[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 317 (11-20-2013)

Page 317 (11-20-2013)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 317 (11-20-2013)

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Panels missing on the adult side because Ben's been doing a lot of drawing at Palladium Books... and their power went out yesterday.

He'll get that finished RIGHT FAST FOR THE VERY GENEROUS PEOPLE, I trust.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 317 (11-20-2013)

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:40 am

IndieGoGo hit 100 backers, including another Captain's Table and Money Walks cameo! Almost at $7000 now. Thanks to everyone who's contributed so far! Kris, planning on a final day "last 24 hours" update?

Only have 5 minutes till I have to leave for work, and that's not enough time to talk about all the nice touches in the new pages. Even unfinished, I think this was a great update. I'll try to point out all the things done very well, like the sound effects, if I get a chance this evening.
ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:05 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Aaannd so begins another chase scene.

*plays Kabelevsky's Gallop*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw0oQ4sD4us
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Comic Comments:

Ben, you are the king of sound effects. And I mean that in two ways, the sound effects you use and how you present them. The ones you chose here fit the tone of the page well - "BREAKITY SMASHITY SOUNDS" is great. Of course the stylized presentation is fantastic, the "CRUNCH" with skulls is probably the best example. It would be great to see stuff like that more often.

Kris, I like how this arc has gone so far. The scenes with Sarah and Butch were good at showing their personalities, and didn't get dark and depressing like it could have. I also like the general and adult pages focuses on different characters. It's similar to some of the secondary stories in comic books or the cover arcs of One Piece. That's a good way to use a large cast.

Other good touches on the general page: Becky's expression in the last panel is great. I also like Sarah leaving a big footprint on her back. Also the dialog between her and Carla has been nicely done too. You can really see how Carla's influence can change Butch for the better.

On the adult side, really like how intense things were getting at the end there. Jean's expressions were fantastic. Maybe Butch isn't the only one who's going to have trouble walking, eh? Also, the middle panel does a good job of showing off just how big Sarah is, which is always good.

Will be interesting to see if those cuts to bystanders listening outside the dressing room just happened in Jean's head or not.
ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:26 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Yeah. The SFX is in script. My task is to find just the right font. Fonts that I'm constantly looking for. As for the Palladium bit, I'm not going drawing for them right now, but using their studio space to get stuff done.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Been a crazy week so far for me. For the last month and a half or so I've been making a daily run to Lafayette, IN. Then a tornado comes along and demolishes a quarter of their building, which means this week I only went on Tuesday to pick up a shipment they managed to salvage. Since then I've been running other random stuff every day, including covering for a guy whose back went out. This is really the first time I've not been either working or sleeping. In fact, tomorrow I'm gonna cover someone's else's run to Grand Haven, MI so that's gonna be another long day.

Bah, enough rambling. Time for comics...

General: I like the use of the huge paw print on Butch's back. In this case, going overly cartoony with it is actually a good idea to convey exactly what just happened. Considering that Sarah has been figuratively stepping all over Butch all this time anyway, it's funny to finally see it happen literally. I don't know how much Wuff Sarah weighs but that looks like it HURT.

Lee again already, huh? You're really moving right along with him fast aren't you? I promise to try my best not to sling as much venom towards him as I can this time.

I'm having some trouble with the bottom row of panels. I don't understand Carla's line of "I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the car." I also don't get why Lee's just looking around all lost and confused. An 11 and a half foot werewolf just came crashing out of the shop crying loudly, so how did he manage to miss her?

Adult: Yep, I pretty much called this. Jean's fantasy gets rudely interrupted by reality. She must have been REALLY into it if it took all THIS noise to break her out of it. It's too bad the sequence had to come to an end but overall it was still a very good one, probably the best one yet. Went on good and long, plenty of buildup, lots of crazy sexy action and plenty of comedy to boot. Looks like I'll have to throw some more money at you pretty soon.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:41 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:26 pm

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Henpecked » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:32 pm

Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:30 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:40 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:59 pm

Now, on a much more pleasant note...

$7,005?! The f*** you say? I can't believe how fast this thing is flying up now.

I'm also noticing quite a few new forum members all of a sudden, 512 according to the counter at the bottom. Kris, how many pageviews does PITW get per month?
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:08 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:22 pm

Good news: finished emailing all supporters for the IGG drive today. Caught up.

Bad news: in addition to the spammer invasion of the boards I've just beaten back, some spammers are spoofing my business email address. I'm getting all the bounce messages. Looks like my email addy is about to get spamblocked by a lot of ISPs.... again. Wonder how many of the funders will miss my messages because of that?
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:53 am

Someone asked if I'd give a final update.

This is it. Twenty-six hours to go as I type this; when Sunday ends, so does the project.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:27 am

It's over. Final count: $7,882

Wow, that still earned more than I thought it would. Didn't quite make it to $8,000, although nobody bought the Boarding Pass anyway. I'll bet people would have bought them if they were assured of getting the coin.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:05 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:31 pm

Here's a breakdown of what perks brought in how much money, from most to least.

WERE CAMEO - $2400 (the five listed, plus a sixth granted to an early pledger who selected the wrong cameo)

AUTOGRAPHED & SKETCHED BOOK 2 HARDCOPY & PDF - $1,175

WRITE A PAGE OF THE COMIC - $800

T-SHIRT - $770

BOOK TWO PLAIN W/PDF - $650

BOOKS 1 and 2 PDFs ONLY - $474

HUMAN CAMEO - $400

BOOK ONE W/PDF - $405

MUNNY - $400

BACKGROUND EXTRA - $200

BOOK 2 PDF ONLY - $50

TO COVER INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE - $44

COIN (to be converted to custom badge) - $17

NOTHING AT ALL BUT NAME IN BOOK - $2
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Do you have a generic PitW skyscraper img/jpg/gif to replace the Indigogo campaign one? I need it for my website until I find another advertiser.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:35 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:05 pm

Done. Thanks!
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:11 am

And sorry guys, I don't have anything tonight pages never got past the sketch, I've been so busy at home the last couple days. And I ended up dedicating my home time to working on book two as well. I'm up to page 141 right now.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Return to Peter is the Wolf