"What If?" Thread

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: "What If?" Thread

Postby Happygun » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:34 pm

Kris@WLP wrote:
Happygun wrote:Here's one for ya,

A lycanthrope moves into town and said lycanthrope is essentially a doppelganger of one of the main characters, only he or she is of the opposite sex/gender (with minor tweaks so they don't seem creepy/unrealistic in the context of their gender). e.g. a nice, mildly-ditzy, skinny white geek who was recently enthralled and transforms into a dimwitted werewolf Adonis, a short, shy, weak, slightly weird werewolf girl who also VERY buxom, etc. How do the main characters react upon meeting their double?

Well, for the most part it'd just be, "Hi." "Hi." "Hello." "Hi." etc. Jean might go after the male, but otherwise any detailed "what if" would require actually creating the new characters and the circumstances of their arrival, which I'm not going to do.

Uh, you already know the characters - by definition they are virtually the same apart from biological sex and gender - but fair enough.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:00 am

Happygun wrote:
Kris@WLP wrote:
Happygun wrote:Here's one for ya,

A lycanthrope moves into town and said lycanthrope is essentially a doppelganger of one of the main characters, only he or she is of the opposite sex/gender (with minor tweaks so they don't seem creepy/unrealistic in the context of their gender). e.g. a nice, mildly-ditzy, skinny white geek who was recently enthralled and transforms into a dimwitted werewolf Adonis, a short, shy, weak, slightly weird werewolf girl who also VERY buxom, etc. How do the main characters react upon meeting their double?

Well, for the most part it'd just be, "Hi." "Hi." "Hello." "Hi." etc. Jean might go after the male, but otherwise any detailed "what if" would require actually creating the new characters and the circumstances of their arrival, which I'm not going to do.

Uh, you already know the characters - by definition they are virtually the same apart from biological sex and gender - but fair enough.

Are you KIDDING? They'd be very different, as different as Finn & Jake are from Fionna & Cake! Okay, so they're also alt-gender-swapped universe from fanfics written by Ice King & Marcelline The Vampire Queen.

Speaking of which, the fanfic gender-swap is already written.

Sarah woofed out several times writing it. It's in several notebooks in her drawers.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:22 am

bar1scorpio wrote:Are you KIDDING? They'd be very different, as different as Finn & Jake are from Fionna & Cake! Okay, so they're also alt-gender-swapped universe from fanfics written by Ice King & Marcelline The Vampire Queen.

Sarah woofed out several times writing it. It's in several notebooks in her drawers.

True, but the overall personalities are there and figuring out the differences in the context of their swapped sex/gender shouldn't be that difficult and/or a little bit fun. If all answers to the "what if" questions must require little or no thought/creativity/imagination to come up with please let us know now. :?
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:13 am

Happygun wrote:
bar1scorpio wrote:Are you KIDDING? They'd be very different, as different as Finn & Jake are from Fionna & Cake! Okay, so they're also alt-gender-swapped universe from fanfics written by Ice King & Marcelline The Vampire Queen.

True, but the overall personalities are there and figuring out the differences in the context of their swapped sex/gender shouldn't be that difficult and/or a little bit fun. If all answers to the "what if" questions must require little or no thought/creativity/imagination to come up with please let us know now. :?

No, not that. But I was trying to joke - That Sarah would have a notebook somewhere in the house involving her imaginary adventures of a girly-Peter. Though in her defense, the inspiration for "Petra" was Pete's own fault because that one time he was trying to bounce out of bed quickly and snatched up one one of her short-sleeved sundresses instead of a t-shirt. Poor boy looks like Felicity Jones playing Catherine Morland whenever he puts on a skirt.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:04 am

bar1scorpio wrote:Speaking of which, the fanfic gender-swap is already written.

Not all of it. The chapters featuring Peter and Serin getting together are hidden between the mattress and box-springs.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kaeto » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:28 am

Given what happens to the bed I'd say Sarah has a pile of confetti that used to be a story.
Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby OmniWrench8000 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:51 am

Kaeto wrote:Given what happens to the bed I'd say Sarah has a pile of confetti that used to be a story.

This made me :lol:

What if Peter and the entire pack were werefoxes (or any other type of therianthrope for that matter)?
OmniWrench8000
Feeling strange

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Happygun » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:53 pm

Eight words:

Non-canonical Milkmaid and Peter Is the Wolf crossover.

EDIT: Oops, can you move this to the 'What if?" thread? My mistake.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Happygun wrote:Eight words:

Eight words: not specific enough to justify the additional work.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:34 pm

Kris@WLP wrote:
Happygun wrote:Eight words:

Eight words: not specific enough to justify the additional work.

Fair enough. Beth Doorman transfers to the college or visits and looks into this "Park Monster" phenomenon. Sounds like something right up her, er, alley.
Happygun

Postby matteso585 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:17 pm

Hate to break this up to you people, but Milkmaid and Peter is the Wolf are not set in the same universe. But I do hope that there will be a crossover someday (read below)

Select Milkmaid characters could end up in the PitW world by accident, and have some comedic interactions with the PitW characters. For example, Jean finding the Milkmaid characters' lust really annoying. These girls will either got to the PitW world by failed spell attempt (Beth is half-witch since her mother is a witch), or one of Sweater Puppy's (her human form) genius inventions.

As for quotes (no ideas being given)

* Juniper's father: Now that sweater wearing werewolf is going down, along with the rest of you.
Beth (talking to reader): Some people just can't respect differences. (said father gets on panel and looks at her direction)
Juniper's father: Why do you girls keep doing that? Who are you talking to? There's no one there!

* Jean: Ugh, last time I checked, futanari's only think about sex.
Prixen: (comes out from the bottom panel) Actually, sex is not all we think about. We can also be selfless.
Jean: Who is she talking to?
matteso585
Button popping

Postby Happygun » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:32 pm

M'kay, this might require establishing a separate "hypothetical alternate universe" thread, but it kind of fits in here.

The main characters are agents working at an intelligence (hah!) service a la ISIS of Archer. What are their roles, specialties, history, etc.?
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:37 pm

Happygun wrote:M'kay, this might require establishing a separate "hypothetical alternate universe" thread, but it kind of fits in here.

The main characters are agents working at an intelligence (hah!) service a la ISIS of Archer. What are their roles, specialties, history, etc.?

Peter -wants- to be the file clerk. What he is, though, is a field agent, because his luck is like that. He's extremely good at running.

Jean is his backup, and definitely the more competent officer. She'd be playing Rule 63 Bond and enjoying every minute of it.

Sarah is the genetically engineered supersoldier that never quite works according to plan. I think you can guess the general trend there.

Butch is the enemy agent who, on occasion, shows hints that she might be someone Our Heroes can do business with.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Kris@WLP wrote:
Happygun wrote:M'kay, this might require establishing a separate "hypothetical alternate universe" thread, but it kind of fits in here.

Peter -wants- to be the file clerk. What he is, though, is a field agent, because his luck is like that. He's extremely good at running.

Jean is his backup, and definitely the more competent officer. She'd be playing Rule 63 Bond and enjoying every minute of it.

Sarah is the genetically engineered supersoldier that never quite works according to plan. I think you can guess the general trend there.

Butch is the enemy agent who, on occasion, shows hints that she might be someone Our Heroes can do business with.

So, Peter'd kind of be the Evil Parallel Universe Cyril? Sounds legit.
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:25 pm

Through an clerical error, Peter Stubbe is mailed a Letter of Marque and Reprisal.

(Hermes Voice) And it's mandatory! (/Hermes Voice)
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:35 pm

So, Peter is forced to become a privateer?

...How drunk were you when you posted this?
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:14 pm

bar1scorpio wrote:Through an clerical error, Peter Stubbe is mailed a Letter of Marque and Reprisal.

(Hermes Voice) And it's mandatory! (/Hermes Voice)

It's worth noting that the US signed international treaties outlawing letters of marque before the Civil War.

That said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuGGNsE3_8Y
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby satorui » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:23 am

So once again, Jean has gotten drunk and stolen the tardis from Dr. Who (seriously, you'd think that he would stop visiting PitW universe after the last two times I had Jean steal the tardis in these threads.) This time however, she brought Butch along because butch wanted to meet those hound of god werewolves that her mom was descended from.

The good news is that Butch inadvertently helped her ancestors convert all the pagan werewolves to Christianity, which resulted in the church never turning against weres, so they exist openly.

The bad news is that the church used the weres to crush the protestant reformation, thus meaning that the enlightenment never happened. So monarchy is still the name of the political game and science has been held back.

So they return to the present to find that The kingdom of America has become a medieval dream.I encourage Kris, as a gurps fan, to imagine this timeline as being similar to the banestorm universe, in that the tech level isn't purely medieval, they have germ theory and moveable type printing presses for example. but some technology, like gun powder is being suppressed by nobles and the church.

how do the gang fit into this strange new world

do they try to go back and undo Butch's actions?
satorui
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:38 am

satorui wrote:So once again, Jean has gotten drunk and stolen the tardis from Dr. Who (seriously, you'd think that he would stop visiting PitW universe after the last two times I had Jean steal the tardis in these threads.) This time however, she brought Butch along because butch wanted to meet those hound of god werewolves that her mom was descended from.
So they return to the present to find that The kingdom of America has become a medieval dream.I encourage Kris, as a gurps fan, to imagine this timeline as being similar to the banestorm universe, in that the tech level isn't purely medieval, they have germ theory and moveable type printing presses for example. but some technology, like gun powder is being suppressed by nobles and the church.

Two things badly wrong with your premise from the word go.

First, gunpowder and moveable type both predate the Reformation. (Gunpowder arriving in Europe c. 1300, Gutenberg beginning work on his press c. 1436; Martin Luther's career beginning c. 1540.) Preventing the Reformation won't affect either. (And the idea of nobles suppressing gunpowder, when most nobles lived for the sole purpose of waging war against one another, is... quaint.)

Second, germ theory is young, as is most of modern medicine (first proposed c. 1840, not widely accepted until 1870s or later). If you handwave away the Enlightenment, and with it the modern scientific method, germ theory is a goner too.

This is ignoring the fact that the particular werewolves mentioned are from the Baltic States, and thus simply too far from the centers of power in Europe to become a significant part of the Inquisition by the time of Martin Luther. No amount of butterflies is going to lead from Butch meeting her ancestors to a feudal dis-United States.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby satorui » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:12 am

Kris@WLP wrote:
This is ignoring the fact that the particular werewolves mentioned are from the Baltic States, and thus simply too far from the centers of power in Europe to become a significant part of the Inquisition by the time of Martin Luther. No amount of butterflies is going to lead from Butch meeting her ancestors to a feudal dis-United States.

I get what you're saying. I was assuming that the hounds of god began much earlier than the records about them, thus giving them enough time to convert the pagan werewolves, had they been able to with butch's help.I had also assumed, based on my own research into them, that the hounds of god were found in some places outside the Baltic area, like Germany and Italy (they were related to the benandanti in Italy, right?), thus making them close enough to power to matter.

And yeah, I went back and looked at my old history textbooks, and you are totally right about gunpowder and movable type. I was just going for a cinematic medieval America over historical accuracy, my bad.
satorui
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:15 pm

satorui wrote:I had also assumed, based on my own research into them, that the hounds of god were found in some places outside the Baltic area, like Germany and Italy (they were related to the benandanti in Italy, right?), thus making them close enough to power to matter.

Different groups entirely. No relation. Bear in mind that until about two hundred years ago most people were born, lived and died without traveling more than ten miles from their place of birth. Those who did move around more were either nobility, soldiers, or refugees from war or religious persecution. In the case of the Estonian Hounds of God, none of these applied, except that they had to travel a bit more broadly for the sake of finding a spouse that wasn't part of their local family/pack.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:38 pm

What if Sarah, Jean, Becca and Peter are trapped, locked in a battle...

Of The BANDS!! ?
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:43 pm

bar1scorpio wrote:What if Sarah, Jean, Becca and Peter are trapped, locked in a battle...

Of The BANDS!! ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aMexypkD3E

Because I CAN ... :twisted:
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:56 pm

bar1scorpio wrote:What if Sarah, Jean, Becca and Peter are trapped, locked in a battle...

Of The BANDS!! ?

What.

(oh, you actually expect an answer? Fine. Disaster, since Peter's only musical talent is rhythm, and Butch doesn't even have that. They'd have a shorter career than the Top Gear Band.)
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby heykat » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:36 pm

If Peter ever moved away to a city or small town etc, without anyone with him (Sarah or Jean) would he go to howls make contact with other weres?
heykat
Feeling strange

PreviousNext

Return to Peter is the Wolf