[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 318 (12-4-2013)

Page 318 (12-4-2013)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 318 (12-4-2013)

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Here.

I'm going to sit here in the quiet now, after relatives set off the smoke alarms twice in the same day.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 318 (12-4-2013)

Postby Happygun » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:45 pm

...Y'know, I get he's otherwise a decent fellow and that there are a lot of religious fanatics far, far worse than him, but someone who justifies murder like that has no place in this world. I don't care if all werewolves are evil in his private little reality - he should be smarter than that. Here's hoping Lee suffers a horrible, humiliating demise/fate.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Henpecked » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Realize, though, that to someone like Lee a werewolf is a monster regardless of the form they're in. Not to excuse the actions in any way, just shedding some light on why Lee is reacting this way.

Why do I get the sense that things are going to get REALLY chaotic in the next few pages.
Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby ShadowMage » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:46 pm

In light of the fact that Sarah just went into all-out crazy wolf mode over thinking about how Butch tried to take Peter away from her, I get the feeling that any second now, Sarah "I'm-still-having-a-lot-of-trouble-controlling-my-impulses-in-wolf-form-and-I'm-upset-over-the-thought-of-losing-Peter-and-now-there's-some-arrogant-scrawny-little-blonde(?)-shit-trying-to-kill-him" Hazen is going to blindside Lee and smash the ever-living crap out of him.

(inb4 someone mentions that other weres are forbidden to interfere when a werewolf hunter goes after a were: Like I said, it's Sarah "(yadda yadda yadda)-still-having-a-lot-of-trouble-controlling-my-impulses-in-wolf-form-(yadda yadda yadda)" Hazen. Rules or no rules, in the state of mind that Sarah's in while in wolf form, protecting Peter is probably going to be an instinct for her, and she doesn't exactly have the ability to think clearly and consider circumstances like the aforementioned rules when in wolf form.)

TL;DR

*points at Lee* Hulk-- err, Sarah? SMASH!!
Whenever I see bar-1, all I can think is... how the f**k is it even possible to abuse Sierra Mist? I mean, maybe with AMP or Red Bull, but... what was I talking about?

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' never tried slamming a revolving door.
ShadowMage
Button popping

Postby Ganthan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:01 pm

My initial reaction to this week's strip was total hatred for Lee. While this revelation will be of no surprise to , it actually IS a surprise to ME.

I was convinced that if I actually observed Lee showing SOME amount of humanity or kindness that I would start to ease up on hating him so much. Well, that isn't what happened. That display of friendliness towards Peter before he realized who he was just made me hate him MORE.

I think I've put Lee in a place where hating him is the only thing I can do, and anything he may say or do just makes it worse, regardless of what it is. Gus Cramer doesn't even upset me as much Lee does.

Surely this can't be rational or healthy?
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:06 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:26 pm

I just noticed that somewhat wolfy figure looming in the window in that last panel. Just who in the world could that be?

I also like the totally frazzled faces Jean is sporting. "Gotta... thing... place... move... thingy..."
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:48 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:04 pm

I find it interesting that, despite being ostensibly the most promiscuous character in PitW, Jean has had very few, if any, sexual encounters since the beginning of the story. Apart from the dalliance with Noah (which wasn't even shown) all of her lays so far have been imaginary. Sexual frustration much?
Happygun

Postby JnEricsonx » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:35 pm

I happily volunteer to help Jean out! Just write in a one in a million human character who happens to be immune to lycanthropy. :)
JnEricsonx
Sweater stretching

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:58 pm

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:10 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:05 pm

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:10 am

As for my listening material right now.. Wow. This is a kick-@$$ series.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:29 pm

It is, but the quality dips in the later books as the author tries to juggle too many intertwining plots. It was better when it had a tighter focus.
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:50 am

Yeah, on book 2 right now. There may be Silva/Risa fanart on the way...
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:38 pm

Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Worse still.. This could be the second "Meet Cute" this chapter to go horribly wrong.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Return to Peter is the Wolf