[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 243 (9-21-2011)

Page 243 (9-21-2011)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 243 (9-21-2011)

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:38 pm

Yes. This is the first time Sarah has actually been told all of this. (It was said in her presence once before, but her attention was on... other things.)
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 243 (9-21-2011)

Postby Henpecked » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:43 pm

Adult page just hs the GA page twice.

Awesome to see that Sarah is finally starting to "get it". I have a feeling that's going to go a long way towards her figuring out how to keep SarahWuff in check.
Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:50 pm

Gah, the jacket! :shock: That's an iconic part of Peter's look, you know.

Sarah's displaying the appropriate reaction if it is the first thing she's heard of it. With this and the recent events she has to be able to tell how much of an impact this has had on Peter as well as her. However I'm not sure if she's going to be sympathetic to Peter since his life was on the line or realize that he put her life on the line too (admittedly by accident). Depending on how she takes it this could be either good or bad for their relationship.

I was kind of surprised to see Peter lay things out so matter-of-factly but that's a good change from the typical romantic-comedy setup of no one ever just explaining misunderstandings.

As a side note Kris I caught the Podcast for the first time (thanks for the shout out) and I definitely recommend everyone on the boards check it out! You're surprisingly professional in your presentation, it's much better put together and executed than a lot of other podcasts I've listened to.

Edit: Henpecked finished typing before me, I only caught the GA page as well on the adult side but with BAR-1's art issues just figured it was the only page. Is there another page?
ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Henpecked » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Only one page this week (and for what's left of Book 2). I just forgot to take the line of code out that puts both adult "today" and gen-aud "today" on the adult page.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:14 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:46 am

Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby stormydragon » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:40 am

This is probably the best done page in several weeks, good job. My one criticism is that the "glomp" sound effect doesn't really fit the rather downbeat feel.
stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby Toast » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:40 pm

Comic juxtaposition, baby. Chicks dig it.
Toast
Bodice ripping

Postby Henpecked » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:27 am

I just noticed an interesting choice of words in the last panel, as Peter says that there are consequences if the thrall becomes "too dangerous to the secret to live".

Does this mean that werewolf lore (not the Peter's pack specifically, of course) is OK with a thrall potentially killing humans as long as it doesn't put the secret at risk? Granted, I doubt the pack in the comic would take kindly to it, and I bet packs of long ago probably would rather not have dead bodies to explain away, but still.
Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:00 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:46 pm

I can't help but wonder that if Sarah had genuinely understood this stuff a couple months earlier she would have made a bit more of an effort than she had at learning to control herself. I'm noticing that not explaining things seems to be a bad habit trend of this pack. Peter is not told sex can transmit lycanthropy, and Sarah is not told that endangering the secret can lead to your death.

On my personal list of pet peeves about the world, I think lack of explanations is at the top. So many problems occur that could easily be solved or have been prevented if things had just been properly explained. It's especially annoying for guys like me who suffer from a substantial lack of analytical ability. I'm one of those guys who needs pretty much EVERYTHING explained to him, though I make up for that somewhat with a nearly photographic memory.

I don't know what it is about so many people that makes them not want to explain stuff even when asked. They'll view it as either a challenge of wills or think they need to try to preserve my pride by insisting that I figure it out for myself.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:03 pm

A culture that is, by its very nature, insular and steeped in secrecy, does not have much time for explanations.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Rey » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:31 pm

I think the death penalty subject would be a rather big pill for a new werewolf to swallow. Recall how her transformations are still largely dictated by extreme emotional states. Sarah's probably just getting to where she can learn this kind of thing without the fight-or-flight kicking in right away.
Rey
Feeling strange

Postby Travelerr » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:45 pm

It might be, but also remember these laws and rules they have... these have come and developed out of necessity. So for an outsider to hear of them.. Well Its the natural way learning about the why's and hows. I'm certain that there are probably a few history lessons that will come to surface and explain how and why they've had to be so careful. What I'm -really- interested in is the world war two bit of their history. Remember Hitler had interest int he occult. You can't tell me the thought of werewolves didn't come up.
I'm sure you're entitled to your opinion. The problem is I don't care.
Travelerr
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:38 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Skullking » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:55 pm

sigh i cant wait till the next one.
um ya i don't care if i'm crazy that's what makes me interesting and not boring like you normal people.
Skullking
Just getting started

Postby cawsking555 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:36 am

um rammstein is a group of weres
Migi! Yame nasai! Sore wa oroka da. Hijō ni oroka na tashika ni! Chotto ii aidea toshite, ima anata ga tada oroka na ensō; kuria OUT o, LOT pōrando no anata no iru ofu kaishi!
cawsking555
Mountain climbing

Postby Ganthan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:17 am

I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:11 am

Possibly most noticeable in their song that's a brownie recipe.

But yeah, Detroit Fanfare managed to be less lucrative and more physically draining than InterventionCon. I didn't manage to break even at a local.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Travelerr » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:30 am

One love that There was a good chunk of history there. I LOVE that kind of stuff. Two, damn Bar that sucks man. Hopefully some commishes come in to help pad the wallet and ease things.

As for me, like I said I love weres, love the history bits too. So theres tons left for me to see. As well as naughty fun, sweet sweet naughty fun :P
I'm sure you're entitled to your opinion. The problem is I don't care.
Travelerr
Button popping

Postby Anodyne » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:39 pm

Anodyne
Just getting started

Return to Peter is the Wolf