[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Peter's Father: Smothered?

Peter's Father: Smothered?

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Peter's Father: Smothered?

Postby Monfang » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:34 am

I was recently looking though the Trope page for Peter is the Wolf and I noticed something rather odd to me.

It said that Peter's Father, who's name I can never remember, was hard pressed as a child by his grandmother ", who raised him, being a very overbearing, alpha personality who crushed his hopes and dreams of going to college and playing football out of some sort of misguided desire to control him like she couldn't control his father."

First off, this reminds me of Lust from the Webcomic Jack though not that horrible. Second, I don't remember reading that in the comic itself. Was it a piece of the dialog that I missed or something?

And it said his wife is just that bad which I think its due to the psychological condition where sons try to find wives like their moms or something. Though personally I think it's more of keeping the 'Big Bad Wolf' under control.

Anyway, did I miss something or is the Trope page knowing of something that hasn't been told yet?
Monfang
Button popping

Re: Peter's Father: Smothered?

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:42 am

The Trope page may be picking up on tidbits dropped here, or may be confusing the term.

To clarify from memory, which may be faulty: Walt comes from a long and distinguished line of werewolves noted for strength and leadership. His father was one of the early challengers Con Nero had to take down, and eventually that takedown was of the permanent kind. Walt's mother was a bit on the pushy side so far as getting Walt to seek the leadership himself. The rest of their relationship I don't know exactly, except to say that Walt's parents were very conservative in both human and were senses of the word.

Sally, also from a long and distinguished pedigree associated with leadership, deliberately sought out Walt because he was strong and thus, apparently, destined for leadership. She prefers to control without directly confronting, which I suppose counts as "smothering," except that Walt really needs it- he is just that stupid. She is a lot more intelligent, but has some definite blind spots, among which is the presumption that "we stick to our own kind," which is why she never told Peter about sex as a lycanthropic transmission vector.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Monfang » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:56 pm

Ah.. Alright. Guess I did miss that subtle clue.

Maybe it was in one of the Omakes.((sp?)) I've noticed that a few of them aren't where they should be.
Monfang
Button popping

Postby Black_Mantha » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:17 am

I hadn't encountered it on the forum before either, and I trawled through all of Bar and Kris's posts when I made my index.

...and ponies.
Black_Mantha
Button popping

Postby blackjackel » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:35 pm

Kris when you say "we stick to our own kind," exactly what do you mean by that?
blackjackel
Sweater stretching

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:17 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Monfang » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Monfang
Button popping

Postby blackjackel » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:12 pm

If walt is decended from great alpha why the hell is he so damn stupid?Did the inbreeding in his family effect his intelligents like it effected peter growth or did he take a few too many knocks to the head from con nero?
blackjackel
Sweater stretching

Postby Monfang » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:32 am

Monfang
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:35 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Fionn the Otaku » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:02 am

Fionn the Otaku
Bodice ripping

Postby Black_Mantha » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:17 am

...and ponies.
Black_Mantha
Button popping