Character Reactions Thread

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby OmegaScales » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:02 am

First, something I'm fairly sure you'd say "spoilers" to, but I'll ask anyway:
Sarah has a cure, but is conflicted between two choices: should she use it and break up with Peter (it's a cure, not a prevention, having sex would turn her back into a werewolf), or stay a werewolf despite the dangers? EDIT: This is assuming the cure is (a) effective only on "infected" individuals, not anyone born a were, and/or (b) a single dose (and getting another dose would be near impossible).
Also, how do the others react to her choice?

Second: Arthur Hazen has kept a secret from even his own family, but now it's been revealed. What could it possibly be and how does everyone (his wife, Sarah, Nero, Jack, etc.) react?
When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.
OmegaScales
Just getting started

Location: In your head... oh my... your secrets are safe with me!

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:08 am

OmegaScales wrote:First, something I'm fairly sure you'd say "spoilers" to, but I'll ask anyway:
Sarah has a cure, but is conflicted between two choices: should she use it and break up with Peter (it's a cure, not a prevention, having sex would turn her back into a werewolf), or stay a werewolf despite the dangers? EDIT: This is assuming the cure is (a) effective only on "infected" individuals, not anyone born a were, and/or (b) a single dose (and getting another dose would be near impossible).
Also, how do the others react to her choice?

Second: Arthur Hazen has kept a secret from even his own family, but now it's been revealed. What could it possibly be and how does everyone (his wife, Sarah, Nero, Jack, etc.) react?

Well, the first is not a reaction situation; you're asking me to make a choice for the character, which isn't how this thread works.

And the second... Arthur Hazen keeping a secret is massively out of character for him, in no small part because he's TERRIBLE at any and all forms of prevarication. So, again, can't speak to it.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby OmegaScales » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:59 am

Kris@WLP wrote:Well, the first is not a reaction situation; you're asking me to make a choice for the character, which isn't how this thread works.

How about this then:
She has that choice. How would people react to her being in this situation?

Kris@WLP wrote:And the second... Arthur Hazen keeping a secret is massively out of character for him, in no small part because he's TERRIBLE at any and all forms of prevarication. So, again, can't speak to it.

... Okay, yeah. I just thought he might make some exception perhaps for his parents or something. Guess I was wrong.

How would people react if a witch came to town?
When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.
OmegaScales
Just getting started

Location: In your head... oh my... your secrets are safe with me!

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:44 am

Shrug of shoulders. There are already witches in town. A witch runs the campus Pagan Students resource office.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:58 pm

This one's also a bit out there* but again, I think it's an interesting hypothetical.

There is a pill that instantly and painlessly changes the imbiber's biological sex for 24 hours. However, every time one of the pills is taken, there is a small but not insignificant chance (say, 2%) that the transformation is permanent (and no, popping additional pills has no effect on the imbiber from this point on, not even temporarily). Which, if any, of the main cast would indulge? More than once?

*And sounds like something that came out of an erotic fanfic/choose your own adventure.

EDIT: Yes, it affects werewolves too.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:34 am

Happygun wrote:This one's also a bit out there* but again, I think it's an interesting hypothetical.

There is a pill that instantly and painlessly changes the imbiber's biological sex for 24 hours. However, every time one of the pills is taken, there is a small but not insignificant chance (say, 2%) that the transformation is permanent (and no, popping additional pills has no effect on the imbiber from this point on, not even temporarily). Which, if any, of the main cast would indulge? More than once?

*And sounds like something that came out of an erotic fanfic/choose your own adventure.

Jean is the only one who'd give it even one try, and she probably wouldn't go for a second.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Motorcycle » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:39 am

The pack finally decides to take Peter's talk about the men in suits seriously & Jean's mother decides that the 4 need to learn how to fight, even if it's just to be able to break free from capture since it's always lots at a time. What are their reactions?
It's time to prove to your friends you're worth a damn; sometimes that means dying, sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people.
Motorcycle
Just getting started

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:29 pm

Motorcycle wrote:The pack finally decides to take Peter's talk about the men in suits seriously & Jean's mother decides that the 4 need to learn how to fight, even if it's just to be able to break free from capture since it's always lots at a time. What are their reactions?

Butch has tried to get lessons and picked up a few things before, but her father usually put a stop to it. She'd be ecstatic.

Jean would make a few jokes, but she'd go along with it and seriously apply herself.

Peter and Sarah... neither one has the talent for fighting, and Peter just plain doesn't have the mindset. They'll go along with it, but they'll do very poorly indeed, and neither one will be enthusiastic about it at all.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:20 pm

Kris@WLP wrote:
Happygun wrote:This one's also a bit out there* but again, I think it's an interesting hypothetical.

Jean is the only one who'd give it even one try, and she probably wouldn't go for a second.

Possibly Sarah would, unless Peter talked her down from her Yaoi fandom. (Of course she'd still want to be Peter's Uke.)
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:42 pm

The whateverest spinoff police procedural starring a rapper from the 90s has an Halloween "special" centering around a suspect that may or may not be a werewolf.

What line of dialog does each of the main 4 find the cringiest?
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Motorcycle » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:39 am

The pack finds out that a greedy developer is using connections to be able to seize part of the woods to put up whatever. What, if anything, do they do about it?
It's time to prove to your friends you're worth a damn; sometimes that means dying, sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people.
Motorcycle
Just getting started

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:55 am

Especially cringe worthy, as there's enough developed land in the area that's gone to pot, if this is taking place in Michigan.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kaeto » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:43 pm

bar1scorpio wrote:Especially cringe worthy, as there's enough developed land in the area that's gone to pot, if this is taking place in Michigan.

Tell me about it.
Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:20 am

Motorcycle wrote:The pack finds out that a greedy developer is using connections to be able to seize part of the woods to put up whatever. What, if anything, do they do about it?

Probably nothing at all. These things happen. The pack tends to save its leverage for things which are a direct threat to their well-being. Losing undeveloped land to construction is inconvenient, that's all.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:45 pm

Here's a question for Dr. Abe and/or our favorite Texan werefox college student. It's a conundrum that has baffled internet goers for decades...in internet years, and these two individuals are likely to offer unique insight into this puzzle.

What does the fox say?
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:54 pm

If you got into Danny's media files, the fox says, "Yew ain't recordin' this, are ya?"
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Motorcycle » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:28 pm

Due to circumstances Butch has an opportunity to kill Gus & it's fair by Pack Laws. Peter, Sarah & Jean are there. What happens?

Gus attacks Peter trying to kill him. Due to luck (of course) Peter manages to kill Gus. (The whole tumble down stairs & Gus gets the broken neck/stabbed with silver knife, Peter ducks & Gus doesn't, struggle over gun & Gus gets shot with silver bullet...). Peter is of course shocked. How does everyone else react? Particularly or only: Jean, Sarah, Butch, Jean's parents (since they are alphas), Peter's parents, & Con Nero just because. Sorry for multiple answers needed, but I'm really interested in how they react, Thanks.
Motorcycle
Just getting started

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:42 pm

Motorcycle wrote:Due to circumstances Butch has an opportunity to kill Gus & it's fair by Pack Laws. Peter, Sarah & Jean are there. What happens?

Gus attacks Peter trying to kill him. Due to luck (of course) Peter manages to kill Gus. (The whole tumble down stairs & Gus gets the broken neck/stabbed with silver knife, Peter ducks & Gus doesn't, struggle over gun & Gus gets shot with silver bullet...). Peter is of course shocked. How does everyone else react? Particularly or only: Jean, Sarah, Butch, Jean's parents (since they are alphas), Peter's parents, & Con Nero just because. Sorry for multiple answers needed, but I'm really interested in how they react, Thanks.

No answer due to possible spoilers.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Motorcycle » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:44 pm

ah bummer. Was really interested in the answers.
Motorcycle
Just getting started

Postby Motorcycle » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:25 am

Butch sincerely apologizing to Peter for the attempted rape.

Realizing someone tried to slip them a spiked drink at a frat party. I'd like it if would post how the others would react to one of the others getting spiked as well, but realize you may not want to due to quite a few POVs to post.
Motorcycle
Just getting started

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:36 pm

Motorcycle wrote:Butch sincerely apologizing to Peter for the attempted rape.

Peter and Sarah: exploring the final frontiers of awkwaaaaard...

Jean: hostile. So far as she's concerned, an apology changes nothing, and she's not going to forgive, likely ever.

Motorcycle wrote:Realizing someone tried to slip them a spiked drink at a frat party. I'd like it if would post how the others would react to one of the others getting spiked as well, but realize you may not want to due to quite a few POVs to post.

Sarah and Butch wouldn't be at a frat party in the first place.

Peter would try not to let on, but he'd take the first opportunity to bail. If he had a friend with him, he'd do his best to drag him/her out the door.

Jean would do her best to expose Mr. Roofy in as public a way as possible. If (as is all too likely) the frat crowd fails to share her anger, she will make arrangements for some accident to befall the perpetrator in the dark... it's so easy to trip over baseball bats in the dark and break your knees, isn't it?
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Motorcycle » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Just thought of one that is actually possible & would be a concern: they find evidence that another thrall has come into the area.
Motorcycle
Just getting started

Previous

Return to Peter is the Wolf