[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - On were-jackals...

On were-jackals...

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

On were-jackals...

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:27 pm

While considering material for a filler thing suggested by Ben, I've learned something new about the PitW world.

The main reason there is no were-housecat variety is that in no biome is the housecat (or, in the wild, the Egyptian desert cat) an apex predator. Even in the desert from whence it came, it is outdone by the fox, the wolf, and the jackal.

I've had that in mind for ages, but only today did I realize that, for the very reason I just mentioned, there are- or rather WERE- werejackals.

They have been extinct for not less than twelve hundred years, possibly as many as sixteen hundred years.

There are a lot more details about them, but they will wait for use in the aforementioned filler.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: On were-jackals...

Postby Happygun » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:29 pm

I'm guessing they'll be featured in some cautionary tale that is suppose to demonstrate what might happen if lycanthropes revealed themselves or got too close to humans.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:02 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Skullking » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:36 pm

If it is true closest thing in existence to them that still might be around are skinwalkers.
but i don't think the two should be mixed up do to the fact skinwalkers aren't really considered weres aka lycanthrops.
Last edited by Skullking on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
um ya i don't care if i'm crazy that's what makes me interesting and not boring like you normal people.
Skullking
Just getting started

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:09 am

I'd mention one of the more annoying things about any Zoanthrope "purges" would be, the fervor doesn't play out before numbers. Yeah, a pack of a dozen wolves might be found out and killed in some village, along with three times that number in normal humans, killed for suspicion of being a were.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:27 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Return to Peter is the Wolf