[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 294 (4-17-2013)

Page 294 (4-17-2013)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 294 (4-17-2013)

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:55 pm

To be clear on the subject, a werewolf would pretty much have to sneeze into a gaping wound just before a bandage was applied for sneezing to transmit lycanthropy. Sneezing on a scratch, scrape or papercut would be in billions-to-one against territory. Lycanthropy, however it's transmitted, is NOT airborne and does NOT survive for any length of time in any vector exposed to air.

So no, Juniper will have to try again...
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 294 (4-17-2013)

Postby ShadowMage » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:05 pm

Whenever I see bar-1, all I can think is... how the f**k is it even possible to abuse Sierra Mist? I mean, maybe with AMP or Red Bull, but... what was I talking about?

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' never tried slamming a revolving door.
ShadowMage
Button popping

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:28 pm

It was orginally just "Call me?" But hey, if one word helps add a memetic rhyme to the word "crazy" that sums it up nicely.

I'll gige that song this, too. It uses "crazy" without a rhyme of "hazy" or "lazy", which I hate.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kaeto » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:30 pm

At least Butch is learning that actions do have consequences.

And for the adult page all I can say is
Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:17 am

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Toast » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:58 am

I doubt it. Shorty still has two more goes.
Toast
Bodice ripping

Postby Happygun » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Quick question:

Why was Jean carrying a grappling hook?
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Ganthan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 pm

I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:07 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:55 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:00 pm

As should be obvious, no new page this week. Anime Detour, and it's accompanying drive, *really* took it out of me. I did... absolutly nothing except a bit of party wandering Saturday night. Okay, dinner Friday at FuddRuckers, and Saturday at SmashBurger (FRIEZOMG!). Literally no events, panels, workshops, nothing. Just me in the Daeler's Room, me eating, or me sleeping. Okay, one free game of Battletech.

And a LOT of watching the Robotech: RPG Tactics Kickstarter slowly tick up.

But so much of the weekend, from Thursday noontime to Monday evening was driving & other work. I ougghta make Morgan buy me a Chauffer's cap.

But we sold a bunch of leather masks of Morgan's, some of Aly's EL-wire goodies, and a few books for Palladium. I drove both ways, and on the way up, we listened to E.E. Knight's Vampire Earth: March In Country and on the way back, Ernest Cline's Ready Player One as read by Wil Wheaton.

So I got one page to wrap this week for next week, last page of that chapter, and then back to work on... nine.. million... other... things.

And I don't have any conventions confirmed-confirmed yet, for the rest of the year. My Anthrocon check hasn't been cashed yet, and I haven't bought my plane ticket fro A-Kon yet. Need to save up some scratch first. *Sigh* And gthe weeks disappear between the paychecks. But I got like, 9-10 hours sleep today, going to bed early & all. Really recharged my batteries, as I'd been running on fumes since Monday morning, going to sleep at 8am and not being able to get back to sleep. After waking up at noon. So me & Morgan then ran errands to my storage bin, Palladium books, and the RustBelt Market.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:14 pm

You make me sad. Come, Patsy!
Happygun

Postby Kaeto » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:33 pm

"None Shall Pass."
Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:55 pm

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:38 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Yes, but Monty Python is extensively referenced in Ready Player One. As is a TON of other geek culture. The hero's login pass phrase begins with, "Greetings Starfighter..." He goes through a Virtual Reality re-creation of the original Tomb of Horrors module. He Has "The Glow"!
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:21 pm

I know of Ready Player One through a review in Knights of the Dinner Table Magazine, but these days I avoid media which prominently feature a) apocalypse/post-apocalypse settings, zombie or otherwise or b) dystopias.

Why?

Because they have been done to death!!!

I don't care if it's a clever story and/or features good writing or cool special effects or whatever. If you have to create tension and reader/audience empathy by pulling out the old "the whole planet is dying/destroyed... Hey! I live on a planet!" chestnut, you've already failed.
Happygun

Return to Peter is the Wolf