[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 282 (12-19-2012)

Page 282 (12-19-2012)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 282 (12-19-2012)

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:51 pm

First: sorry this posted late. I didn't get the page until first thing this morning, and just as I was sitting down to do the update, I got word that my grandmother's brother, who has been in the hospital these last two weeks, was failing. We rushed to the hospital, but it takes nearly an hour and a half each way, and for all purposes it was too late when we got the phone call. We've spent the rest of the day beginning the arrangements for the funeral.

Second, there's a gag here which just did not work out- poor scripting on my part. I had intended the sign to be like 2001, except the 1 was replaced with a solid black ice cream cone. Ben and I will discuss whether or not to go back and catch that. As for the marquee, that came from something Ben forwarded to me.

Finally, after seeing the art, it clicked on me: yes, Butch is going to suffer some consequences for this. But first other things are going to happen. Think of this as domino #1, or possibly step A in a Rube Goldberg device.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 282 (12-19-2012)

Postby Happygun » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:45 pm

...Oh dear, are we going to do the "transforms whenever she sneezes" shtick?

Also, it seems like Butch is getting stupider/more selfish/more desperate. Exposing Sarah to a werewolf hunter in public is a class A threat to Teh Secretz. Plus, it involves possible murder by proxy. Her previous plan was a bit sneakier and less dangerous.

Also also, JEAN PONY!

Also, also also, my sympathies for your great uncle.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby stormydragon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:48 pm

stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby stormydragon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Another thought: Lee is Gus's patsy.

If the pack knows there is a hunter in the immediate vicinity, if pack members start dying it's going to be assumed that the hunter was responsible. So Gus lures a hunter into the area, make sure everyone finds out about it (which Butch unintentionally is about to do by sparking a public brawl), and then start knocking off his rivals in the pack, making the hunter take all of the blame for it.
stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:51 pm

Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby cawsking555 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:02 pm

rolls a d20 rang 100ft wind speed 1mh rolls a 1 miss but it keeps going and hits Mr.Stebbins and he starts sneezing.
Migi! Yame nasai! Sore wa oroka da. Hijō ni oroka na tashika ni! Chotto ii aidea toshite, ima anata ga tada oroka na ensō; kuria OUT o, LOT pōrando no anata no iru ofu kaishi!
cawsking555
Mountain climbing

Postby koryu » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:09 am

I was hoping up to this page that that was not another Butch plot to get Peter away from Sarah. I had initially assumed that the hunter's appearance was related to the call Gus made back at the end of book two, so It is really unfortunate to see Becca tossing away another chance after what she's been offered by the more caring (Dare I say maternal?), members of the pack, primarily Jean's mother.

However, the writer and the artist are very skilled at bringing the humor out of such a situation instead of wallowing in drama, so I have not given up hope ^_^
koryu
Just getting started

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:16 am

Oh, we've been bouncing ideas back & forth on humor for a while now. And I've been listening a lot to the Adam Carolla podcast.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby wysiwyg » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:33 am

I guess this will need to be resolved with an arranged marriage. Rebecca Cramer and Werewolf Hunter Lee Stebbins. :mrgreen:
wysiwyg
Button popping

Postby Kaeto » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Oh now you're asking for loads of trouble!
Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Henpecked » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:18 am

The Moral Event Horizon. Butch has crossed it.
Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Return to Peter is the Wolf