[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 264 (6-27-2012)

Page 264 (6-27-2012)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 264 (6-27-2012)

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Almost done with the photo shoot...

(BTW, the little rhyme is one of BAR-1's ideas. I've never heard that rule either.)
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 264 (6-27-2012)

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:26 am

Oughtta mention this time around that Brooke has a case of Ahoge, or factored into her design. Not sure if Kris ever sent me a note that they were specifically to resemble Abbot & Costello, or any two person comedy team per se, before they appeared.

So what's next, we introduce a quartet of girls all designed to look/act like one of the Marx brothers? What would a girl Groucho look like anyways. And why a duck?
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:36 am

Wooooooooo! and D'aaawww all in the same page. Doesn't get much better than this.

...But if there were a pony present it'd be the best PitW ever.

MORE PONIES!!!
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby RBrigham » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:52 am

What is it with people and ponies???
RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby Happygun » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:58 am

Happygun

Postby Henpecked » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:06 am

Despite the messy ramifications of the whole photo shoot (which I'm sure are about to come around very soon), it is kinda nice to see that Sarah has finally made friends with someone outside the were circle.
Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kaeto » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:24 am

Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Ganthan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:09 am

I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:42 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:36 am

"Mouse ears?" :lol: Kudos to whoever came up with that! I don't think I'll be able to look at Mickey Mouse the same way again.

Whatever the story behind the girls are I think they've worked well in both design and story. They work as a classic straight man/funny man pair. Also Brooke's reaction to Sarah have been hilarious! It's great to see her respond to Sarah's personality, which I certainly wouldn't have expected from the premise of the arc. She seems like she's having a lot of fun.

On the art side of things these last couple pages have been great. Ben's shading on Sarah looks great. And I really like how her posing montage was handled, the multiple angles and different sized shots really keep the scene flowing dynamically. Not to mention I think this is the first time we've seen Sarah really do human posing in wolf form.

Speaking of which, it is really interesting to hear Sarah's thoughts while this is going on. I thought her comment on confidence on the last page really said a lot about her character and really helped draw a contrast between her normal thoughts and her wolf-form. Plus her wolf showing off in front of the camera is still very id but seems to me to be more of a human instinct than a wolf instinct. In fact between this and the end of the last arc I think this is the most human we've seen Sarah act in wolf-form. I'm very curious to see where the story goes from here!

Finally, beeping camera? Timed picture? Battery dying? Self-destruct sequence?

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Aticston » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Horay Sarah's breasts are the correct size again!

I say "Correct size" cause they most often drawn that size, last week they were a lot smaller then normal, but all forgiven now =3

EDIT: Also I have to say the middle panel is probably the best were face you have drawn yet Bar. Often your were faces look to be flat on or overly angular offset to their facing the viewer, today though its just outright impressive

The top of the muzzle looks to be closer to the viewer then the bottom, which it is given she has her mouth wide open. Its more naturally round then solidly angular. Its a touch big on the right side but its not dominating the frame. She still has animu eyes, but the eyes look actually expressive and not soul-less voids most anime characters have

Even her face in the bottom panel is impressive. Her face is well rounded, the muzzle isn't comically long (You draw long muzzles randomly) her left eye (Right in the picture) is a touch large, but its not wrecking the drawing.

Her head size in all the pictures matches her torso size very well, something you have a problem with at times when you do close cropped shoulder headshots (Again I dunno why, you don't have the problem with full drawings)

The top left drawing of her head is a incredible improvement based on that same head position in the past. The "Almost direct head on" look on this page and previous is leaps improved over the past, where before you would draw head on the muzzle would practically vanish from view altogether, now it is actually still in view even though viewed head on.

And again, since I'm a boob hound and every time you draw her breasts smaller then her "Standard" (Deviation you draw her breasts from their most often appearance in the comics) it wounds my soul, so its nice to see her chest has indeed returned in this weeks comic =3

Small nitpick, he she standing on a table in panel 1?
Aticston
Button popping

Postby Fionn the Otaku » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Fionn the Otaku
Bodice ripping

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:28 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:49 am

After Aticston's comment I've got to say I agree that Sarah's face on the third panel here is fantastic. That goes for the second panel on page 264 as well. They both do a really good job of giving Sarah a playful puppy look and that really sells why Brooke can be so comfortable as well. We are talking about a gigantic werewolf after all, if it was anyone besides Sarah things could be going very differently. Kudos to Ben for doing it so well. :wink:

And going on a bit more about Sarah's wolf side reactions becoming more human her doing the Japanese "V" sign for the pictures is a nice touch considering how much Sarah was into anime/cosplay and her reactions to Cherry in the Muzzle Group.

As a side note, did you guys ever work at a burger place? The background details for behind the counter in some of the panels have been pretty true to life. Although no place I ever worked had a real jukebox in it - this must be a classy joint.
ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:21 pm

The only time I ever worked fast food was on my college campus at an A & W. The burgers there were sent through on a conveyor belt track through the "oven". But I must say, if you work fast food, stoners are the best customers ever. A guy who wakes & bakes is just SO happy to see their food.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:15 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:01 pm

But as for the background, I downloaded some images directly to my cellphone for easy reference material. Looking up things like "milkshake machine" and "burger grill", etc.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Hey, you mentioned earlier that they had no customers - considering what we've seen of the store owner/manager I could definitely see him dressing up the place in an effort to drum up business. Especially with something that could bring in profit like a jukebox which could be picked up cheap at a pawn shop or something. After all, we are talking about the guy whose first thought when a gigantic, stacked werewolf bursts though his door was "BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY!"

On that note it is really cool that you guys can give personality to one-shot/unimportant characters like that. The dialog does a good job of portraying their characteristics instead of being wooden or only there to move the plot along. I happen to like BAR-1's rhyme, at least in that it supports how we've seen Brooke act so far.

As an aside if conspiracy theories in PitW are like what they are in real life at least the pack already has a pre-made excuse if they have to explain away any photos: weather balloons!

I am interesting in seeing where this is going and whether Peter will jump in at some point.

Edit: Ben beat me to a post. Ahah, that explains it! You did do a really good job making them look true to life while still fitting in the style of the comic. Most webcomics skimp on backgrounds if they have them at all so it's always cool to see PitW go the extra mile.
ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby koryu » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:09 am

koryu
Just getting started

Postby rdfox » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Given what I'm expecting in the next page, it might be more accurate to suggest that the place may end up being converted into a Cafe Risque sort of deal. (I'd link you, but honestly, it's too hot for me to care. Basically, it's a small chain of greasy spoons that are also stripjoints at the same time.)
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
rdfox
Button popping

Postby Happygun » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:14 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Happygun

Postby rdfox » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:34 am

Too hot to *look up* a URL. (It wasn't that I didn't have an overpowered A/C, it's that mine was broken the first day Howell hit triple digits for the year.)

That said, I'll try and find it now...

Well, it appears that their official site has vanished from the face of the earth. But here's a link to a listing of the one I remember:

They have several other sites along major interstates, but other than Dunn, NC, I can't remember any particular one.
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
rdfox
Button popping

Postby Ganthan » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Is there an update this week or is the holiday gonna cause a delay?
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf