[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Update, August 5

Update, August 5

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Back!

Postby K-MacK » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:19 am

Whew, I'm back...Brain doesn't do well with mutually exclusive concepts, like Butch in frills or Honest Car Salesmen.
In the last panel, I noticed that Sarah still has the extended Canines of the Were'...this has come up before. Is this a visual clue that what's being discussed or referred to is Werewolf-related, or is it just anger or annoyance? Since it occurs fairly often in this context, I suspect yes... as to agressive or annoyed (plus it's an Anime and Manga thing, where the agressive character is frequently a little fang-y). Is this the case, or isn't Sarah quite done reverting under the Wolfsbane's influence?
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Happygun » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:54 pm

I think it's safe to assume that all of the little cutesy transformations (i.e. fangs, wolf-ears, etc.) are merely visual indicators of Sarah's mood. Chris has stated that the transition from human to werewolf form is an all-or-none thing.

I think the best way to tell if Sarah is transforming is through Peter. If Peter is panicking, she's going fuzzy.
Happygun

Postby manx » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:36 pm

Though I think she may be accepting it.
manx
Huge tracts o'land

Ri-i-i-ght!

Postby K-MacK » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:06 am

KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby manx » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:06 am

manx
Huge tracts o'land

Oh?

Postby K-MacK » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:41 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Re: Oh?

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:06 am

Last edited by Wizard_of_odd on Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Ohhh, The Horror!

Postby K-MacK » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:32 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Re: Oh?

Postby K-MacK » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:39 pm

[quote="Wizard_of_odd"]
I can only imagine what a werewolf has to deal with on a daly basis...

The sheer sensory overload must be absolute murer on Sarah...[quote]

Yep! That's why there's a Sarah and a Sarah-Wuff. Sarah-Wuff handles things on an instinctive level, while Sarah is stuck in a massive, mind-stopping "EEEEEWWWWW!"
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:14 pm

Waiting on my ride...

Although a lycanthrope's senses are enhanced even in human form, it's nothing like as much as in werewolf form. At present Sarah hasn't paid much attention to her sense of smell in human form- she hasn't given much thought to the fact that everything smells so much stronger now.

(Besides, she has a LOT on her mind just now.)
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:49 pm

Happygun

Too Bad

Postby K-MacK » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:22 pm

It's too bad Werewolves have to hide...Sarah is going to have to learn how to use her "extra-scentsory-perception" very carefully, as well as stifle a whole heap of instinctive reactions. :shock:
Chasing cars is only the first of them. Peter is going to have to have Sarah ready for College in a few "Months" or less, and she can't chew Wolfsbane all the time.
If Sarah's College is anything like the one I went to, her first visit to the College Cafeteria will be her last. The Army mess-hall was delightful by comparison. :roll:
If she has to take a P.E. class, better be something non-competitive: Wolves are very competitive, female wolves even moreso. "Miss Hazen, your last volleyball return went through the Coach's office...wall." She will have to keep a low profile, although an 11'8" women's Basketball center would certainly be appreciated...being taller than the basket. :lol:
Kris has a knack for picking the best situations...if the car chasing is any example, College will be hilarious, and she isn't even there, yet...
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby manx » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:34 am

WLP is better then alot of web comics I've read. Their super creative and put in funny situations in with the mature stuff to make it funny. Though I think if kris and company went into professional animation. We'd see some spectacular animation.
manx
Huge tracts o'land

Animation...

Postby K-MacK » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:47 am

First off, manx; That IS a Spambot. :x Kris will deal with it when he gets to a computer. :)
As to Animation, From what I've seen and heard, it's profoundly more complex than just making the characters move...Kris would have to involve a whole lot more people in the productions of these stories than there are now....as in a whole Studio's worth for even one comic line.
Having said that, yeah, I'd like to see the characters move, too. Like back at the "Spielburg" page, where Sarah just grows, and grows, and grows, and how can she stand up with those on her chest?
I just don't think it'll happen. :(
On another subject...it's been a while since we've seen Rebecca. Now, she's eye-candy in either form, but if she isn't being watched, she could be making trouble for Peter and Sarah...and right now, they both are, shall we say, not keeping their guard up? Sarah, because she doesn't know; and Peter, because all he's focussed on is getting Sarah functional as a Werewolf. :wink:
I learned a Life-Lesson many years ago: If you aren't watching your tail (your six), it'll get bitten. I'll wager that applies in the PitW universe, too.... :?
And, Kris is just a bit devious..... :twisted: One of his best qualities!
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:27 am

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:26 am

Happygun

Memory...

Postby K-MacK » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:38 am

KMacK...
K-MacK

Previous

Return to Peter is the Wolf