[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 324 (2-12-2014)

Page 324 (2-12-2014)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 324 (2-12-2014)

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:41 pm

I wasn't happy with how the last few "it's not all ready yet" updates worked out, so although the gen-aud page was available last week, I held it until the adult page was ready to go with it.

Thinking about moving update day to Thursday (especially since it's trying to get there on its own). BAR-1's days off have shifted, and Thursday would give him more time to get the pages done.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 324 (2-12-2014)

Postby Happygun » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:50 pm

...OK, as hilarious as this is, where did Peter learn to fence? Or is Lee actually not much of a swordsman (it's not as though many of his opponents are going to be wielding swords!) so they're just improvising?
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:56 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:02 pm

Happygun

Postby JnEricsonx » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:17 pm

I find that Thibault cancels out Capo Ferro, don't you? Oh hell yes.
JnEricsonx
Sweater stretching

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:12 pm

And JN Get's this week's MARVEL© NO PRIZE! ^_^

Likewise, neither of them is left-handed.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby stormydragon » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:17 pm

I'd like to note that all of the fencing terms in Princess Bride are actual fencing terms, and part of the humor in the movie is that Inigo and Wesley's conversation actually makes sense for the situation if you know what they mean.

Having them shouted at random by someone who apparently doesn't fully understand the joke they're ripping off isn't really that funny.
stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:22 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby stormydragon » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:42 pm

Bonetti's Defense is a reference to Rocco Bonetti, who set up a fencing school in London in 1576. He was generally known as a braggard who wouldn't actually fight anyone good at fencing and made a name off beating weak opponents. If you look at the beginning of the PB sword fight, Inigo keeps approaching Wesley and he keeps backing away. By saying "You are using Bonetti’s Defense against me, ah?", Inigo is mocking Wesley, accusing him of running away from the fight. Wesley responds "I thought it fitting considering the rocky terrain" because it is easy to avoid Inigo given all the big rock columns in the area.

Inigio then says "Naturally, you must suspect me to attack with Capo Ferro?", referring to Italian swordmaster Ridolfo Capo Ferro, who's style was built around aggressive linear lunges. Inigo is basically pointing out that eventually he's going to get Wesley in a place where he can just lunge at him so that trying to avoid the fight is pointless.

Wesley responds "but I find that Thibault cancels out Capo Ferro", referring to Dutch swordmaster Gérard Thibault d’Anvers, who taught a system that focused on using terrain for the advantage. Right after saying this, Wesley jumps down off the ledge they're on to a place Inigo can't really reach him.

Inigo then responds with "Unless the enemy has studied his Agrippa… which I have", referring to Italian swordmaster Camillo Agrippa, who taught a short sword style based on getting in really close to your opponent where their longer sword would be a liability. And at that point flips down really close to Wesley, finally forcing him to engage seriously for the first time in the fight.
stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:35 pm

And here, nobody's shouting them. They're onomatopoeia. That said, I was tempted to do the Daffy, but realized that that might have been overused by this point in sword fights.

And I couldn't have them both with a sword,

And in Peter's defense, the last name is Stubbe. He's German by descent. So...
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:08 am

...Surprised no one has made a "swordfight" joke yet.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:31 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby BarashinMokushi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:32 am

I know you guys are very busy, but I just want to ask a simple yes or no question:
will the adult pages 320 and 322 ever be finished?
BarashinMokushi
Just getting started

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:00 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:55 pm

General

I'm surprised to see Peter finally making a stand against Lee, such as it is. Princess Bride references FTW!

I don't know much about fencing, but I think that Peter could keep the upper hand in this situation IF he focuses entirely on defense. Peter doesn't have combat training but he does have superior reflexes, a lighter and faster weapon and lycanthropic regeneration. Lee does have combat training and the superior offensive weapon, but that sword is too big and heavy to be wielded like a rapier, epee or foil, plus he doesn't have regeneration like Peter. As long as that cane is durable enough (which it may be, considering how much whacking Mrs. Forrest was doing with it) Lee is going to wear himself out before Peter.

On the other hand, if Peter tries to attack Lee with the cane, Lee could just let himself take the hits in order to make attacks against Peter with his sword.

Adult

Yeah, I had a feeling that Sarah wasn't going to be subdued very long. Roar, baby roar. :shock:

"Where's Colin with the heavy sedative?" You mean the double dose of elephant tranq wasn't the "heavy" stuff?

Now I really really want to see Sarah wearing a fishnet outfit like Jean. In both forms.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:35 pm

I laughed at the fencing terms as sound effects. Really surprising to hear people on the forums know so much about fencing though. Happygun, you're an actual fencer? I was going to take a fencing class in college but didn't because I'm a computer geek.

Sarah bursting out of the net was well done - nice details on the net stretching Ben! Wolf Sarah has always been more silly than ferocious though, luckily for the agents. I'm glad that this wasn't leading into a "Rescue Sarah" arc.

If Thursday updates are better for Ben's schedule I think that's a good way to go. I hope you have time to breathe every now and then Ben!

Also good luck to everybody dealing with this winter weather!
ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Toast » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:58 am

"Rescue Sarah" is very exciting and suspenseful and has great humor potential.

But poor sexy potential.

At times like these, we have to remember where we are.
Toast
Bodice ripping

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:07 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:13 pm

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:07 am

Sarah: "BEHOLD THE POWER OF MAH BOOBS!"
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:48 pm

So, no update this week then?
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:30 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:10 am

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Ganthan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:15 am

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:42 pm

New pages will post between 8 PM and 9 PM Central tonight. That's going to be the new regular update time from now on. I'll be changing the site to read "Updates Thursdays".
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf