[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - "What If?" Thread

"What If?" Thread

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: "What If?" Thread

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:49 am

Back to mid 1980s. What if instead of a college town, they all lived in since report town? What kind of resort would it be, and how would Sarah's condition affect tourism?
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:13 pm

Kris, what if you could go back in time and start Peter is the Wolf again from the beginning? Now that you've seen how the fans have reacted to the comic so far, what would you do differently? How would the story change?
ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:27 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:00 pm

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Blackjoker » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:00 pm

What if there was actually a cult that worshipped werewolves? Made up of people that were only distantly aware or understanding of the secret and worshipped the werewolves as a kind of avatar of natural power, claiming that if they were true in their faith they could perhaps one day transcend mortal weakness and gain the power of the lycanthrope.
One by one the penguins steal my sanity
Blackjoker
Button popping

Postby heykat » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:07 pm

What if Rebecca's dad had disappeared or killed but her mom was still alive and with her, what would the difference be?
heykat
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:28 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:55 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Happygun » Tue May 13, 2014 3:27 pm

Fine, if we're still going that route...

If the characters were fighters in a tournament fighting game, what would their Supers/Blockbusters/Specials be?
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby blackjackel » Wed May 14, 2014 12:02 am

It's been awhile since I've been here or posted so I'll take a crack at it. Okay Peter grows up with a twin brother who's has a complete opposite personality. NOT an evil peter but a more confident assertive peter. I had this idea bouncing around in my head for while and I always imaged his twin as badass. Anyway let's say this hypothetical brother grew up with peter and the rest of the cast. Or better just appeared from some world where peter was more confident. What would be everyone reaction if a peter different from the one they knew appeared out of nowhere. And how would life be different if one grew up with peter and jean.
blackjackel
Sweater stretching

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed May 14, 2014 11:14 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Wed May 14, 2014 11:53 pm

Last edited by Happygun on Wed May 14, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed May 14, 2014 11:57 pm

Okay, maybe addend BlackJackal's Idea...

what if instead of Childhood Friend, Jean had been Peter's twin sister? (Also a bit taller, making them similar height.)
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby heykat » Sat May 24, 2014 12:51 am

Butch gets one of two choices, she can leave the town with enough money to survive in New York for 2 years, or her mom comes back unharmed; which one would she choose? Any conflicts she would have and why? What would her reaction be after her wish is granted?
heykat
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat May 24, 2014 9:44 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sat May 24, 2014 11:45 am

This one is more or less directed at Happygun because of his knowledge of 3rd edition D & D.

So... yeah. If the main characters were level 20 adventurers in Faerûn, what would their character sheets look like?

I ask this because I'm going to take yet another stab (no pun intended) at Neverwinter Nights 2.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat May 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Depends. If he/she were, say, a fighter or rogue, his sheet would be completely filled out and he'd have around two addendum sheets listing his possessions/assists, followers, and henchmen. If he/she were a spellcaster, add another sheet or two to the list for spells. The sheets would probably be in pretty rough shape unless the stats had been regularly transcribed to fresh ones. I'd be hesitant to assign classes to any of the characters, though it should be noted there is a difference between "natural' lycanthropes and "infected" lycanthropes and that most varieties are inherently evil (including werewolves). Yes, I know this isn't exactly what you asked for, but I'm not going to list out approximations of every character's statistics for reasons hinted at above.

Running high level campaigns in D&D - particularly 3rd edition especially - is a major hassle. Almost by necessity the game must shift to an emphasis on roleplaying and problem solving rather than combat; at that level, any worthy battle will last the entire session. It's even worse in Faerûn given the power creep inherent in the setting. Furthermore, running a campaign true to the lore is nearly impossible given its level of detail (not even counting the novels). That's part of the reason why its popularity has dwindled.
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat May 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Okay, this one is actually for you guys, Kris, if he wants to-

The Muzzle Group are all playing Cards Against Humanity.

Jean laughed so hard she almost piddled herself.

WHO played WHAT to win her card reading: "For my Next Trick, I will pull _______ out of ________"
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Sun May 25, 2014 11:33 pm

Cards Against Humanity? Can't say I've heard of that before, so I looked up the rules on Wikipedia and found several question and answer examples on the main website. I don't think any black cards have two blank spaces, otherwise you'd need two white cards instead of one.

But to go along with it I'll just make a couple of answers up. 'A guy with blue balls', and 'The Tardis'.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon May 26, 2014 12:41 am

Really Ganth? Okay, here's the site,
There's a you can download to see all the cards in the basic box.

And several black cards have two blank spaces. There's even one for three white cards: "Make a Haiku".
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Mon May 26, 2014 8:29 am

Back in my teenage years I was into plain old Five Card Draw Poker, which was probably inspired by the movie "Maverick". Then the rest of my family got into some other lame looking game called Phase 10. I never bothered playing that and lost interest in card games for a while.

I do own a Munchkin starter set but haven't had the chance to actually play it with anyone yet. I'll be sure to bring it to the meetup, if there are any concrete plans made for that yet. I have vacation time now.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Here's one for ya,

A lycanthrope moves into town and said lycanthrope is essentially a doppelganger of one of the main characters, only he or she is of the opposite sex/gender (with minor tweaks so they don't seem creepy/unrealistic in the context of their gender). e.g. a nice, mildly-ditzy, skinny white geek who was recently enthralled and transforms into a dimwitted werewolf Adonis, a short, shy, weak, slightly weird werewolf girl who also VERY buxom, etc. How do the main characters react upon meeting their double?
Happygun

Postby howlbigbadwolf » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:58 pm

I got one...what if Peter was "A black guy" lol big penis jokes lose all meaning and would just be accepted as "meh" lolXD
Money Doesn't buy Happiness, Its just a Great Side Effect.
howlbigbadwolf
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:34 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

PreviousNext

Return to Peter is the Wolf