[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - "What If?" Thread

"What If?" Thread

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

"What If?" Thread

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:42 pm

Inspired by where Kris got a lot of question he didn't want to answer, this is a chance for the forum to explore their own ideas for Peter is the Wolf. Post your own scenario and write what you think would happen to the one posted before. Here's an example:

Scenario: "What if PitW took place in Canada?"

Response: "Werewolves have more forest for bigger Howls. Most of the storyline plays out the same, but Con is a Mountie instead of a sheriff and there are more "ehs". Peter losing his pants is a lot more uncomfortable in the cold; jokes are made. Filler art involving Jean and maple syrup happens."

Feel free to respond to more than one idea if you want, but please only post one at a time.

Here's one to kick us off:

"What if Peter is the Wolf was done by ?"
ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Re: "What If?" Thread

Postby Kaeto » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:21 pm

The readership promptly throws up and deletes any and all links to the comic.
Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Black_Mantha » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:59 am

I think you've got to think about what it would be like if it was that way from the beginning.

...well, all I can say about that is that someone has to be into that.

...and ponies.
Black_Mantha
Button popping

Postby satorui » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:34 pm

What if some mad scientist accidentally ripped open a portal to a world where Lycanthropes are the majority or least one where they never had to hide?
satorui
Feeling strange

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:49 pm

Okay, fun with alternate universes time - Instead of the modern era, PitW is set in the Georgian/Revolutionary/Regency. Who, or what, are the characters now?

Look, It's not just Bloody Jack, Sharpe's War, Temeraire and Aubrey/Maturin. I've listened to the lengthy historical non-fiction book, The War for All the Oceans, From Nelson at the Nile to Napoleon at Waterloo; the even lengthier The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling; and the play She Stoops to Conquer (Via AudioBookSync.com check them out for the remainder of their summer program, if you hadn't heard of them already. Each week, free YA audiobook literature.) Dunno why, just kinda got that era on the brain.

Changing names along the established Discworld conventions are acceptable.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Re: Character Reactions Thread

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:49 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:35 am

I do like how quickly Kris can spin a new story & circumstance out of the same plot and characters. One can already imagine a few of the jokes playing out.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Peter is the Wolf is instead-a Musical. What are the titles of the ten core songs in the book?

look, they almost made a musical out of BatMan, and tried to make one out of SpiderMan. weirder stuff has happened.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:32 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Folks... That wad HALF an hour for him to come up with those, and half, like "No Such Thing As Bad Publicity" you can almost hum the tune by reading the title.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby rdfox » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:01 am

Why do I expect that there would be a minisong (possibly used as part of "Got a Little Gift") that would sound suspiciously similar to Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On" for Sarah's flashback to her and Peter's first time together?

Also, I'm somehow imagining every single sex scene being done, to some degree, in the style of Grand Opera, where, as Anna Russell put it, "You can do ANYTHING, so long as you SING it." So yeah, full-on unsimulated sex scenes... with the participants singing about what they're feeling the whole time. (Now THAT'S acting! :D )

...now that I think of it, that could actually be *really* interesting, to be honest, with many different contrasting musical styles as moods change, intermeshing beautifully. (Imagine, for example, when Butch tries to rape Peter, how each would be singing something VERY different, with Peter's being fear and horror with a *hint* of arousal--she IS physically attractive, and he IS an 18-year-old male, so there would be an undertone there along with the shock, fear, horror, and helplessness--while Butch's would start as a combination of arousal and triumph that would then slide into shock and horror at what she's doing before she bails out. Doing this all in a single, cohesive duet that gets across the feelings? That's the sort of thing that a composer would consider a masterwork, right there!)

The one thing I'd say, though, is that you'd need to make sure that Sarahwuff doesn't have songs, per se, at least until she gets enough control to be able to start speaking (even a little) in wuff form, to avoid the sort of disconnect you get in Rocky Horror where Rocky is introduced with a great song ("Sword of Damocles"), but then never really speaks in any form but some grunts for the rest of the show. She might have music, but it'd have to be either instrumental, or just have wuff-noises as lyrics to make it less jarring that she doesn't speak in wuff mode for the majority of the show. (That said, having human-Sarah's actress follow Sarahwuff around and sing *her* thoughts, as a stage version of the "chibi-Sarah on the wuff's shoulder" trope, would be a way around that...)
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
rdfox
Button popping

Postby Fionn the Otaku » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:37 pm

What if Peter is the Wolf took place in the old/wild west era?
Fionn the Otaku
Bodice ripping

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:31 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:43 pm

Ah, but would Peter need a new nickname this time around? "The (something here) Kid" or the like.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:47 pm

AH!!! Peter is the Wolf and Trigun crossover! Madness!
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Fionn the Otaku » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:48 pm

Fionn the Otaku
Bodice ripping

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 pm

Okay, time to throw another one at Kris. This time, the era is the mid- 1950s to early 1960s, and instead of the forested midwest, the location is beachside Cali.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:43 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:33 am

i was thinking of the Frankie & Annette, "Beach Blanket Bingo" (and it's many imitators, like Horror of Party Beach & Catalina Caper, as seen on MST3K) style fare of that era. But as long as there's surf, sun & vacationers, Hawaii could work just as well. Of course, that period in Hawaii would mean Sarah would be critically susceptible to mere mention of a He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Her and many other shrieking girls. A He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named who's fond of peanut butter & banana sandwiches. Uh-huh-huh.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Les » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:56 am

What If....?

The story takes place in India, about 1939-1944. Carla Goodwin is now Indian-indian rather than Native-American, and a Were-Tiger, all other cast-members have their ancestry and were-species suitably adjusted to make plausible a long-term living condition in India during this time period.

What's Next?
Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:34 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:42 pm

Now, you send that a century back, and we could, at least use Flashman and the Mountain of Lightas a point of reference.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Les » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:24 pm

Okay then.

What If the comic takes place in 1985? :D
Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:51 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby cawsking555 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:29 pm

OK a what if thread
what if ther was a animated tv show called "the big breasted werewolf" showing on Saturday morning cartoons wold the cast watch it
Migi! Yame nasai! Sore wa oroka da. Hijō ni oroka na tashika ni! Chotto ii aidea toshite, ima anata ga tada oroka na ensō; kuria OUT o, LOT pōrando no anata no iru ofu kaishi!
cawsking555
Mountain climbing

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf