[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Update Update

Update Update

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Update Update

Postby Lizzyroo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:38 am

Update please. I dunno, Post something on the comic page. A different Picture now and then. even if its one thats been posted before. But at least change the Picture once and awhile. like at least a couple times a month. PLEASE
Lizzyroo
Just getting started

Re: Update Update

Postby ManWithJoeName » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:02 pm

I've poked around every link I can find and it looks like pretty much everything having to do with PitW and WLP in general is pretty much dead. Even their facebook page hasn't had any updates since the "looking for new artist" post.
ManWithJoeName
Just getting started

Postby jnv11 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:31 am

The writer posted something about some progress being made on the comic's Patreon on August 14, 2019 at . I am not sure if I am allowed to reveal that post's contents here because it is locked unless you are a patron.
jnv11
Just getting started

Postby ManWithJoeName » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:58 pm

Thanks for the info. It looks like you can't see any of their patreon posts unless you donate. I wouldn't mind donating, but I only donate to comics that are currently active or I know will be coming back soon. I'll cross my fingers and hope it comes back, but I'm not going to hold my breath, or donate until it does.
Hopefully the creators will post something here, or on their website, or on facebook, or...
ManWithJoeName
Just getting started

Postby Podoboo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:01 am

Well their patreon is per page posted. It's not a monthly donation, so if they don't post pages, you aren't actually charged.
Podoboo
Feeling strange

Postby ManWithJoeName » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:22 pm

Huh. I didn't see that. None of the other pages I follow use that plan. Pretty cool!
ManWithJoeName
Just getting started

Postby jnv11 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:07 am

Unfortunately, the amount of donations per comic page has fallen to $84 per comic page, which is below the $90 threshold that Kris set to allow him to pay the artist, so Kris might not be able to pay whichever artist is selected enough per page to make it possible to continue the comic. I have already joined the maximum tier of $10 per page, but cannot go higher now because I recently needed to replace some furniture and clothes which wore out. I need to build up my savings. We need more people to join the Patreon or join the higher of both tiers to make paying the artist possible.
jnv11
Just getting started

Postby ManWithJoeName » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:31 pm

That's kind of the rub isn't it. When a comic creator ignores their comic for 5 months people start jumping ship. Luckily for you, the patreon is a pay per page plan and not a monthly plan or you would be out a good chunk of money for nothing. I looked back over the creators various websites and they used to be really active with going to Con's, posting updates, and posts to their Facebook page, but none of those pages have been updated in a long time. I'm sure finding an artist is hard, but before I sign up to donate, I would like to see something somewhere from the creator that lets me know he's not giving up.
ManWithJoeName
Just getting started

Postby Strangers » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:44 pm

The main website still says PitW by Padunk and Kris Overstreet and links to Padunk's no longer existing Patreon account. She stopped being the artist at the start of 2018. Don't expect anything.
Strangers
Just getting started

Postby jnv11 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:49 pm

I found a tweet with the information similar to the Patreon post at .
jnv11
Just getting started

Postby IskraTS11 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:34 pm

Eh, any news on that search for an artist? I'm afraid that the "uncommon" style of other White Lightning publications may be scaring artists off; it's a "hate it or love it" thing, and some people may not love it, or even if they do, may not have the time to work on such a large scale project! For example, I do draw (although it's a radically different style than Peter is the Wolf or other WLP comics, I'm drawing realistic tanks, planes and Brutalist architecture... I can't really become the new WLP artist!) but I'm always either taking care of family, or having extra "homework" courtesy of my boss with things such as writing investment plans for restaurants in Barcelona, and I perfectly understand that some people may not have the time to draw fast enough for a comic. If they have a job, they'll be afraid to lose it to become a full-time artist (who knows, with the economy we have these days), and if they don't, they're probably taken by one of their own projects.
IskraTS11
Just getting started

Postby Really? » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:32 am

The last post by the author was over two months ago. I suspect the comic cuts into his retweeting time.
Really?
Just getting started

Postby MitchellTF » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:49 pm

Well, Peter is the Wolf is the main way he got money for paying the power bill, so...I think he's working on it.
MitchellTF
Mountain climbing

Postby Really? » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:33 pm

Last post by Kris: 7/31
Last visit to forums by Kris: 9/29
Really?
Just getting started

Return to Peter is the Wolf