anyone, and there would be no other fallout from their actions, *excluding* other cast members, what one person would each most likely try to bed in that period (and would they succeed)? (If the whole group would take too much thought, we can go with just the main four. And yes, the exclusion is specifically to eliminate the easy reply for Butch. :twisted: )
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
rdfox
Button popping
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:08 pm
Location: 20 miles north of Hell, MI

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:55 am

rdfox wrote:If, ... the members of the Muzzle Group were granted 24 hours where they weren't physically able to thrall anyone ... what one person would each most likely try to bed in that period (and would they succeed)?


What, like what human in town? because there aren't that many as listed characters.

Or is this a "What celebrity would each person in the muzzle group like to f***" And if so, could Sarah be allowed to pick an important historical figure instead?
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
User avatar
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser
 
Posts: 1919
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:26 am
Location: Westland, MI

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:44 pm

bar1scorpio wrote:Okay, Peter, Sarah, Jean & Butch are at a McRestaurant, one of those Max & Applebees types of places, and there's a "magician" there that night. The person offers to make the kids balloon animals/objects. What does each character as for?


Sarah would want a balloon poodle, partly because of the Hazen family dog, which I hope to get into the script at some point. Her name is Fluppy Dog. Sarah named her.

Peter, having little imagination, would go for the giraffe.

Butch has zero use for balloon animals or magicians.

And if we're lucky Jean waits until last for her request. She'd start by saying, "Surprise me." Then, each time the balloon artist got halfway through something, she'd shout, "I get it! It's a dildo!" or something similar. If the balloon artist has any sense he will complete the inflatable phallus, even though it definitely wasn't what was intended. Otherwise Jean will play with her balloon-tying toy until he breaks.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
User avatar
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief
 
Posts: 4768
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Livingston, TX

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:54 pm

rdfox wrote:Here's a crazy one for you that shouldn't take *too* much space to explain...

If, through some magic, the members of the Muzzle Group were granted 24 hours where they weren't physically able to thrall anyone, and there would be no other fallout from their actions, *excluding* other cast members, what one person would each most likely try to bed in that period (and would they succeed)? (If the whole group would take too much thought, we can go with just the main four. And yes, the exclusion is specifically to eliminate the easy reply for Butch. :twisted: )


Pretty much the whole Muzzle Group is bedding those they're interested in bedding. Noah, though unsuccessful with Sarah, has gone a couple rounds with Jean, who regards him as sort of a nicotine-gum replacement for Peter. None of the others have even given a first thought, much less a second, to human bedfellows, because the danger of enthrallment has been inculcated so deeply with all of them since they were babies.

If asked, some of them might pick some impossible celebrity or other. Don't ask me which, because I treasure my ignorance of celebrities, Hollywood or otherwise. Hell, until day before yesterday I thought Channing Tatum was an actress.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
User avatar
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief
 
Posts: 4768
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Livingston, TX

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby rdfox » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:05 am

bar1scorpio wrote:
rdfox wrote:If, ... the members of the Muzzle Group were granted 24 hours where they weren't physically able to thrall anyone ... what one person would each most likely try to bed in that period (and would they succeed)?


What, like what human in town? because there aren't that many as listed characters.

Or is this a "What celebrity would each person in the muzzle group like to f***" And if so, could Sarah be allowed to pick an important historical figure instead?

(Going with Ben because I figure he's more likely to have an idea, based on replies!) I was actually thinking more celebrities (or perhaps Unnamed Local Sports Team Position's Player), as a bit of a peek into their psyche. Sure, we can make it anyone people would have heard of, living or dead.

(This all plays into my theory that you can learn a bit about a character's psyche by asking who they'd most likely want to screw if they had a no-consequences opportunity to do so.)
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
rdfox
Button popping
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:08 pm
Location: 20 miles north of Hell, MI

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:42 am

The Muzzle Group is all at Peter & Sarah's place, a.k.a. The Lodge. And it's MOVIE NIGHT. The movie? Cabin in the Woods. Then this happens.
Image
Image
Image
How does the gang react?
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
User avatar
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser
 
Posts: 1919
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:26 am
Location: Westland, MI

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:04 pm

Unless the images in motion are a lot more convincing than the stills, I imagine the laughter and mocking will just get kicked up another notch.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
User avatar
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief
 
Posts: 4768
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Livingston, TX

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Happygun » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:07 pm

...Moving right along.

The main characters awake one day to discover that, inexplicably, everyone on the planet is a werewolf (or werefox, werebear, etc.) and everyone acts as though it's always been that way. Changes to the world/history/society are minimal (even if logic dictates otherwise). How do they react?

Note: in Sarah's case, it's accepted that a rare few weres have trouble controlling themselves even into adolescence but it's something everyone grows out of eventually; the fact she has trouble is partially what makes her an outcast in this reality.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity
 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:28 am

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:38 pm

Kris@WLP wrote:Unless the images in motion are a lot more convincing than the stills, I imagine the laughter and mocking will just get kicked up another notch.


Well, it's not a werewolf, it's an inanimate wolf's head on a wall that she's been "dared" to make out with.

And hey! Somebody uploaded the scene to youtube! Watch it in all it's uncomfortable, sexy glory!
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
User avatar
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser
 
Posts: 1919
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:26 am
Location: Westland, MI

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Happygun » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:48 pm

bar1scorpio wrote:
Kris@WLP wrote:Unless the images in motion are a lot more convincing than the stills, I imagine the laughter and mocking will just get kicked up another notch.


Well, it's not a werewolf, it's an inanimate wolf's head on a wall that she's been "dared" to make out with.

Couldn't even bring myself to watch that movie after I learned about the premise. It's just so...stupid. This may cost me several geek points but Joss Whedon is overrated (yes, Avengers and Toy Story and so forth, but that's about it).
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity
 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:28 am

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:37 am

Happygun wrote:...Moving right along.

The main characters awake one day to discover that, inexplicably, everyone on the planet is a werewolf (or werefox, werebear, etc.) and everyone acts as though it's always been that way. Changes to the world/history/society are minimal (even if logic dictates otherwise). How do they react?

Note: in Sarah's case, it's accepted that a rare few weres have trouble controlling themselves even into adolescence but it's something everyone grows out of eventually; the fact she has trouble is partially what makes her an outcast in this reality.


Peter and Butch: Mind. Blown.

Jean: "FREE! FREE AT LAST! A-HAHAHAHA! When's the next frat party? Where can I get a fake ID?"

Sarah: "You mean I'm even MORE ostracized than I already was?"
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
User avatar
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief
 
Posts: 4768
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Livingston, TX

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Happygun » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:23 pm

Kris@WLP wrote:
Happygun wrote:...Moving right along.

The main characters awake one day to discover that, inexplicably, everyone on the planet is a werewolf (or werefox, werebear, etc.) and everyone acts as though it's always been that way. Changes to the world/history/society are minimal (even if logic dictates otherwise). How do they react?

Note: in Sarah's case, it's accepted that a rare few weres have trouble controlling themselves even into adolescence but it's something everyone grows out of eventually; the fact she has trouble is partially what makes her an outcast in this reality.


Peter and Butch: Mind. Blown.

Jean: "FREE! FREE AT LAST! A-HAHAHAHA! When's the next frat party? Where can I get a fake ID?"

Sarah: "You mean I'm even MORE ostracized than I already was?"

I didn't mean to imply Sarah would be MORE of an outcast. My understanding is that her dorky (but cute) appearance is partially what made her an outcast in high school, but this would probably be offset if her alter ego were a frickin' amazon beauty. Hence the "she still can't control herself" prejudice to offset this to normalize her status in the alternate reality.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity
 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:28 am

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:35 pm

Happygun wrote:
Kris@WLP wrote:Sarah: "You mean I'm even MORE ostracized than I already was?"

I didn't mean to imply Sarah would be MORE of an outcast. My understanding is that her dorky (but cute) appearance is partially what made her an outcast in high school, but this would probably be offset if her alter ego were a frickin' amazon beauty. Hence the "she still can't control herself" prejudice to offset this to normalize her status in the alternate reality.


An Amazon beauty with zero control isn't going to get that much of a social life. She was already the Geeky Brainiac Without Common Sense; now she's the GBWCS Who Wolfs Out At Random Into an Unstoppable Engine of Destruction.

As Sarah sees it, it's only another reason to not be popular.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
User avatar
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief
 
Posts: 4768
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Livingston, TX

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby satorui » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:01 pm

going off of happygun's last question, what if they discover that normal humans, in this alternate world, are depicted in legend, folklore, horror movies and paranormal romance novels much the same way that weres are in the main universe( or rather as slashers with silver machetes, if you prefer.)? and what if the main cast discover a secret society of normal humans that is eerily similar to were society in the main PitW universe?
satorui
Feeling strange
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:05 pm

satorui wrote:going off of happygun's last question, what if


You know there's a thread for that.

Leaving that aside, I will comment that secret NON-shapeshifters are a lot harder to justify than secret shapeshifters. "You mean some people DON'T change under the full moon?" "Well, anybody who won't go out and about on full moon nights... might not be a werewolf." See my point?
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
User avatar
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief
 
Posts: 4768
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Livingston, TX

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Black_Mantha » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:18 am

Here's one for the adults:

A new werewolf moves into town. A big guy and pretty charismatic, and he makes it obvious he intents to be alpha by the end of the year, whether that means winning an election or by right of the strongest. How do Jack, Carla, Gus and Walter react?
Index for Word of God
...and ponies.
User avatar
Black_Mantha
Button popping
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:20 am
Location: the Netherlands

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:46 am

With extreme suspicion. Someone who'd declare they want to become Alpha as soon as they move in? Obvious troublemaker, unless said wolf is also very young, at which point they'd just laugh at the kid for his/her presumption.

Alpha might have been a great office a few hundred years ago, when the Alpha's rights included some form of droit du seigneur, but nowadays? The job of Alpha has become almost thankless, trying to organize a group of often, very different families into a coherent society in order to see to each individual's unique needs, in addition to the overall need to protect "the secret".
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
User avatar
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser
 
Posts: 1919
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:26 am
Location: Westland, MI

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Happygun » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:08 pm

Alright, this one's also a little out there, but I think it'd be a good gauge of the main cast's personalities.

For whatever reason they encounter a uncontacted/isolated tribe (education abroad program? Won a free vacation to South America? Transported to a parallel universe?) which catches them transforming. As cliche dictates, the tribe embraces the character(s) as a deity(s) and starts worshiping them, providing food, drink, fanning them, carving statues in their likeness, etc. Reactions?
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity
 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:28 am

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:57 pm

Happygun wrote:Alright, this one's also a little out there, but I think it'd be a good gauge of the main cast's personalities.

For whatever reason they encounter a uncontacted/isolated tribe (education abroad program? Won a free vacation to South America? Transported to a parallel universe?) which catches them transforming. As cliche dictates, the tribe embraces the character(s) as a deity(s) and starts worshiping them, providing food, drink, fanning them, carving statues in their likeness, etc. Reactions?


Peter and Sarah would resist- Peter because he's not comfortable with the attention, Sarah because she thinks it's morally wrong. (Though in wolf mode Sarah has no qualms about scarfing treats.)

Butch would react poorly at first, wanting to set boundaries, but if the natives persist and learn to keep a bit of distance, she'll go along with it.

Jean would go over all Jungle Queen in a heartbeat, but for all she'd abuse the power, she'd also try to be a just god when the natives ask for things. (If they can overcome the language barrier.)
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
User avatar
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief
 
Posts: 4768
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Livingston, TX

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:37 pm

And when things go inevitably t*ts-up for Jean, she'll have to once again, call up Chris Bucholz
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
User avatar
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser
 
Posts: 1919
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:26 am
Location: Westland, MI

PreviousNext

Return to Peter is the Wolf

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron