[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 363 (12/10/2015)

Page 363 (12/10/2015)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 363 (12/10/2015)

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:55 am

This one may be due a redraw when comes time for the book version; Juniper's supposed to be grim-faced in that last panel.

Also, it's not apparent, but she hit Mabel with a throwing knife to the throat at the same time Lee pulled the trigger.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 363 (12/10/2015)

Postby Kaeto » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:27 pm

Death is never pretty. No matter the way it's done.
Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:36 pm

Nice use of negative imagery there, Ben. Though I don't think the word 'nice' is particularly appropriate here.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Norithics » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:05 am

I'm a work-a-day artist for hire. I've done many commissions for people. I know how it is when you work on a schedule- you make mistakes here and there. I've seen PitW feature many of these, and it's a fun little game I play to see the bits and pieces where corners had to be cut to make the deadline. But it never matters, because the artist and the writer work together to shore up each other's weaknesses.

This time, the artist had to all but fly solo to tell the story on this page, and all I see is pure work. Each panel was crafted with so much care, each character pushing so much emotion out of their appearance, the pen-and-ink style coming to its full potential in a single page. There's not a single shot in this I don't like. I'm gonna keep this one on my iPad just so I can look at it some more when I'm done.

Don't get me wrong, there've been plenty of times when I really really dug the writing, but this time I feel like I got to see what the art could really do when forced to stand largely on its own, thanks to all the narrative buildup to this point.

Great work you two. :)

Edit: Also, I say Jun's expression in the last panel is great. It's that kind of gaunt-faced horror when you feel all the goodness and life sucked out of you in one awful, twisted moment. I dig it. <3
Norithics
Just getting started

Postby Mondoblasto » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:09 pm

Mondoblasto
Just getting started

Postby Rocket T. Coyote » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:36 pm

A well-rendered installment. The old wolfess went down defiant with the pack present, not an easy thing to carry out for anyone concerned.
The coyote with his very own space program.
Rocket T. Coyote
Sweater stretching

Return to Peter is the Wolf