[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 301 (6-19-2013)

Page 301 (6-19-2013)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 301 (6-19-2013)

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:34 pm

Here you are- looks like Gus just can't make a scheme work for him.

This is not necessarily a good thing...
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 301 (6-19-2013)

Postby Kaeto » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Well Gus now knows his status with everyone is in the dumpster.
Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Henpecked » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:00 pm

While it's probably buried in spoilers, I can't think of a reason why Gus would want to use Aminal Control to capture his fellow weres, except maybe for Jack in order to try and create a power vacuum that he could fill. But clearly they're more interested in catching a thrall than an alpha, and I don't see how that really benefits him.

I also imagine that we're going to see a major run-in at some point between Gus, Fortitude, and Aminal Control all going after the same target for different reasons... and naturally getting into each other's way the whole time.
Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Forebode'd!

Also, if the evil shadowy organization turns out to be or funded by a pharmaceutical company, there will be dire consequences.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:41 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Blackjoker » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Hmmm, possible alternative theory, maybe Gus's wife was taken by control and Gus simply bartered his way out by offering to serve as an agent for them? I am curious why he wants Peter removed so badly, is it just to make it easier for him to manipulate Sarah or is it more something like also a feeling of possessive creepy jealousy about his daughters interest in Peter.
One by one the penguins steal my sanity
Blackjoker
Button popping

Postby Henpecked » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby stormydragon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:21 pm

stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby Blackjoker » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:12 am

Another reason to not grab Jack is that they can't be sure that it wouldn't rally the weres. Right now, they're an urban legend or a joke. If suddenly the alpha of a pack vanishes that's a major escalation. Even assuming they get him with few to no problems, suddenly the weres know and might consider it an act of war, and they alert other groups. If this is being done by a government or some kind of similar group they would probably avoid a step like that because potential doomsday scenarios from it would make them rather hesitant to do anything that could cause a major blowback.
One by one the penguins steal my sanity
Blackjoker
Button popping

Postby satorui » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:44 pm

I know Kris already talked about the Nazi werewolf soldier program BUT considering how many ex-nazis wound up in the CIA or otherwise got away, It could be ODESSA. Then again if THEY took Butch's mom then THEY could be the Malandanti, which were the enemies of the Hounds of God. World of Darkness already has an evil biotech company that harvests weres for parts so I doubt Kris would copy that., plus given how infectious weres are, I doubt any bio-tech group would take that risk of massive lawsuits, In the end their insistence on an unusually powerful werewolf indicates some sort of military or private security group (again maybe ODESSA or even just some wealthy Neo Nazis with pretensions.) Of course it could be my hypothetical Billionaire with a fur fetish.

But who's to say that the group the dogcatchers work for isn't run by a pack of werewolves with their own agenda? an unusually powerful werewolf would probably interest them too.
satorui
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:25 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:05 pm

And I've never, actually played WoD and don't know how familiar Kris is with anything not Steve Jackson, other than the Palladium stuff I'm always dragging with me to conventions now in hopes of selling
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:27 am

Very interesting. If Nancy Vulthar was taken by Aminal Control then she may still be alive and Gus may simply be trying to get her back. This doesn't redeem him in any way as he's still a complete douchebag, but at least now we have a different and potentially greater villain.

Think about it. They're using Gus precisely BECAUSE he has such a bad reputation. He knows nobody would believe him if he told the truth, which is why he's so desperate to find some way to muscle himself into pack leadership.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Renadt » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:55 am

@Ganthan- I think Gus was the one who killed Nancy Vulthar. If he truly did love her, then why rape his daughter? Why force her into what she might have become? I just think that he was out to save his own neck, and selling out your pack seems to be a good way to do so.
Renadt
Just getting started

Return to Peter is the Wolf