[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The Emperor's Foxy Lady Pg. 1 (5-15-2014)

The Emperor's Foxy Lady Pg. 1 (5-15-2014)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

The Emperor's Foxy Lady Pg. 1 (5-15-2014)

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed May 14, 2014 11:08 pm

It's time for Book 3's backup story! And we're getting away from Europe for this one!
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: The Emperor's Foxy Lady Pg. 1 (5-15-2014)

Postby Ganthan » Thu May 15, 2014 6:01 am

No offense to your writing skills Kris, but all I'm getting from this is rich, poor, nobility, blah blah blah. I'm really terrible at politics and court intrique.

Oh look, Sarah's doing up Debbie's hair. How cute! Shame it isn't one of the Poodle Twins doing it, though. That would have been awesome.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu May 15, 2014 7:25 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Thu May 15, 2014 11:05 am

I see someone was assigned to read The World of the Shining Prince and/or The Tale of the Genji for world history.

Quite amusing that the nobles thought that being assigned a position that was even a couple of miles outside the capital was akin to being banished to Antarctica; to one of the provinces, Mars. They were the very definition of ineffectual, pansy noble fops. Hard to believe the same culture would later give us the likes of Nobunaga Oda and Miyamoto Mushashi.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Ganthan » Thu May 15, 2014 11:49 am

I'm predicting that the moment a woman shows up who isn't a perfectly sweet and unassuming angel Sarah's going to go on yet another face palming tirade of "Sexism! Sexism! Sexism!"

In fact, I just now realized that that's probably the reason she's even there instead of, y'know, an actual hair stylist.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Aticston » Thu May 15, 2014 5:12 pm

I take it Bar1 is indisposed?

Cause this story feels like a massive derailment from the current plot if it isn't, and if this indeed something else to fill the empty updates while Bar1 is working on something else, maybe we could have a disclaimer on the front page of the comic "This is the back story that will be in book 3 as Bar1 is currently indisposed with other projects. We'll get back to the wolfy goodness current story once its over and Bar1 returns"
Aticston
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu May 15, 2014 5:16 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Aticston » Thu May 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Well, you should still inform the reader that this is a side/backstory to the main plot so the reader doesn't get confused
Aticston
Button popping

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu May 15, 2014 5:55 pm

I'm still drawing this, but trying to vary up art styles. (Eh, an excuse to haul out my book "Images From The Floating World." since Kris suggested an Ukiyo-e art style). But so many of these interstitial chapters are designed to both world build and foreshadow.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Fri May 16, 2014 4:04 pm

Considering the number of historical arcs PitW has had, it seems like history/fictional history is something you're really interested in Kris! You've mentioned wanted to work on other non-adult ideas you've had; have you considered spinning these kind of ideas off into their own projects? I think that they might attract an audience that way - I'm not sure there's a big intersection with the PitW audience.
ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Fri May 16, 2014 5:00 pm

Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri May 16, 2014 5:11 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Fri May 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Happygun

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:56 pm

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri May 16, 2014 11:56 pm

That said, I'm the one who actually majored in History for year before switching to Art. I think me & Kris can both count ourselves as early History Channel addicts (before it became the new version of the "Remember when Mtv played Music videos?" joke.)
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Return to Peter is the Wolf