[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - WikiWLP Articles

WikiWLP Articles

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

WikiWLP Articles

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:47 pm

Peter is the Wolf:

Con Nero:

thrall:
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Naming the Puppy

Postby K-MacK » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:09 pm

In your Wiki on Peter is the Wolf, you say that neither you or Scorpio bar 1 could think of a "Good" name for the Project. So, you used "Peter is the Wolf" as a sort of play on "Peter and the Wolf" by Prokofiev.
Let me say this....it was the Name that got my interest at the Belfrey site.
Otherwise, I'd have passed this excellent comic right by.
Frankly, "Peter is the Wolf" is great....it gets attention where, say,
"Werewolf Babes Howl" or the like would just be one more adult comic,
Ho-Hum, what's next?
Instead, the alliteration with the symphonic tone poem "Peter and the Wolf" IS eye catching...and in Cyberspace, it's only the Eye that gets
caught.
Really...it IS a good name.
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby MitchellTF » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:21 pm

Yup. I like the name.

I thought, in some legends, that SOMEBODY just has to kill the thrall's creator, and the thrall will automatically revert. In these cases, their's usually a time limit. (24 hours, drinking blood, etc...)

However, I think Peter mentioned that it would be a bad idea to try that.

Also, it seems Sarah is NOT automatically obediant to him. She's more like a very, very big child. Or maybe GIR...

I like the idea of different versions. It's used well.
MitchellTF
Mountain climbing

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:10 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Large Hmmmmmm.....

Postby K-MacK » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:51 pm

Given that Sarah has developed atypically for a Werewolf....Leads my devious mind to the Possibility that perhaps Sarah has Were-' blood
already in her veins.
In the explanation of how the Lycanthropy is passed fron one person to another, I did notice that BIRTH was excluded. Perhaps, say, part of the
Lycanthropy Evolution is present in the Egg, whilst part of it is is present in the father's Seed. If one of the partners is a Lycanthrope, and the other isn't, AND the baby doesn't Breast feed (as in given up for adoption at birth), then what you have is a Recessive,passive Werewolf.
Simply put, Sarah might have been part Werewolf all along. Point two:
"Slip-and-Fall Hazen?", as Rebecca put it, might have been clumsy because of two different sets of balance commands (Wolfen/Human) keeping her muscles in conflict when she walks, moves, whatever.
When Peter made his genetic donation (a complete set of werewolf
genes & enzymes)...then she wound up with an effectively doubled set
of Enzymes and genetic instructions. Gigantism is a reasonable result.
SO......Is Sarah a Foundling, adopted by the Hazens? Is she a child of a previous relationship? Or is there something else at work here?
I'm still curious as to what she'll do to...or with...Peter when she finds out
he's the cause of all this "Newness" in her life? Does Blue Cross cover this? Very good writing!
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:08 pm

Or perhaps Sarah being unusually huge and strong is something that just -happened.-

There'll be more on this in chapter four, but nobody (in the PitW universe, anyway) really knows where weres come from or how the transformation really works.

There are two theories in play among weres. Jean, like her mother the pharmacist, follows the scientific theory: lycanthropy is a viral disease transferred when some portion of a werewolf comes into contact with the internal fluids of the victim. There are enzymes in lycanthrope body fluids which don't occur in humans, so that theory has that much behind it... but no actual virus has been isolated... no other known virus can rewrite a cell's entire DNA and leave that cell functioning...

... and most of all, the very transformation itself breaks all known laws of both biology and physics. Additional mass does not come from nowhere... hair, bones, and flesh do not grow and shift in a matter of seconds... EXCEPT in lycanthropic transformations.

The other school of thought is the mystic theory, to which Peter's parents belong, although Walt has never really talked about it with Peter. Simply put, this theory holds that lycanthropes are descended from humans who tapped deeply into the spirit of certain wild creatures, gaining strength and wisdom from both human and animal. The main problems here are that there are HUNDREDS of competing religions or myths within werekind as to how this came about and how it works, and that saying something is magic doesn't explain a damn thing about how it works.

As for genetics are concerned, there's no such thing as a recessive werewolf chromosome. Any human who has procreational sex with a werewolf becomes a werewolf, so there's no possibility of a "cross-breed." All children of werewolves are themselves lycanthropes. There are two reasons werewolves haven't outbred or infected humanity into extinction: werewolves almost never have more than three children (and not often even three), and a lot of werewolves get killed without reproducing.

There may well be some reason why Sarah is as large as she is, but the honest answer is, "She is because it amused me to make her so."
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:13 pm

K.O., being the writer is the final word on the origins...

but...

Maybe instead of Sarah is big, maybe it's Peter is small, like in Mahoromatic. Yeah... he got's the magic stick....
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Genetics, Etc,...

Postby K-MacK » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:28 am

(Turns head & bares neck) Whatsoever you say.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:59 am

Well I'm just joking around- if you watch Mahoromatic, its in this world where magic is a commonplace thing. But this one boy can barely do it- even though it';s then discovered that he';s from a great line of mulitnational spellcasters- so these gals get it in their head that his child is going to be the next world's greatest mage... there's a bit of competition over thim... and it's quite out in the open what they want from him.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Steroid » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:59 am

That's not Mahoromatic. Mahoromatic is the one with the robot fighter who retires to become the maid for the son of a guy she accidentally killed. I've heard of the one you're describing, but I can't think of the title.
Steroid
Feeling strange

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:56 pm

Maburaho!! That's the one I'm thinking of!

Thanks for the correction. X.X All the little kanjis are beginning to run together.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:06 pm

BAR-1:

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Return to Peter is the Wolf