[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 386 (Book 4 Pg. 8) 4-27-2017

Page 386 (Book 4 Pg. 8) 4-27-2017

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 386 (Book 4 Pg. 8) 4-27-2017

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 pm

The page hit my email about one hour after I hit the road for JAMPCon. Unfortunately I wasn't able to upload it on the road.

But here it is.

Two titans, four tetons, no waiting.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 386 (Book 4 Pg. 8) 4-27-2017

Postby CmdrPowers » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:52 pm

I love it, Kris! You and your new artist are doing excellent work.

Now keep it up. 8)
"The best diplomat I know is a fully-charged phaser bank!" (Lt. Cmdr Montgomery Scott)
CmdrPowers
Sweater stretching

Postby Okichobi » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:05 am

So now there are two giants because...?

Look I'm trying really hard to give the comic a chance but its just kicking me where it hurts.
Okichobi
Just getting started

Postby ShadowMage » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:03 am

Okay, on the one hand, I was STARTING to warm up to Noah's mom when she began calming Sarah down. But then on the other hand, I saw that last panel and the red flags are going up again, because I really don't see how it's any business of hers how Sarah was enthralled. Unless, of course, she's pissed because her son was going on and on about Sarah while pointedly omitting the fact that SHE'S ALREADY PETER'S GIRL, in which case I say more power to her. Here's hoping she drills a lesson into her son's thick skull about respecting existing romantic relationships and not making moves on another guy's girlfriend.
Whenever I see bar-1, all I can think is... how the f**k is it even possible to abuse Sierra Mist? I mean, maybe with AMP or Red Bull, but... what was I talking about?

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' never tried slamming a revolving door.
ShadowMage
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:29 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Podoboo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:17 am

Okichobi: I don't know how much of previous chapters you remember, but it's already been established that while Sarah is pretty damn big for a wolf, she's NOT the only were that big. Noah, the werelion, is just as big as her, so it makes sense his relatives (the werelioness "giant" is his mom) would be of similar size. There's also Mr. Halbjornsen, a werebear, who I believe is a teacher of some sort and easily bigger than Sarah or Noah - in Book 2, he's shown to be able to manhandle Noah when he's being a nuisance.

ShadowMage: I think you're underestimating the significance of Sarah being a thrall rather than just a normal were. If you'll remember, in Book 1 they were considering killing both Sarah and Peter over the incident because someone being a thrall is not only a danger to every were around them (remember Sarah's first night as a wolf, Peter talks about how weres are taught from birth not to even play at using tooth or claw and thralls aren't) but also a danger to all of were kind (think of all the damage control Nero has had to do to cover up who/what 'Parkie' really is). This is no trivial matter like "why does this girl have so many tattoos" or "who let her get a nose piercing" it's about the safety of everyone in that class, her son included. While I'm sure she's got a few things to say to Noah and then some, the fact that there's effectively a toddler armed with an AK in the classroom is probably something she should be concerned about and asking "who gave this child a gun" seems entirely reasonable.
Podoboo
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:39 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ShadowMage » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Whenever I see bar-1, all I can think is... how the f**k is it even possible to abuse Sierra Mist? I mean, maybe with AMP or Red Bull, but... what was I talking about?

ShadowMage
Button popping

Postby Podoboo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Kris: I actually called him "mister" because that's how he was introduced in the comic by the 'instructor' of the were class. So I just kinda assumed.

ShadowMage: Yes, you know that Sarah isn't as dangerous as she was previously. I know this, our main characters know this. But this is the first time that these werelionesses are hearing that she's a thrall at all. It has nothing to do with how dangerous Sarah actually is, but how dangerous thralls in general are. We've seen that, if you'll excuse the continued metaphor, this toddler is shown how dangerous guns are and they can't play with it and such. We know that, unless really provoked, this toddler isn't going to use the gun they were handed on anyone. But if you walked into a room and found out a toddler had a gun, would your first assumption be "Oh, this person is probably fine, I'm sure everyone involved knows what they're doing"?

From Noah's perspective, Sarah wasn't introduced to him as a thrall initially, he just ran into her which is when he called his mom and told her about the then-unknown girl. He still has the hots for her, and he's got a pretty big ego/sense of self importance. So he's probably got that "just because there's a goalie doesn't mean you can't score" mentality, thinking that since he's a beefcake Sarah will prefer him to Peter without actually paying attention to their relationship. And between the fact that he knows she's not a dangerous thrall, and that he told his mom about her before finding out she was a thrall, he didn't want to be like "Oh yeah, and apparently she's only been a were for two months" and end up with egg on his face. So he probably thinks that her being a thrall, and her being with Peter, are both unimportant in his pursuit of her, but he also knows enough that his mom/aunt would probably be more prohibitive of him going for her if they knew she was a thrall. In his head, my guess is that he was going to win Sarah over, she'd be his, he could show her off to them, she'd be behaving because she digs Noah, and then he'd be like "Oh yeah, she's a thrall but don't worry I've got all this shit under control."
Podoboo
Feeling strange

Postby matteso585 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:42 pm

What are Dena's clothes made of?
matteso585
Bodice ripping

Postby ShadowMage » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:13 pm

ShadowMage
Button popping

Postby Podoboo » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:32 pm

Again, you're looking at things from an external, relatively objective point of view. It's easy for us to say "Oh, they weren't told because there was no need to tell people, she's not a threat." But that's not going to be the immediate conclusion that others are going to jump to as to why they weren't told.

Others from outside the community can see Sarah as a threat or assume she would be one, without it being the case that the community sees her as one, or her actually being one.
Podoboo
Feeling strange

Postby ShadowMage » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:47 pm

ShadowMage
Button popping

Postby tHEfOOL » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:40 am

I have the feeling that Other were packs deal with thralls and their creators in a much different fashion, especially considering that in other species a thrall probably isn't going to be twice the size of All the other pack members. At the beginning of the comic the general consensus of the pack leadership was that he gets her under control now or we have to kill them both, but they were pretty hesitant because they figured they might lose half the pack trying to take Sarah down.

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby stormydragon » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:22 pm

stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby ShadowMage » Mon May 01, 2017 12:13 am

ShadowMage
Button popping

Return to Peter is the Wolf