[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The joys of waiting in silence.

The joys of waiting in silence.

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

The joys of waiting in silence.

Postby Nopewolf » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:50 pm

So I don't really know what the argument was that lead to bar1 getting the boot, I think I recall it being over politics or something but we're getting to that point where PITW is updating about as slow with a new artist as it was doing with the old artist. This is steadily becoming unacceptable, I paid for the books when they were at a critical points, I made my preorders forever ago.

I think I speak for plenty of folks when I say that the whole point of a new artist, at least to many of us, was the answer to bar being a slow bugger. Truth be told though if we're only going to see 1 to 2 pages a month if we're lucky I'd rather you two stop banging heads and go back to the old style. Sorry, maybe it's some dumb sense of loyalty but I'd rather see the artist keep up than the writer make calls that have lead to essentially jack in the past year. The story has continued.. I guess, and that's nice, but we've already crossed a few weird bridges in the story that I can't fathom we would have crossed with bar still doing art, or at least it would have seemed better.

Idk, maybe I'm a salty old fan. I started with this comic back when it started, I've spent money, I've met other fans at conventions and have a few signed this and thattery from over the years and it just kills me to see what's going on with the comic. If you can't even bother to update once a week what's really the point in keeping it going? There are multiple comics with vastly superior artwork that manage to update multiple times a week(RockCocks, Alfie (Buttsmithy) TheZombieHunters(finally back after two-three years) etc), why can't this one? If the new artist can't perform then replace her, you're apparently fine with doing that.

Sorry, a bit salty that this comic got a small surge in content and is being left in the dust. It's not our problem if pages aren't ready, supposedly the story was written in advance meaning the expectations are pages would be too with maybe an auto-poster every Thursday or so.
Nopewolf
Feeling strange

Re: The joys of waiting in silence.

Postby Happygun » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:58 am

After reading your post and mulling over your words I've come to a conclusion.

I'm done.

I've been following this webcomic since the beginning. I've contributed money, purchased products, supported the company through Patreon and other ways (and to be fair, Kris helped me out once with my own project). I wasn't thrilled with the new artist but I was willing to give Padunk a chance, particularly given the promise of a return to at least semi-regular updates. Well, now it just seems like more of the same. Kris is still writing fiction but beyond that nothing seems to be happening. This webcomic(s) and creative project has been dying for a long, frustrating time and I'm sick of being disappointed. I'm cancelling my Patreon support, removing my links to PitW/WLPComics, wiping my hands of the company.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Ganthan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:44 pm

Kris, when I see you posting all kinds of stuff to your Facebook page but not communicating with us here about comic updates it really makes me wonder whether you care about Peter is the Wolf anymore. Now no response to this thread after two days?

What's going on?
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Nopewolf » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:26 pm

Show of hands here people as Kris is just idling by, how many of you would like to see Bar either take over the PITW project again or at least come back in place of the new artist? Truth be told no matter what Kris comes back saying unless we're going to see this webcomic magically spring back to life, which was great until it stopped making sense, I see no real reason to keep the new artist floating. Whatever split Kris and Bar together is not really of enough worth in my eyes for the fans to have to sit around waiting and hoping something actually happens, I'd honestly rather see the comic die then just get dragged along with maybe 12 updates a year.

Some votes if people are interested in expressing their thoughts while staying anon:

http://www.strawpoll.me/14543639
Nopewolf
Feeling strange

Postby Ganthan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:03 am

Okay, after doing some digging, I found this journal entry Kris made a month ago to his Furaffinity page. Allow me to copy and paste, though the links might not work.

"Well, very little writing of any kind got done in September and October. There are many and various reasons, but the big two are these:

(1) Towards the end of August my desktop computer began to show signs of possible hard drive failure. In the second week of September they became pervasive enough that I decided my hard drive was going out and that I needed a replacement. What followed was four weeks of me futzing with the machine trying, and failing, to clone the old hard drive to the new computer by one means and another... and eventually figuring out it was the SATA part of the computer's motherboard, not the hard drive itself, going bad. After delays caused by three consecutive weekends on the road, I finally got a replacement machine with a new hard drive containing copies of my old operating system and all my old programs. Total cost: six weeks of lost productivity, $160 for various parts, $400 for the replacement computer, and $95 for a repairman to do in five minutes what I couldn't do in five weeks.

(2) No sooner was the last glitch solved in my replacement desktop than I traveled to FangCon in Birmingham, AL. That convention would have lost money in any case, but my transmission decided to break slightly while in Alabama- right AFTER I'd had work done to prevent such. I coaxed the van home, handed it over to my preferred transmission shop, and waited, waited, and waited... and I'm still waiting. I had to rent a U-Haul to get to OniCon in Galveston, and I ended up canceling out of BanzaiCon altogether (and losing my $300 booth fee). Total expenses caused by the transmission issue are approaching $3,000.

Those two things are the main reasons, aside from travel fatigue between conventions, why I haven't felt creative the last couple months.

But since I ended up with a weekend off (unplanned and unwanted), I'm going to try to get productive. (Especially since I NEED to get money coming in urgently- I have only four other conventions, all expensive and untried, before the end of the year and my seven weeks of downtime.)

So I'm going to experiment again with live-writing via Google Docs.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/.....sdcGWj7nI/edit

Every night from tonight through Tuesday night, from 7 PM until bed, I will write SOMETHING. Tonight I'll work on more Changeling Space Program, but after that it'll be requests. Patrons and donors to my transmission GoFundMe will get preference, of course!

Sorry I couldn't make it to South Carolina this weekend, but I hope the writing makes up for it!"
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Henpecked » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:28 pm

Even if that were true, it would only be the same story that Kris has given us every other time updates have dried up. "Sorry guys, ThisCon and ThatCon took up all my time, plus my car's falling apart again!" Literally every time there's a holdup, this is what we hear back.

I just want some freaking closure. Does Sarah learn to control her wolf side or not. Do Jack and Con give Gus some painfully-needed comeuppance, or not. Does Butch obtain any sort of redemption, or not. Does Arthur discover Sarah's lycanthropy and in turn learn to be a little more willing to let some secrets stay secret, or not. A whole bunch of plot threads have been dangling in the breeze for years, and we're no closer to resolving them than we were in 2010, when Butch and Peter were caught together. Yes, it's been seven years since that happened, and PItW has barely progressed the storyline an inch since then, the episode with the Stebbins siblings notwithstanding.

There are other comics out there. is a good one. is an absolute delight (although the werewolfy stuff is little more than a plot device). I've been following those faithfully for at least two years, and both comics have maintained a far more reliable update schedule.

If the comic can't update reliably, then at least publish the rest of the script so we can see how this story ends. Because there's little evidence to suggest that this comic will ever make it to the end. And no, publishing a page update tomorrow isn't going to satisfy these complaints, because we have no idea when the next update to come after it.
Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Strangers » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:57 am

Yeah, the parts of the plot that are still interesting are coming out so slowly that it's impossible to stay invested or even remember what's going on.
Even the adult scenes have been getting interrupted and abandoned right when they were getting interesting, in the last 80 pages (3 years).
If the artist change hasn't fixed these issues...
Strangers
Just getting started

Postby stormydragon » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:45 pm

stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby Nopewolf » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:30 pm

Nopewolf
Feeling strange

Postby Ganthan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Hey, a new update is up and it's an interesting one. I'm still not sure why Kris isn't posting about it here, though. I'm starting to think he forgot his login password.

As for Bar coming back, as nice as his artwork is I really doubt he's going to return. As you pointed out his furaffinity page among other things were getting sometimes daily updates while the comic would languish for months. It had become pretty obvious that he didn't have enough interest in doing it anymore.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Nopewolf » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Oh boy, one update in what, like a month and a half or something? Meh...
Nopewolf
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:28 pm

OK, new update with news is now posted.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Return to Peter is the Wolf