[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 284 (1-9-2013)

Page 284 (1-9-2013)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 284 (1-9-2013)

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:10 am

Cue the chase scene.

BTW, last weekend was TERRIBLE for WLP, so I've resorted to outright begging again. A reminder:

http://wlp.livejournal.com/124715.html

I'd also recommend some PitW donations (link on the main PitW pages), since those are split 50-50, if you'd like to help both BAR-1 and myself out rather than just me.

Once we have the cover art for both versions of PitW Book 2, we'll go ahead with either a Kickstarter or an IndieGoGo (the latter looks more likely just now) to support the PG-13 version of the book. We're lining up a few goodies to offer as benefits for that... but in the meantime January isn't looking happy.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 284 (1-9-2013)

Postby Happygun » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:57 am

First, kudos to Bar1. The new page looks EXCELLENT.
Plotwise, it'll be interesting to see Peter be chased by someone nearly as small and nimble as he is.
Financially, things are pretty tight for me. Saw a loss of ~600 USD in 2012 for Daemoneye Publishing (to be fair, it's a hobby business, so not as bad). I might be able to throw some income your way depending on how much I end up having to spend on a new laptop (which I desperately need and have been saving up for many months; my current one crashes on a daily basis).
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Les » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:13 am

Um...

What chase scene?

I've reloaded, reloaded, cleared cache, reloaded again and still see yesterday's comic on the front page.

Edit: Oh wait, there it is.. on the gen-aud page.. strange, the adult page isn't updating.
Last edited by Les on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:15 am

Try the general page - looks like it failed to load on the adult page again.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:40 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kaeto » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:43 pm

'See Peter run. Run Peter run." Or should that be "Exit stage left." ?
Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Ganthan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Lee isn't being very subtle, is he? Instead of immediately charging in with blades drawn at the first glimpse of a were, wouldn't he be better off just making a mental note of Peter's wolfiness and then stalking and quietly dispatching him at the opportune moment? This isn't even addressing his over the top 'Look At Me, I'm A Werewolf Hunter' style outfit that anybody could spot a hundred yards away. He must have no idea just how many weres there even are, nor aware that they communicate with/assist each other.

I guess monsters can't hide their true nature. Their desire for bloodshed makes them reckless and impulsive, their cold blooded righteousness makes them impervious to reason or rationality, and their stubborn pride makes them stick out like a sore thumb. Hopefully these things work out in the pack's favor to help eliminate him.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:25 pm

And when was the last time I was laid off again, guys?

County is making noise about wanting to get rid of the airport's valet parking again. Of course, this could just be posturing as we go in for contract talks, but it seems every few years I get me chain yanked for a few months. Or just new wild rumors.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby stormydragon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:09 pm

stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:09 am

Oh for god sakes guys - check out my Twitter. ("bar1scorpio" on twitter, naturally) I'm coming up with Anime-themed Sweat Mag article titles... and they're hilarious (okay, it's 2 am, I'm going to find everything hilarious.) Oh, and does anyone know how to make a video out of, say, a stack of my drawings, for youtube maybe?
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:30 pm

What sect/denomination does Lee's family belong to, if any? I'm really hoping they aren't Catholic because that would just be way too convenient.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:56 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ChaosMageX » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:19 pm

For some reason I keep hearing in my head the song Crisis in the North from the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OST every time I see this page and the previous one. 8)
ChaosMageX
Just getting started

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Got a link? 'Cause all I can hear now is "Djangooooo"
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby ChaosMageX » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:04 pm

ChaosMageX
Just getting started

Return to Peter is the Wolf