[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Some questions...

Some questions...

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

eh, well , it aint pretty...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:41 am

I hate to be te devil's advocate but , they probably would have "put her down" for safety reasons...

I mean to have a situation you cannot controll is bad enough , but tack on about 450Lbs. of muscle , boob , id , impulse , fur , and libido and well you can see where the problem escalates into near event horizon like status!

there probably wouldnt even have been a vote , let alone a chance for Peter an Sarah to "work their way" through this problem in the first place...

Of course Kris isnt some morbid , gurochan fanboy...

Far from it.

I in my time alive have , yet to meet someone so upbeat and genunely happy about "spinning a funny yarn"...

And thus we as fans get a inteligent and genunely funny take on the usualy morbid and depressing saga of a werewolf and pack...

Besides , if the story happened one year earlier , well it would be rather short and more than a little depressing...
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:06 am

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby K-MacK » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:50 pm

[quote="Kris@WLP]And besides, you haven't seen the lie yet. }:-{D )[/quote]

Well, lets see: She's been living at home. Her parents probably know about Peter, if in no other sense that she was coaching him on his Math. Perhaps they are aware that she's "seeing" him...maybe not...
She will probably be taking Wolfsbane to control some of her transformations...but that stuff is "Bad-news Neurotoxic"...and I suspect that even a Werewolf can't live on the stuff... (it's cumulative).
And ONLY in fiction would anyone ever think of consuming Wolf's-Bane:
Taking Wolf's-Bane WILL cause you to come down with a bad case of DEAD! (and not a nice case, either)
Even Peter only took it occasionally (per Story).

Knowing Kris: This is gonna be a LuLu of a Mis-direction (Lie is too plain). Ahhh...Kris, you're too darn good at this! Once again I can hardly wait!
This is gonna be so-o-o-o good! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Happygun » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:31 pm

Happygun

Postby Queen of Night » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:28 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:39 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Queen of Night » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:47 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:10 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Thinking, Thinki-n--g--z-zzzzzz

Postby K-MacK » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:23 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

lies and the ilk...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:19 pm

As someone who can relate , I will let it be known that I realy hate to fabricate any lie , but if it is to protect anyone I know or care for , then I can lie as well as any demon in hell...

I have , in the past and undoubtably in the future , have had to lie to protect the well-being of my tribe and close personal friends , I hate to have to do it but when the potential outcome is the death of a loved one , one realy dosent have to much time to listen to ones' own morals...

Lies on a grander scale are just a slightly "more beefed up " version of this menality...just think back to Star Trek , ( gods I'm letting my geekdom show now! :oops: ) Spock said " The needs of the many out-weigh the needs of the one " basicaly if it means putting myself in harms way to protect those I deem as close to me , then I will do so without hesitation.

Of course , in the whole spirit of this comic it wont be anywhere near this "dramatic" , rather it will lead to some potentialy funny moments and will probably be used as a slight plot device to toss around some great humor... :wink:

Of course , that's just my view on things as a whole...
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:43 am

Think of their "sticking together" economically to be similar to most ethnic groups in America. Back inteh day, Irish used to frequent Irish-only buinesses... then it was the Italians, now it's the Arabs.

Odd thing is, Almost anyone can be a werewolf and it wouldn't be known, unless you're a werewolf. Their ability to smell each other out... (The Poodle Twins refer to is as "Wolf-Dar") makes it easy to recognize another lycan almost anywhere (very handy on roadtrips).
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:48 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:17 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:09 pm

AAAHHHH! She is the destroyer of worlds!!
Happygun

Postby manx » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:23 pm

I have a feeling if something dramatic happened in a PITW comic, something equally ironic and humerous would occur. Kind of like cause and effect.
manx
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:01 am

Here are a few more questions - ones less likely to imperil the current story line and/or offend people.

1) Assuming the PitW universe features furries, have there been any, ahem, interesting encounters between furries and werewolves? I'm guessing werewolves' attitute towards them ranges from amusement, to pity, to extreme discomfort. Much how the original Star Trek cast views trekkies, strangely enough.

2) How potent is the lycanthropic power of regeneration?* We've seen that especially robust specimens (Sarah) can shrug off major damage to the heart, but what about the central nervous system? Damage to the forebrain or midbrain is usually not life threatening - just ask - but destroying the hindbrain or spinal cord is almost always immediately fatal. For that matter, could a werewolf survive decapitation? Grotesque, I know, but from Con Nero's reaction to Sarah it seems that some might.

3) I ask this question in amazement that nobody else has already done so: Do vampires exist in the PitW universe, and if they do, does the traditional werewolf vs. werewolf feud hold, or are groups of vampires and werewolves fond of getting together to crack jokes about Underworld while snacking on steak tartare? Or somewhere in between?

*Assuming, of course, silver isn't involved.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:29 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:28 pm

Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:41 pm

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:46 pm

Happygun

Postby manx » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:01 pm

manx
Huge tracts o'land

A couple oof considerations...

Postby K-MacK » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:34 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Re: A couple oof considerations...

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:45 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Furries...not Furies

Postby K-MacK » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:55 pm

Kris said that Real Were's avoided Furries like the Plague...they're a Class-A threat to the Secret...

SO...what happens to Sarah, a Costumer? Who apparently attends Costume Cons and engages in Cosplay? These are prime Furry venues as well, and Sarah is apparently a devoted costumer (I know, as long as she doesn't do anything Furry...which she isn't...so-far, she's under the radar, or Wolf-dar.) :wink:
Having been involved with Cons (Tech!!...not Talent!!!) I seem to recall that the major attendees were College-Age Young adults, so Sarah might just be hitting her stride as a Costumer just as she turns Werewolf.
Might be some conflict there. :?

And I'd thought that a Costume/Furry Con would be the Perfect place for Were's to meet...Just glue on a Zipper. After all, where's the best place to hide a Fur Covered werewolf, but among other fur covered people, some of whom would look just like the Were's-in-hiding.
Still, Kris has the Boss hand...altho' seeing Peter as Sarah's "Dummy" would be a Hoot. :lol:
KMacK...
K-MacK

Re: Furries...not Furies

Postby Happygun » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:07 pm

Happygun

PreviousNext

Return to Peter is the Wolf