[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The more I think about the were's lives, the sadder I get =\

The more I think about the were's lives, the sadder I get =\

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby tHEfOOL » Sat May 22, 2010 8:16 am

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Re: The more I think about the were's lives, the sadder I ge

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat May 22, 2010 8:37 am

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: The more I think about the were's lives, the sadder I ge

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat May 22, 2010 9:31 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Les » Sat May 22, 2010 12:02 pm

[Mini Objectivism rant]

'Enlightened Self-Interest'

Only in Objectivism can one seriously make an argument that 'Not being a Dick' requires logical, objectively rational justification.

And only Ayn Rand could think she was the first person to ever come up with, "Do unto others as you would have done unto you."

[/mini objectivism rant] :P

Back on topic.

'The Government' knows nothing about Weres. Many, Many Individuals in Government know about weres but the government as a whole is clueless.

If in the Department of Homeland Security you have, maybe, three dudes who are clueless about weres and Everybody else in the DHS who knows about weres thinks they're the Only one who knows about weres.. it's effectively the same as if Noone in DHS knows about weres.
Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat May 22, 2010 12:56 pm

Not everyone in government knows about werewolves, but a substantial amount of government- particularly the federal US government- does. And, if you know how to get access, there are records.

Have you heard of the Tuskeegee experiments?

There was something very similar for werewolves, for several years after World War II- the Colorado Experiments. The military took quite a few werewolves who served through the war, assigned them to a base... and then experimented, quite thoroughly and mercilessly, on them, seeking to establish strengths, weaknesses, and limits of endurance. (Con was a little too young to get swept up in this.)

Other werewolves and their human allies- including some war heroes who could NOT be vanished in the same way as the experimental victims- found out about the program and, very carefully and very VERY quietly, got the plug pulled. Unfortunately, two-thirds of the test subjects were dead or permanently disabled by the time the project shut down.

It should be borne in mind, however, that this was NOT government-as-a-whole doing this: it was one tiny slice of the military. Most humans in on the secret, when they learned what had gone on, were appalled- and outraged. Unfortunately, their ability to stop the experiments was severely hampered by the need to keep ALL of it UTTERLY secret- because, as was held certain at the time, if everybody who DIDN'T know found out, the odds were THOSE people would enthusiastically SUPPORT the experiments- as a prelude to "wiping out the monsters among us."

Every lycanthrope in America knows this happened- and every medically trained lycanthrope, including Dr. Abe and Carla Whitetail Goodwin, knows what the studies found. In fact, the files on the experiments, and the bound copies kept carefully hidden in doctor offices across the country, are an extremely rare exception to the rule about putting NOTHING about lycanthropes on paper.

First, so that the suffering would lead to some positive good.

Second, so that the suffering would NOT be forgotten- either by lycanthropes, or by those in government in on the secret.

And it hasn't been. Lycanthropes and their friends in government have been quite careful and thorough in working to make certain that, at least in the United States, there is a major hands-off policy regarding weres. This extends right down to local levels, where- within limits- city and county governments will be carefully turned away from prying in areas which might lead to opening the Secret... or, worse, abusing the secret.

Aminal Control is not a government agency or government-run conspiracy. The capture squad goons know nothing about the Colorado Experiments. In fact, they have no idea why their employers want werewolves, or indeed SPECIFIC werewolves. They work their nine-to-fives, they cash their paychecks, and they go home to their families. Their knowledge stops at their vague corporate supervisors.

As for what the corporation itself is connected to, or what its intentions are... fnord.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat May 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Except the more conspiratorial accusations in regards to the Tuskeegee Experiment are standard issue groundless paranoia. Chiefly, that the men were infected by the doctors themselves.

"The government did give syphilis to black Americans for 40 years. What [Rev. Jeremiah Wright] was saying is in his history, in his genetic memory, he knows what it's like for the government to infect his own people. Because he lived through those Tuskegee experiments."
--Rosie O'Donnell, May 5, NBC Today Show. - (Who knows that steel can't be melted with fire.)
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby cawsking555 » Sat May 22, 2010 1:37 pm

I will stop you people right now!

It’s just simple read the comic theirs info in the comic witch it states that the pack is “dying” out.
Next I will say that it’s simple to gain control of your new state.

The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe in Magic

Do you believe in magic in a young girl's heart
How the music can free her, whenever it starts
And it's magic, if the music is groovy
It makes you feel happy like an old-time movie
I'll tell you about the magic, and it'll free your soul
But it's like trying to tell a stranger 'bout rock and roll

If you believe in magic don't bother to choose
If it's jug band music or rhythm and blues
Just go and listen it'll start with a smile
It won't wipe off your face no matter how hard you try
Your feet start tapping and you can't seem to find
How you got there, so just blow your mind

If you believe in magic, come along with me
We'll dance until morning 'til there's just you and me
And maybe, if the music is right
I'll meet you tomorrow, sort of late at night
And we'll go dancing, baby, then you'll see
How the magic's in the music and the music's in me

Yeah, do you believe in magic
Yeah, believe in the magic of a young girl's soul
Believe in the magic of rock and roll
Believe in the magic that can set you free
Ohh, talking 'bout magic

Do you believe like I believe Do you believe in magic
Do you believe like I believe Do you believe, believer
Do you believe like I believe Do you believe in magic
[Fade]
Do you re-member when you believed in magic; this is the force you got to re-member. I may be a ninja but I know reasons and rimes that magic is a 5 state of energy. Energy can change reformed but not destroyed. The government, lepercons, jinn,MIB, and They Knows this.

Spelling is not my strong suet.
Migi! Yame nasai! Sore wa oroka da. Hijō ni oroka na tashika ni! Chotto ii aidea toshite, ima anata ga tada oroka na ensō; kuria OUT o, LOT pōrando no anata no iru ofu kaishi!
cawsking555
Mountain climbing

Postby cawsking555 » Sat May 22, 2010 2:33 pm

Migi! Yame nasai! Sore wa oroka da. Hijō ni oroka na tashika ni! Chotto ii aidea toshite, ima anata ga tada oroka na ensō; kuria OUT o, LOT pōrando no anata no iru ofu kaishi!
cawsking555
Mountain climbing

Postby Aticston » Sun May 23, 2010 11:51 am

So far Kris seems to get entirely what I am talking about, and I am sorry I applied my "Were's lifestyle" thing to all were's and not just selected were families, but when 2 out of the 3 families were abnormal (Stubbes and Cramers) and how the lion were's lifestyles were explained "The females rule the pack, the males live to impress the females and act like big morons", but when its all you have seen you are prone to make judgments

As for the Stubbes, and the entire packs handling of Peter, only Jean's parents seem to have any sort of encouragement to helping Peter out, "Be Sarah's best friend!" as her mother put it, but even that I've yet to see anybody sit down with Peter and even offer suggestions on what or what not to try in helping Sarah adjust

And yes, they are all humans, even in the case of Con with his ticker scar its clearly evident they age/get diseases like humans. They are just magic endowed human's, does that make them a completely different species? No, they are quite human, they just shapechange, which makes pack members like Peter's Parents or Gus Cramer even more glaringly throwback and not upstanding citizens that people, be it human's or human's embed with magic like the were's are should be

On a side note to what Usdom said "The reason you have children is to have bigger/stronger children is because of genetics" doesn't make sense, Sarah is all but a stick figure as a human, but 12ft tall and can bench press a tank as a were, -where- exactly was the pre-cursors to Sarah's were condition, because it wasn't genetics, it was magic, which FURTHER makes no sense as Sarah was a human being that had -NO- magic abilities, Peter, having very little magic abilities, suddenly Sarah is endowed with incredible magic powers?

This just leads me to believe that when it comes to human genetics profiling, yes, two tall burly people will most likely have big tall burly children, but when it comes to were's, its not based on the two were's magical attributes, its based on the singular persons affinity too or against the were magic ability in my understanding

Also Usdom, I dunno what I did to you, but you really dislike me for some reason. I am quite aware of how real life works. You seem to think that all people live for glory, power, domination, a statement I find grossly wrong in its entirety

We all do things selfish, but we all (At least I hope all) do things that arn't monetary or selfish either. We drive home in a car we work hard for, paid for by money you worked hard for, but you stop to help somebody who got stuck in a snowbank to get their car out. There was no monetary reward for it, you didn't do it for yourself, you did it for somebody else.

I tend to do things for people cause it makes me feel good. I fixed a PC last week for 6 hours of work for $100, two days later the person messed up his PC trying to hook it up to his TV, I drove out to his house, spending my gas money, hooked up his computer to his TV, showed him how to use it, showed him how to use his PC through his TV, and left without being paid.

Could I have charged him? My dad thought I should have charged him, but it wasn't a PC problem, it was just a little thing, and it felt good to help him out

Not all things we do in life are about monetary, political or social gain, some things we just do cause we like to see people smile.
Aticston
Button popping

Postby cawsking555 » Sun May 23, 2010 1:53 pm

look up
Hers a answer in a nutshell did anyone have a block puzzle when they were kids like this one
fallow link for the pic

http://image2.dhgate.com/upload/20088/3 ... 936049.jpg

Peter had a full cube this is magic. Sarah had the cube wich was empty.
Peter had a block and gave a Sarah a block so whe put the block in to the cube that was empty. Peter had an extra block; this is magic. So when they mated peters block went into Sarah cube and the block expanded because of her “Ego”. The “Ego” fuelled the cube to expand to fit the new block in her DNA. This DNA block is the were potential “you must fine someone’s post it shod be in last year of posts for the expiration of wherein”.
Last edited by cawsking555 on Sun May 30, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cawsking555
Mountain climbing

Postby Usdom » Mon May 24, 2010 9:15 am

Wow, I wrote that.. Ok.. Well..

I had food poisoning. I don't even remember making these posts. I really do apologize I normally keep the nerd-rage to a minimum but my avatar is a bear for a reason. I have anger issues. Some time between passing out in my bed, vomiting in my toilet, and soaking in cold water to get my temperature down, I must have went online to save the internet and ended up here.

Really, really, sorry.
Geeze..
Who ever this total stranger is that I ripped into like he was a T-bone steak, I really do apologize. I.. yeah.. wow..
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Usdom
Mountain climbing

Postby Northwolf » Mon May 24, 2010 9:50 am

People tend to do things they wouldn't normally do when they're sick. I'm normally a very calm person, but one day I when I had pneumonia, I told my boss where to go when he called telling me I couldn't take the day off sick.

The pack mentality in Peter is the Wolf is actually very similar to that of a wild wolf pack. In a pack of wild wolves, if a wolf screws up big time, they are either killed or kicked out of the pack. Life as a solitary wolf is hard and is pretty much a death sentence. Either way, a screw up would not be able to produce any offspring. A minor mistake usually leads to being kicked further down the totem pole of pack hierarchy.
Peter's position of Omega wolf makes him the pack punching bag as well as the comic relief. Frustrated? Go beat on the Omega, you'll feel better. Still, being pushed around by stronger wolves is far better than being a solitary wolf as you're still guaranteed a regular meal, and protection of the pack.
Northwolf
Sweater stretching

Postby Fionn the Otaku » Tue May 25, 2010 1:27 am

Fionn the Otaku
Bodice ripping

Postby tHEfOOL » Tue May 25, 2010 3:07 am

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Fionn the Otaku » Wed May 26, 2010 10:46 am

Fionn the Otaku
Bodice ripping

Postby Usdom » Wed May 26, 2010 1:55 pm

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Usdom
Mountain climbing

Postby tHEfOOL » Wed May 26, 2010 1:58 pm

tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Usdom » Wed May 26, 2010 2:00 pm

~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Usdom
Mountain climbing

Postby Fionn the Otaku » Wed May 26, 2010 10:27 pm

Fionn the Otaku
Bodice ripping

Postby Usdom » Wed May 26, 2010 11:22 pm

~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Usdom
Mountain climbing

Postby Kaeto » Thu May 27, 2010 12:33 am

Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby tHEfOOL » Thu May 27, 2010 1:57 am

tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kaeto » Thu May 27, 2010 6:06 am

Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Usdom » Thu May 27, 2010 9:48 am

~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Usdom
Mountain climbing

Postby tHEfOOL » Thu May 27, 2010 12:32 pm

tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Previous

Return to Peter is the Wolf