[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Butch getting rid of her father

Butch getting rid of her father

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Butch getting rid of her father

Postby manx » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:58 am

Because I'm almost sure that Butch is waiting for the day when she can dispose of her father. What do you think the pack would think about it? I was just wondering is all...
manx
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:11 pm

As things stand as of this moment in the story, and without further revelations, opinions would range from "don't blame her but we can't let her get away with murder" to "justifiable lycanthrocide" to "give the girl a goddamn medal."

Since Jack Goodwin would most likely side with the first position, and his wife Carla with the last, it would make for an interesting debate.

At this point nobody, and I mean NOBODY, would mourn Gus on his own merits.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Catherine_Puce » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:16 pm

This is a occasion to Rebecca to make a big effort and think to a smart plan. Think is maybe not her strongest point but I noticed with time that all it's need is a proper motivation. I doubt that she want get rid of Gus right now, it's her father and he didn't reach the breaking point but when this will happen, she will have to disguise this murdering. Nobody will ask for a perfect crime, like you said very few like him so they will not make lot of effort to find what really happened. There are several possible scenario but the simple and the easier is the kill him useing her claw and fang probably when he sleep or is occupied by something. A quick strike in a vital point to have a fast deeath. Once you have the body you move it in the garage. You make a false scene where he work, gathering some inflammable product, this place is full of them anyway (oil, gas, paint are great but leave the propane tank a little more away), you start the fire and come back in the house. You wait that the fire get noticable to call the fire station (until they come and extinct the fire the corpse will be burned enough to make difficult to see the claws' marks) and explain that you was in the house all the time and don't know what happened exactly.

The pack will have doubt but fire can kill a werewolf and they will probably not want go further. If the "don't blame her but we can't let her get away with murder" side will want to act they will have to have prove that she really killed him. Maybe some things like suspicious but you need more that this to condamn someone. I'm almost sure that Jack doesn't want the humans (the morgue chief is maybe not a werewolf, they're human and this world and they outnumber them a lot so statistic talk in favor of this possibility.) so he will probably ask to Uncle Con to close the affair and let Butch clear of that by default. But I don't think that she will kill him, the wheel of karma could simply roll in her favor. The
grab him and he disapears forever.

Après tout ces gars vont pas toujours échouer à capturer un loup-garou.

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Toast » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:37 pm

Remember, the goons only trouble Peter. Everyone else thinks they're his imaginary enemy. Or at least Jean does; maybe Con or Jack know something, but if so they still don't seem too fussed. I wouldn't be fussed about G-men who couldn't spell.
Toast
Bodice ripping

Postby manx » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:01 pm

very few liking him is an understatement, I think at best they wouldn't kill Butch, though I think she's looking for her break to get rid of him. Someone like Gus probably has assaulted her when she was little, so she never forgets that I'm sure. Also this explains why she's adopted the strongest survive schtick that gus has.
manx
Huge tracts o'land

"Daddy Dearest"

Postby K-MacK » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:37 pm

Actually, this was brought up early in the Comic, at the Howl (can you believe that was just last night in PitW's universe?). It was pointed out to Gus that the only reason he was still alive was the difficulty in disposing of his body.
Per the Lore: If Gus had raped his daughter Rebecca, he'd be dead meat. He isn't...so, either he hasn't sexually molested her or she is too ashamed to say he did. I suspect that she is a Virgin...and not for the simple greed factor, either. I suspect there is something about her Mother involved, but that's all.
She is working out. She is probably the Fittest Werewolf of her age group in years. She could probably challenge Gus any time and even kill him (perhaps even with the pack's help)...but she hasn't. There is a wierd dynamic going on there, and I suspect that story will unfold later in the excellent graphic novel that this has become. Right now, she has her focus on getting Peter back into her paws. If her father got in the way of that, I'd give poor odds on him winning.
The fact is: Gus is a Wierd Werewolf...really more Wolf than Human, almost as if the Wolf won the challenge of wills. He might not be very popular, but he does seem to show some care for his daughter (she isn't starving or scarred) for all that he tries to control her life.
All in all, I suspect that Kris has a suprise de-luxe for us in that regard, when he gets to that part of this story...and so far he's writing excellently!
As for the Decon-Suits: y'all do realise that not Peter, but Sarah, is now their most likely target.
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kajex » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:06 pm

New here, heyas.

I'm not too sure about Gus at this point. I keep getting a weird idea in my head about what his thoughts on this incident with Sarah might be that I'm not keen to say. But it's evident that Gus is more of a control freak. I mean, c'mon. He'd love the idea of having any woman in the pack for himself, he tried to apply for sheriff AND pack Alpha and failed to attain both positions, losing them to Con Nero and Jack Goodwin and makes his frustrations clear, he (thinks he) has Butch on a leash and therefore under his control, and holds to the ideal that the strong is over the weak. This is everything eeryone who's read the wiki knows.

But that said, Catherine_Puce pointed out a good bit- Con Nero's idea of putting Gus as Deputy Sheriff has the drawback in that, should Butch decide to say "to hell with this" and rip her father's heart out, "it's hard to hide a deputy sherrif's body," as Jack so nicely put it.

On that note... I keep getting this buggy feeling that Sarah's appearance as Petey's thrall changes up the playing field. Now you have a 12 foot tall puppy who mauls when provoked, a runt with a... er... big enough chew toy to calm her down with... and Con Nero seeming to accept the fact that Peter can calm Sarah down. Even still... I worry if Sarah is exploitable for Gus' ends. How Butch would be connected... well, you saw how that little brawl nearly turned out...
Kajex
Just getting started

Postby manx » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:43 pm

I don't think he's as smart as to manipulate Sarah, afterall only Petey can tame that wild beast down and without trying it seems. Besides, i think Con Nero is closely watching Gus to ensure he doesn't get close enough with any non-relative female. He knows what Gus is capable of and IMO he will do what it takes to keep Gus Cramer from the female members. Now I think Butch is too tocked off right now to do anything smart. Its obvious she is really mad, madder then someone getting at the front of the line at the opening of a star wars movie mad (I've seen it, that is mad).
manx
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kajex » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:47 pm

I'm a Star Wars freak.
That is very very mad.
I mean... I guess that's understandable- an incredibly potent werewolf female being thrown aside like a stuffed animal by someone who would normally just as soon trip over her own shoelaces.

Still, though... Sarah's relatively new. Yes, she probably has the attention of the whole pack, but not as somebody they'd trust right off the bat, especially considering that she's thrall to the runt of the pack, someone who claims uses the full of their willpower just to stay human in a tense situation. Add in that even with Gus' past and the fact that nobody trusts him doesn't mean that attention will be swayed away from him in favor of someone potentially more dangerous (at least until futher notice, when Peter gets the hang of playing fetch with his new puppy...). And I doubt that Gus isn't averse to using a little underhandedness, especially considering that Jack Goodwin secured position as Pack Alpha using a combination of brains and brawn.
Kajex
Just getting started

Postby manx » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:58 am

Well IMO in that pack its not brains and brawn that run it, but I'd say its 75% brains and 25% brawn. Peter has neither so which obviously explains why he's in so many ways an outcast. Also you notice that all the leading lycans in the pack are smart enough, so they can rely on their brains if anything goes wrong. Also, the females are smarter then most of the guys in the pack. Jack and Con Nero being an exception of the main cast ATM.

Oh yeah, its also for the fact that I think they prefer brains because they don't want someone like Gus or petey's father running the show. Though I think they'd be safe because sally seems to do a well enough job controlling walter. So its just my guess really, though one would have to wonder something....

How the heck did Gus Cramer even make it as a police officer? He doesn't seem the kind of person to be social to the human populas. I think its safe to say that Con could party with anyone if needs be.

This is just my guess though.
manx
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Catherine_Puce » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:22 pm

Interessing point of view but you said that Jack and Con are the exceptions. I want to point that they make a large part of the male cast.They are half of the male inside the pack elder council and 40% of the total male cast. I think that this is a little too much to considerate it just like an exception.

Il nous faudrait un peu plus de loup-garou pour être sure.

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kajex » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:49 pm

Particularly when you consider that Con believes it's time for something of a shift in ideas in which cunning is just as important as strength, perhaps more important than some traditional views. You consider it this way- that way back when, werewolves could rule (or at least maintain anonymity) through fear alone by virtue of their strength, it becomes less important in a society that evolves over time into one that has readily available tools to eliminate them, and the general social intolerance around the world to have no qualms doing it.

I like how Con is written out to be one delivering justice. His methods seem pretty sound.

And ya gotta read the wiki- Jean believes Peter would be smart, is not for his father's idiocy contributing to Peter's naivety. I mean... come on... my dad and I had "The Talk" when I was 12. What, is adding in...

*thinking of a non-offensive way to say it...*

Was adding in, "Oh... and kissing a clean girl will give them cooties and/or turn them into thralls" a sentence too many to disclose?
Kajex
Just getting started

Postby manx » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:37 pm

Well I say 75/25 because brawn still has a small leading part in the pack, though not as much. Infact I'd say that 25% is to ensure Jack gets a fair turn as pack leader. I consider Jack and Con the smartest because I have yet to see an intelligent non-leading male in the pack except those two. Plus I respect Con's judgement a whole lot. He knew that sarah was instantly dangerous, but he thought that he should give petey a proper chance to sooth the savage beast. No dirty puns intended ofcourse.

I consider Peter screwed up, royally. Yes if it werent for his father then he wouldn't be as screwed up. But I look to blame the mother too. Though Sally is pretty clever in her own right, what she did by assuming was pretty dumb. Though it goes to show that not even lycans are perfect. If she had did the big speech with peter after his father did, then Peter would be okay. I mean comon, she should know how stupid Walter is..

And I think if brawn wasn't an issue, peter wouldn't be such an outcast to begin with. I mean we can assume he was picked on by quite alot of lycans and that Jean had to defend him. So it goes to show while the brains rule over the brawn, it doesnt rule over them totally.
manx
Huge tracts o'land

Things to remember...

Postby K-MacK » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:54 pm

Hey, Pete did screw up...but you have to remember that in addition to the potential for pregnancy or disease, with a Werewolf there is the certainty of making a new (and improved?) Werewolf out of your lover.
Peter probably had the "basics" in Human Reproduction in school...he did mention falling asleep in Biology...but there are certain basics that you just can't miss in High School. :?
What everybody seems to have missed, is that he didn't have to have had "Enjoyment" with Sarah to Were' her. They probably had been Kissing quite a bit...hello! Swapping Spit ought to do the Job (bodily fluids & enzymes). :shock:
So, Sarah was probably in a "Were" way before their "Enjoyment" and her giving up her Virginity to Peter. Peter's only other experience in this particular thing didn't result in anything but mutual pleasure with Jean (one hopes). Nothing happened because she was already a Werewolf! So, Peter really didn't have any particular reason to think there was anything to worry about, assuming he was capable of thought at that point. As I remember...thinking wasn't really "up there" in my paradigms at the time.....
So...it really wasn't the "Enjoyment" that Were'd her...it was the "Warm-up" before that did the job. I'm guessing that there was kissing before...simply because of human/were responses to that sort of situation.
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Return to Peter is the Wolf