[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 412 (Book 4 Page 34) (9-6-2018)

Page 412 (Book 4 Page 34) (9-6-2018)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 412 (Book 4 Page 34) (9-6-2018)

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:19 pm

Life isn't done with Mischa, but she's stabilized enough to send a couple of pages. (B&W, not color; as I suspected, color takes too long.)

Also, progress is being made on shading the pages for Book 2! I don't know if we'll get the books out by the end of the year, but we're going to try!
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 412 (Book 4 Page 34) (9-6-2018)

Postby Ganthan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:22 pm

As much as I don't want to be the asshole, this really does need to be said. This is the ugliest Peter Is The Wolf comic page I've ever seen. I'm having a really hard time believing that this was made by the same artist that produced . Never mind about the color. That's the LEAST of the problems right now.

Why is the background so cartoony now? The vehicles look lifted out of Micky Mouse comics. The trees are lines and squiggles. Are those caution cones or wizard hats?

The main trio don't hold up much better. The size and proportions of heads and limbs vary panel to panel. The number of buttons on Sarah's jacket goes from four to two. Also, is Sarah stepping forward in panel two or kicking a stone? Is Jean wearing a backpack or a motorcycle gas tank in panel four? Also, it looks like Aminal Control blew so much of their payroll when they hired The Stig that they had to downgrade to cheap boxy walkie talkies.

Seriously, it looks like you secretly swapped in another artist in place of Mischa to get a story page out. If Mischa really DID draw this, well she must be REALLY stressed out for the quality to drop this much and I sincerely hope things smooth out for her soon.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:10 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Podoboo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:38 pm

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that about the art. I wasn't that crazy about this artist to begin with, though the filler pages recently had me withhold judgment until I could at least get used to it after seeing it regularly. If not a different artist like you said, this does feel a lot like just the random doodles that the artist might use as concept art for the actual panel and would later be redone. Except instead of taking the rough sketch and drawing the final product from that layout, some extra details were added to the rough sketch. I've been waiting patiently for the next page but this was not what I expected upon a return. I really hope we see a return to quality (regardless of color, though it would be nice). If this chibi style is how the comic is going to be going forward, I'll probably cancel my Patreon pledge. Which I really don't want to, I've followed this comic for close to twelve years now and I want to support it - and would give more if I was in a financial position to do so - but this page was just an eyesore.

I have the first book in paper copy, and I sorta hope someday to have the entire collection of graphic novels. When Book 4 finally sees print, I really hope this page is redone instead of being left like this. If these are the pages the artist is producing due to stress, I would rather wait until things settle down for her to put out the next page instead of keeping getting these "chibi" style pages.
Podoboo
Feeling strange

Postby Nopewolf » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:47 pm

Mischa I'm going to assume you check the forums so from the community I'm just going to ask outright, if you're too stressed to work on the comic please just move on and maybe look to come back at a later point.

We're coming full circle where we're right back to the same old schedule of "well we didn't update cus of this," "oh well now the artist is sad and can't work," "well this was out of place so.." I'll be honest the only difference between the original comic and the current state of it at this case is the name of the artist because it's pretty much the exact same case of the comic updating whenever the hell a butterfly farts at a 32 degree angle at a specific altitude and like I said in the past its become clear that the last.... 20 of us maybe that are forum active... are pretty patient but this is getting even more ridiculous than before.

Kris please, there is a big old Tumblr out there where you could find decent artists on the cheap, just throw a dart and hope for the best but unless we can expect 2-4 pages a month I'm still going to hang on the whole "just write up the full script and close the comic" because at this rate you're going to die well before this comic ever ends properly. Mean? Yes. Honesty that you can trust, yeppers.
Nopewolf
Feeling strange

Postby matteso585 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:51 pm

About the guy in armor. Is this about that incident with the statue?
matteso585
Bodice ripping

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:16 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Return to Peter is the Wolf