[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Update, August 5

Update, August 5

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Update, August 5

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:36 am

Before anyone asks: the ears are a cartoon shorthand for Sarah's wolf side taking over. She doesn't literally have four ears, and she didn't sprout wolf ears independent of anything else, the same way that you don't sweat a single drop about a gallon large when someone does something embarassing.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby manx » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:55 am

and here I thought the cars thing was a stereotype...
manx
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:17 am

At least Peter didn't introduce a chew toy...
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:54 pm

Is it just me, or was this one of the cutest/silliest moments in PitW thus so far?

"Time for some wolfsbane."
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Lunchbox » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:50 pm

Cutesy wolfy-ear Sarah! Awesome.

What's weird is, my first thought was what the building over by the cars is... I'm strange. 8)
Lunchbox
Button popping

While out on the left Coast....

Postby K-MacK » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:11 pm

It's sort'a like a peep-show. I still can't pull up today's page. Ahhh, well,
it'll be there tomorrow. :(
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby Queen of Night » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:47 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Kagome & InuYasha

Postby K-MacK » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:06 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Re: Kagome & InuYasha

Postby Queen of Night » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:18 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

InuYasha

Postby K-MacK » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:26 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Raptor3k » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:57 pm

Raptor3k
Just getting started

Postby Voodoomaster » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:40 pm

Voodoomaster
Sweater stretching

Postby CK01 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:45 pm

CK01
Mountain climbing

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:55 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:57 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

I'm floored...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:27 pm

Last edited by Wizard_of_odd on Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Re: I'm floored...

Postby Queen of Night » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:29 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Re: I'm floored...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:40 pm

Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby Catherine_Puce » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:42 am

Interesting comic, seeing how Peter acted in this page, I think that he got at least a little from her side. I most admit that it's a easy to do but it show that he can manipulate her by using her instincts. This will just work for a short period of time but I'm sure that he will find something else later if the need (or the motivation) is here.

Anyway, most dog doesn't hunt car because they know (usualy by a previous experience) they can't catch up it. This instinct come from their wolf's ancestors and wolf select always the slowlest prey amount a group of targets. They are fast runner like cheetah. So it's almost always the young, the old or the sick that end as a meal. They will usualy give up when they notice that the target is too fast for them and that no members of the pack is well placed to intercept the target, it's useless to waste energy so the pack is better to safe their strengh for an another later, the next prey will appear soon enough.

Bien sur, il y a toujours des chiens plus stupides que d'autres.

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Finally!

Postby K-MacK » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:44 am

At last, I get to look at the new page! Yeah, Sarah has just had a bit of an awakening, and she is beginning to see just how hard it's going to be to "Play the nice Human". :)
And, I also get the distinct impression that the Wolf-Spirit at home in Sarah is, well, more pup than adult. :?
Yeah, Pete is handling things in a way that would make his mother proud of him. I wonder if those Wolfsbane pills are Chicken flavored or Beef flavored? Nice "sit up and beg" from Sarah, by the way.
Now...how is Peter going to handle the Wolf/Canid desire to "Mark her Territory" :oops: ...in the traditional manner? That will be interesting! :lol:
Good story this week...worth waiting the extra day to see it. :!:
I'm also glad that she didn't start her Shift...FMA jackets are hard to get...
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:36 am

It's not a pill, at least not in the modern sense. It's a wad of leaves, twigs and blooms, fairly dried, unflavored.

It tastes about as good as it sounds.

Which might be another reason Sarah's a mite cranky.

Oh- and Sarah made the jacket herself. Peter hasn't got around yet to telling her that Goodwill and other thrift stores get more werewolf business than Sears, J.C.Penny's, Macy's, etc.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ProphetTenebrae » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:48 pm

I loved this.

The canine instincts were just great... very believable and also funny and Sarah's reaction was great.

I think she's still in denial to some extent. I do wonder how she'll do at the doctor.

ProphetTenebrae
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:58 pm

Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:44 pm

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Wardrobe?

Postby K-MacK » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:55 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf