[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 234 (6-15-2011)

Page 234 (6-15-2011)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 234 (6-15-2011)

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:31 am

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Weltall84 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:59 am

The power of evil compels me!
Weltall84
Sweater stretching

Postby Happygun » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:29 pm

And now...for a pan-sexual adventure across time!!!
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Ganthan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:54 pm

Ok, I'm not getting the gen audience version. What are shrines and when have we ever dealt with them before?

What's Carla trying to say? "I have a medicine bag on display out of tradition but I'm an atheist." That doesn't even make sense.

I mean, kudos to her for being an atheist and all, but this sounds like some exclusive werewolf cultural tradition that we're only now being let in on. Also, what exactly is this thing Rebecca has of her mother's that Gus let her keep?

Edit: Damn typos
Last edited by Ganthan on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Henpecked » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Carla has a native American heritage, so she's probably talking about the sort of thing a medicine man would have.

I think it's interesting how the general and adult pages are going in two very different directions - tender and dramatic on one side, good ol' sexing on the other.
Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:09 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:27 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:08 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kaeto » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:30 pm

Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Paka Ruri Kaila » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:43 pm

sticks and stones
may break my bones
but whips and chains
excite me

screw double damn, my cups are fuckers
Never say never it likes to bite you in the ass
Paka Ruri Kaila
Bodice ripping

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:47 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:50 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Ohhh. So Butch isn't referring to a shrine dedicated to her mother.

She's referring to a shrine of some specific religious belief of her family's that belonged to her mother that she keeps with Gus's permission because he's too great and powerful to worship some other divinity (dripping with sarcasm) and thus has no need of it, which is important to her because it gives her something to turn to for moments of respite in her abusive relationship with her father.

Carla, being an atheist, does not have a shrine, but she brings up her family's medicine bag because although she does not believe in the spirituality surrounding it, it is an old and valuable relic of her family's history, just like Butch's mother's shrine.

Sorry about that, but when you grow up surrounded by nothing else besides Christianity, Atheism and everything between those two, stuff like this doesn't come naturally.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Aticston » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:41 pm

And here I was worried that were-Sarah's bust reduction was permanent, seeing as its been reduced for the last while

Now its back to proper size! Horay! =3

I'm easy to please sometimes ;D
Aticston
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:59 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Slacker Spice » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Slacker Spice
Sweater stretching

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:19 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Slacker Spice » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Slacker Spice
Sweater stretching

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:31 am

And said medicine bag wouldn't be an heirloom, per se. You'd make one, or more than one for yourself. Another person's lucky stuff wouldn't be passed on to another, it'd lack context.

Head to a powwow at your nearest college. I really should head back to one. Yeah, they have costume ones, little more than charms, but the placebo effect of having something on hand can often help.

Jack is leaning less and less agnostic, more towards "believing, but these shmucks can't be right.".

Any said belief is based on there must be some audience, somewhere that is looking in on his life and laughing it's ass off.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Henpecked » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Ganthan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:23 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Travelerr » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:10 pm

I'm sure you're entitled to your opinion. The problem is I don't care.
Travelerr
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:14 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Paka Ruri Kaila » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:26 pm

sticks and stones
may break my bones
but whips and chains
excite me

screw double damn, my cups are fuckers
Never say never it likes to bite you in the ass
Paka Ruri Kaila
Bodice ripping