[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 274 (10-17-2012)

Page 274 (10-17-2012)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 274 (10-17-2012)

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:26 pm

Reminder: I'll be at OniCon in Galveston this weekend...

... next weekend I'll be in Nashville for FangCon.

Please come to one or the other, and BRING YOUR WALLETS!!

Anyway, Gus gets his first chance- if brief- to give his sales pitch to Sarah.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 274 (10-17-2012)

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:04 pm

you mean Gus
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:22 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Black_Mantha » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:52 am

Alpha female? Sarah? We know that she doesn't have the personality for it, but would she even want it?

And it seems like Gus is trying to gain a hold on the strongest were around, and get her around to his way of thinking. But he'll also have to make sure that she doesn't stand up to him, and that's a bit disturbing. Because that would mean her as alpha female and him as alpha male, with him in the dominant position.

...and ponies.
Black_Mantha
Button popping

Postby Ganthan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:38 am

Wow, for an initial sales pitch that was truly sad and pathetic. He just made some hefty blunders.

1. Badmouthing Peter. Well done, Gus. You're trying to get Sarah to warm up to you and you just called her boyfriend a runt right in front of her. Not Peter's fault, of course, that he was born small and weak and is therefore of lesser importance than you. Whatever you say. Not everyone is an asshole like you, Gus.

2. Saying that she will end up as Alpha eventually. Hey Gus, guess what? Sarah HATES being a werewolf and she doesn't want any more part of it if she can help it. He cannot unwrap his mind from this stupid idea of 'The strong rule the weak' long enough to even try to get on the same page as her. Furthermore Sarah's probably wondering things like, "Even if I wanted to be this 'alpha' as you call it, why do you think the pack would even elect me?" or "If the position of alpha goes to the strongest in the pack and you're willing to teach me how to get there, then why aren't YOU alpha right now instead of Jack Goodwin?"

I understand why Gus probably wouldn't know all this about Sarah but he should have at least done a bit of homework before launching this pitch. It's just another classic case of someone incapable of understanding any way of thinking besides the way they themselves do it and think everyone is the same. As an atheist I've seen this kind of thing lots and lots of times from Christians trying to convert me. Not only are they not on the same page as you, they don't realize that any page besides their own even exists.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:03 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby stormydragon » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:11 pm

"Sarah, you can destroy the Emperor. He has forseen this. It is your destiny. Join me, and together, we can rule the galaxy as father and daughter. Come with me. It is the only way."
stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:57 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Les » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:14 am

This.. is pretty scary.

Sarah, Uber-Were that she is, still is heavily biased towards her human side.. and humans tend to really really like deferring to authority if they can, whether that authority is officially sanctioned or in the form of one simply having more knowledge and experience.

Gus is a police officer, And an older and more-experienced were. And, well, as much as becoming a were has inconvenienced her she has been even more of a pain back to Peter and everyone else with her lack of control over herself. Perhaps, maybe, for Peter's sake, she should take the nice gentleman's offer so she can be less of a load to her boyfriend and the rest of the people who are bending-over backwards really to protect her. After all, he's in Law Enforcement, and could not possibly have any wicked ulterior motive... :evil:

This.. can only end in tears.
Les
Huge tracts o'land

Return to Peter is the Wolf