[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 269 (8-15-2012)

Page 269 (8-15-2012)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 269 (8-15-2012)

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:20 am

Oh, so... yeah, nobody was surprised.

But somebody's GOING to be...
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 269 (8-15-2012)

Postby Happygun » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:37 pm

Well, he's competent enough to know where to start looking.

You'd think werewolf hunters would work in pairs; if one is enthralled the other one could kill his/her partner (suicide being out of the question due to trust/religious issues).
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby RBrigham » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:56 pm

It will be just a matter of time before the word get out that a "person of small stature and oddly dressed" who is asking the wrong questions will get to the ears of Mr. Goodwin.
I'm wondering if Gus has anything to do with this???
RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby Henpecked » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:13 am

Well, one thing's for sure - werewolf hunters dump their entire budget into their costume. Hence taking the bus to Parkieville and staying at a fleabag motel.
Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Black_Mantha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:23 am

...and ponies.
Black_Mantha
Button popping

Postby stormydragon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:16 am

I'd avoid that hotel chain. Their rooms prices look reasonable, but they pile a ton of extra charges onto your bill untill next thing you know they're taking all your money.
stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby Henpecked » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:55 am

So how much do hunters know about modern-day weres? Are they still operating on the assumption that werewolves are bloodthirsty monsters who prey on unwitting victims every full moon, or do they know that weres are pretty much normal people with a fuzzy side that need to be exterminated anyway because their deity of choice says so?
Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby cawsking555 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:26 pm

spoilers sweetie "river song"
Migi! Yame nasai! Sore wa oroka da. Hijō ni oroka na tashika ni! Chotto ii aidea toshite, ima anata ga tada oroka na ensō; kuria OUT o, LOT pōrando no anata no iru ofu kaishi!
cawsking555
Mountain climbing

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:03 am

Whatev -

Hm. Doing a midnight shift, trying to get my hours up to full. On TVTropes - just reminded me, part of book two is also going back and meticulously deleting all the 'g's at the end of Peter's words.. and turning "Going to" into "gonna"... In the first book, I tried to portray him with a harsh urban + Michiganian accent. (Pronounced: Mish ih gay nee an) Part of, you have one character (Peter) constantly droppin' g's everywhere, an if makes a character who doesn't (Sarah) sound all the more cultured.

Ofcourse, doin'acomicinmyownfull-blownMichiganianaccen'dlooksomethinlikethis'causewealsotalkthisfas'inreallife. God, I've been doing that a lot at work, and noticing it.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:21 am

dethawIn fact, explore this site: To get an idea of how I sound. And by way of, Peter & his Father. Gus likely as well, but more likely he continues his Military accent (also helps a wolf's Command Voice). Jean likely also sounds like this, having never had the chance to pick up a "Rez" accent. Sarah... given her parents are New Englanders, and her obsession with being 'proper' and her nerdiness... likely sounds like she's speaking with an audiobook induced faux-British accent.

...EDIT....

And really, we need the out-of-towners at some point giggling about Big Beaver 69

Augh... just going through this thing - I'm guilty... guilty of soooo many!

The Ren Cen, in the city of Di'troi, is where we hold YoumaCon this year for all you guys. And gals. Once you've parked your Ponnyac in tha parkin' deck, you can walk over and getchherself a pop. I'm hopin' tah make alot've money there, as I'll haveta get to tha SecretariahState after tha con to get my driverr's license renewed. I'll be drawin' commishins with my ink pens. If you c'mon over teh my place, I'll dethaw you a frozen dinnerr I bought at Meijer's, or K-Mart's, or Target's.

Anyone want to invite me to their hometown convention, just to hear the funny way I talk, while insisting the whole time that I do NOT have an accent?
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:02 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:25 pm

Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:34 am

A new disturbing possibility just sprang to mind. I kind of hope it isn't true.

Since it seems that Butch will meet this guy first, perhaps she'll think "Sometimes you've got to fight fire with fire", make a thrall out of Lee to help eliminate Sarah, and end up losing her life out of the ordeal.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:46 pm

Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:20 pm

The reason that hypothesis came to mind is partly due to the Character Reactions Thread. Someone asked about a human paying a were to thrall them and Kris declined to give a response for spoiler reasons. Before that, someone asked about a new human suitor coming on to one of the main four and, again, Kris declined because of spoilers. Then suddenly I realized that the rather out of place line of "Thralls can get you killed" in the Robin Hood history arc may not have been forshadowing Peter and Sarah at all.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Monfang » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:18 pm

I have a feeling this 'Hunter' is nothing more than a newbie who ran away from his teacher when he saw the reports.

Ether it'll end with:

1) him getting Thralled and turning into a love interest for ether Butch or Jean.
2) Us somehow learning that were-hunting has changed as well and they don't go actively hunting anymore, rather work as a clean up for rogues.
3) His teacher comes to get him and apologizes but he returns as a recurring character for some reason.

Btw, in the page prior to this, did you notice the item hanging out of his pocket that looks like a stylized Roman Numeral 1? Reminds me of the Inquisition from the Warhammer 40K Series.
Monfang
Button popping

Return to Peter is the Wolf