[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - WierdWolves

WierdWolves

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

WierdWolves

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:49 am

So, this is where we're gonna just put all our odd bemusings on werewolves. The kinda bizarre "what ifs" and what not that probably won't be covered in the actual Peter is the Wolf story.

And for starters-

What would happen if a Zombie bit a Werewolf? (watching Shaun of the Dead right now, so this kinda occured to me) You get a person who then turns into a mutant zombie-wolf, or would the werewolf's healing ability keep them from turning into a zombie at all?
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Catherine_Puce » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:07 am

Personnatly, I think that their healing factor is strong enough to protect them from that horrible fate. You easily notice that the person with a weak health are transformed in zombie sooner. If someone with a good health can resist some time to the zombification, someone with a hyper health system with defeat the illness.

Now, what if the capture squad success to capture and study a werewolf? Does they will sell werewolf fluid to heal the person rich and deseparate enough to accept to become a thrall just for heal of their sickness?

Je pense que oui. :twisted:

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Crunch Jackson » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:17 am

I say you get a zombie-wolf, just because it would be scary and look cool.
Crunch Jackson
Huge tracts o'land

Postby ProphetTenebrae » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:52 am

In Vampire: Masquerade Bloodlines, you can do a side-quest to help out a Vampire called Romero ("oloz) with a zombie problem. He suggests you don't get bitten by the zombies and your character can say.

"Why - will I become a zombie?"

"No, it hurts like hell."

This, I believe, would be true of a werewolf.

ProphetTenebrae
Huge tracts o'land

Postby LoganB » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:19 pm

Thw wolf would die and become a zombie. Duno if it wold affect their wolf form or if they'd lose it but they wouldn't live very long.
LoganB

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:10 pm

First: no zombies, at least not in the walking-dead sense. Drugged, hypnotized or just plain fooled slaves, maybe, but not zombies.

Second, if PitW -were- a Romero-type movie, zombie bites would not turn werewolves into zombies. It's possible, though, that -werewolf- bites would turn dead, half-decayed, mindless zombies into living, whole, mindless werewolves...

... not that it would matter, because in a Romero movie BOTH zombies AND werewolves would be gobbling up every living human they could find.

Mmm, crunchy.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Zombie Hickeys.....

Postby K-MacK » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:07 pm

Possibly, just possibly, the Zombie would turn into a WereWolf...a dead,
smelly, decaying Werewolf with NO Social Life.....
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby MitchellTF » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:50 pm

I'd say a werewolf biting a zombie wouldn't work, since the Zombie is dead. He has no immune system, blood flow, etc.

Zombie biting a werewolf would possibly create a zombie werewolf, if their healing factor isn't strong enough.

Ditto with Vampire/Werewolf.

Though it does remind me of a fun character from a fanfic. He's a monster slayer, and it is said that he drinks only the blood of his enemies. Everyone fears him.

"He doesn't sound SO bad..."
"He kills werewolves, and vampires."
"Oh...OH!"
MitchellTF
Mountain climbing

Postby ProphetTenebrae » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:01 am

Why is it vampires are always at odds with werewolves? What's up with that?

ProphetTenebrae
Huge tracts o'land

Postby CK01 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:50 pm

Well, both are generally represented as the "ultimate" predator, so if they existed in the world together.... well... there can be only one I guess.

It's been noted elsewhere that this conflict is purely a modern invention, historical myth not following this at all.
CK01
Mountain climbing

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:50 pm

Two points on this.

First, myths very seldom have monsters encountering one another at all- only monsters v. humans or humans v. humans.

Second, in pre-Christian Europe skin-changers (lycanthropes of various types) were regarded mainly as holy men or the servants of gods. Only in the wake of Christianity did they become evil madmen. (There's also no mention whatever of female skin-changers, at least that I can find.)
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Crunch Jackson » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:23 pm

I went digging through my books on the subject, and I haven't found any pre-Christian European references to female werewolves either, though Adam Douglas' highly recommended (but sadly, out-of-print) "The Beast Within" notes that the earliest man-to-animal transformations in mythology were caused by women...
Crunch Jackson
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:23 pm

Yeah, how about that crazy Circe, hm? }:-{D
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ProphetTenebrae » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:50 am

Good old Pagans.

It wouldn't surprise me if the women weren't the centre of attention for these kind of rituals. Europe around that time wasn't exactly equal rights.

I'm sure I remember from my schoolboy days of Latin - references to werewolves back then... Ah yes, glancing over at Wiki it seems that Pliny referenced someone being cursed with the form of the wolf for 9 years.

It also mentions that there is an Amernian legend concerning women becoming wolves. All rather fascinating, really.

And yes Kris - pretty uncommon for myths to include vs. Presumably because back in the old days, fanboy numbers were kept in check by plagues and what not.

ProphetTenebrae
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:00 pm

Okay, so Fire, Old Age, Silver, and other werewolves can kill werewolves....

...but.....

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

She-Wolves...

Postby K-MacK » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:25 pm

Prophet Tenebrae Comments about American Mythos where women could become wolves.
In the old Irish "Tain Bo Cuailnge(?)", or "The Cattle Raid of Cooley", which is an epic where the Irish-Celtic hero "CuChullan" makes a hash of the invading forces under Queen Medebh (Maeve) there are a couple of passages about the death of an entire Clan...of Were-Wolves. They were on the "Good side"... ie; with CuChullan fighting the Invading forces from Connacht. Sadly, they were"All Slain" by Maeve's forces. This is one of the odd incidents where Were-Wolves were allied with Human Smoothskins. So, there is a Lot of backstory about Were-Wolf/Smoothskin relations; some friendly, some not. Naturally, Hollywood concentrated on the unfriendly stuff (sells movies).
It seems though, wherever there were Wolves, Were-Wolf tales came up.
Grudging admiration for a species that seemed smarter than the Humans?
(Irish References from The Tain, by Thomas Kinsella)[Oxford Press]
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:32 pm

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Jean's top, etc.

Postby K-MacK » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:37 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Zhanael » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:19 pm

Zhanael
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:36 pm

Haven't tried the Anita Blake books yet, but the blurbs I read on them at Amazon do not encourage me. They sound too much like depressing angsty crap- the publishers may think that's the only way were-vamp stuff will sell.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Zhanael » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:33 am

Zhanael
Feeling strange

Postby CK01 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:57 am

The earlier books were okay, but later has degerated into author/main character degenerate sex with monster and not much else besides...
CK01
Mountain climbing

Sad Note

Postby K-MacK » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:04 pm

It's really sad to note that in the "Fantasy" books today, what seems to sell isn't action, or good characterization, or realistic plots, or anything that would make them more than "genre'" books. What sells is Angst, Sex, and general desperation, saved unrealistically at the last moment; then back to angst.
Doesn't say much for our so-called "Normal" society, does it?
Fantasy is where healthy minds play, and where unhappy minds hide-out.
I suppose "Kinky" (to use the broadest possible sweep of the term) sex provides a sort of relief from the sad fact that this Planet we're living on is literally going to hell, and we are the ones at the Tiller. You can't get one of the now untreatable STD's from Fantasy sex, no matter how weird, and the angst that seems to be the norm for so many makes for at least a sort of Familiar world to set these stories into.
That's one reason why I enjoy PITW...the biggest problem there seems to be how long Peter is going to be Grounded for making a new Were-" who just happens to be ten-to-twelve feet tall. At least he has Sarah. There is hope. Unlike so many "Fantasy " books......
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Zhanael » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:44 pm

Zhanael
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:16 pm

There are no legends of wereplatypi or wereinsects, at least none that predate the creation of Dungeons & Dragons.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf