[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 381 (Book 4 pg. 3)

Page 381 (Book 4 pg. 3)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Page 381 (Book 4 pg. 3)

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:11 pm

I got this page just too late last week for me to have time to update before I had to leave for Coastcon.

But this week Padunk has the flu, so I guess it worked out.

We're about done setting the scene; next week things begin happening, starting with the introduction of two new (but minor) characters.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Page 381 (Book 4 pg. 3)

Postby ShadowMage » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:30 am

*takes one look at all the characters in this new style*

*deep inhale*

KRIS, IT DOESN'T WORK. IT DOES NOT WORK.

I'm sorry, i-it just doesn't. None of the characters look right in this style. They look... unnatural. And not in a good way.
Whenever I see bar-1, all I can think is... how the f**k is it even possible to abuse Sierra Mist? I mean, maybe with AMP or Red Bull, but... what was I talking about?

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' never tried slamming a revolving door.
ShadowMage
Button popping

Postby Okichobi » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:00 am

Yeah sorry folks but I'm soooooo fucking done.

Look, I've been with PITW for an obscenely long time. I was here for page one and apparently I was here to watch the comic end too. I have no interest in following Padunks attempt at matching a comic that had a completely different feel and while the story may stay the same this radical change of looks is far too much for me. I bought book one, may buy book two, donated countless amounts of money over the years, but yeah I'm out.

Sorry folks, as far as I'm concerned the story ends on the hunter boy leaving, his sister eventually joining Peter's harem, Rapey-McWonderBitch finally finding how to cope with shit, her dad getting killed and literally nobody caring, and the rest of the cast that nobody has ever really been invested in continuing their lives.

It was a fun journey while it lasted Kris but eh.. It sucked but I was fine getting a page a month because the series still felt proper; I'll come back if you manage to find someway to get Bar back.

Padunk this isn't an attack on you per-se, I want to make that clear. You can't take something you literally grew up with from a school age and then watch as the entire personality of the art changes. You do you friend, make the comic to the best of your abilities, but I'm out.
Okichobi
Just getting started

Postby Ganthan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:26 am

Sheesh, settle down people. I think the new art style looks fine. In fact, the quality has been improving over the course of these three pages. I also remind you that we have yet to even see any action heavy or sexy scenes. Ben's art was heavy on the memes and references so maybe Padunk's style will make events easier to follow. At this point the story is more important to me anyway.

Tl;dr I'm fine with the new artist so far.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby JohnPR » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:09 pm

Oh good back to main characters. I assume that the two unknown characters are Noah's sister and mother. Looking forward to their wereforms and interactions with the main three. The art is fine and character models change over time if you care to compare the start of the comic with where it was last so I am not worried. Now enjoy the story and wait for the sexy times....... Is the sister going to seduce Peter just to annoy Noah and get with Sarah? Damn you overactive imagination now I have unfounded hopes and fantasies.
JohnPR
Just getting started

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:16 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Henpecked » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:05 pm

I'll wait until there's some action and dialogue before condemning the new art style offhand.

I mean, it's not like BAR-1's style didn't have its own flaws. Jack's facial structure probably changed about seven times over the course of the comic.
Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Furelise » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:45 am

Any word from bar1? He's been pretty quiet since he got kicked out. I'd like to know his feelings on the situation. An apology wouldn't hurt either....
Furelise
Feeling strange

Postby ClockTickRobot » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:52 pm

Its worth noting that most webcomics change artists at least once in their run anyway, if the artist and the author are two different people. Granted, most webcomics are drawn and written by the same person, but it not like swapping artists is unheard of. Is this the only webcomic you guys read or something?

Padunk's style is considerably different, but at this point it doesn't bother me so much. The comic slowed down so much earlier that I had accepted it as dead, so I guess its not a hard leap for me to think of this as a sequel or second attempt or whatever. I guess you could say the art is too "contemporary" or whatever but come on, its not a radical shift in style like some comics I could mention have undergone.

Just as an aside Kris, you and Padunk might want to set aside some time to finish like two or three pages ahead of time so the comic can still update if you miss a day. Dunno if that's practical with your schedule but it could keep the whining down when you miss one.
ClockTickRobot
Feeling strange

Postby Happygun » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:32 am

Seriously, everyone, give the new artist a chance! It's only been a handful of strips.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Ganthan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:16 am

Padunk also has galleries on Furaffinity and Deviantart with a wide variety of nice fleshy work. I have faith that she'll do just fine.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Return to Peter is the Wolf