[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - PitW Directors Commentary-

PitW Directors Commentary-

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

PitW Directors Commentary-

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:55 am

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:21 am

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:38 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Peter's Hometown....

Postby K-MacK » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:15 pm

Good Idea to NOT name Pete's hometown. Location? Central U.S.,
northwestern area....It gets cool enough in that area to allow coats in summer, Most of the time.
I'd advise against a Pacific State....Both Oregon and Washington are cool
enough in summer, but you can tell which side of the Werewolf is north
by the Moss growing there.... Humidity is Seriously High.
Perhaps one of the Rockies States?? Cool enough in summer and Snowy
in Winter.
(Q) Do Werewolves shed?..........Hope not.
And PLEEEEEZE! Keep is a smallish town...not Metropolis or something
like it.... Say, a population of 100-120 Thousand. Perfect for Were-'s
to"melt in", but small enough to stay in close contact.
You mention in the "Cast" section that Peter is Normal for his age - height wise, but thinks of himself as "Smaller than normal"...could that be effecting his size as a Were-' ?
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:41 pm

You all need to remember I grew up in the back woods. To me "small town" means pop. 1,000 to 5,000 or so, and "big city" begins at 25,000.

Calling a city of 100,000 to 150,000 a "small town" is, to my mind at least, absurd beyond words.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Town sizes

Postby K-MacK » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:05 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Re: Town sizes

Postby Crunch Jackson » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:19 am

Crunch Jackson
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:13 pm

Like I'd mentioned... some of the features of the town are loosely based on my recollections of Ypsilanti, MI. The college town of Eastern Michigan University. Home of the 'historic water tower', aka the Brick Dick. AKA the World's Most Phallic Building. The entire campus, really was a Freudian nightmare.

Yeah... it's kinda like that.

Towns 'n Stuff

Postby K-MacK » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:08 pm

I've been in College towns too....really, it's a perfect location.
First there was the TOWN...then the University was built. I'll use the University at San Luis Obispo, Ca. as an example. There is the "old town" area with a population of around 3500. Nice place, shady streets, settled population. That's where "Peter" lives...probably just down the block
from "Jean". "Sara" in the "new town" area...maybe 25 years "newer"
than the "old", with big (as in 1/8 acre) lots...which are large by modern standards. Many lots have "back yards" that just open onto the local
wilderness.
Hmmmm, "Butch", since her father is most recently "off probation"
with the pack, probably lives in the newer developments, at some distance
from the rest. In these towns, it's common to see a new house, on the modern "postage stamp-sized" lot, with the Boonies maybe 20 metres or so away from the Developments.
Think "Clover Leaf". The Center is the Old town. The "leaf" at 8:00 is the
University. The "leaf" at 2:00 is light industry, University support businesses, Warehouses and suchlike. The other two "leaves" are the
"Developments" (SLO has more than two).
Surrounding all this is wilderness...Pacific Coast, Hills, Forest, Farms....
Were I a Were-', I'd think it was heaven. Lots of Space. Two major
Highways run thru this town, one's a Freeway/Turnpike. Plenty of
hustle and bustle...and lots of places to "disappear" into.
Never mind there are more Pagans in that area than anyone else, more than five traditions, enough of us to control the City Council yet be entirely invisible to outsiders, and unnoticed by most mundanes who live there. All settled in the Old town and some Farms inside the "City Limits".
I know about disappearing. Just a bit......
I'd be up there, myself, but...well, there's us "Invisibles" in the L.A. area.
And I have responsibilities here.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:58 pm

Only producing one page per week really puts limits on how much you can string a story along... and, in the case of Chapter 2 of PitW, it directly affected how the story went.

My original idea- having Sarah run wild through the night, possibly wringing Peter dry in the process- ran into problems pretty quickly. First, although it'd provide some nice action, it wouldn't advance the plot much. Second, I couldn't justify the entire town pack allowing it, given the circumstances. Finally, and most importantly, it would take too long; the page count just wasn't there.

So I had to bring Sarah's first wolf night to a premature end. How to do that? At first I considered having her get exhausted by a *ahem* workout with Peter. The pack scene in the general-audience version of the strip would have extended all the way through the chapter. That idea died pretty quick. A werewolf on a full moon reverting to normal after one sexual experience? Not hardly! During daylight, or new moon, maybe, if it were really intense, but on the full moon you just can't tire a werewolf out.

No, she had to be physically incapacitated... and when you're talking about a werewolf so powerful she puts other weres to shame, not much will do the job.

So I decided to have Con kill her... which, in turn, proved convenient for what happens in the next chapter, after she gets better.

But if we'd been going as much as two updates per week, I might have done something else instead- maybe even gone with the rampage.

Instead we had a bit more drama than I'd ever intended with Peter, which means I'm going to have to dig a bit for more humor for the next chapter or two.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:56 am

Oh, why the hell not mention this? There's been some early product & label placement since early on. Peter is of course wearing the Smiley Roger shirt http://www.wlpcomics.com/general/images/sr2.jpg of course, in issue 1, we didn't have it set that it'd be printed on black yet. So the story 2 marker is where you see the base of the shirt change from White to Black.

And Sarah's p'jammies have the WLP logo on them. Wonder where that lightning bolt will show up next?

I'll add I like the bits of Dramatic turns... kinda makes one wonder how this will turn out. It can so easily go either way, I mean, taht was kinda the fun of the big fight between Jean & Sarah, it jumped back & forth from week to week on tone.

And yes! there's the Lightning Bolt & the Smiley Roger in Peter's sports gear! Now, for the really good otaku, can youidentify anyone in those photos?
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Return to Peter is the Wolf