[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Update, December 24

Update, December 24

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Update, December 24

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:44 pm

Still behind on toning, but catching up fast!
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:25 am

Aw man, no adult/general comic split this time. You're evil for hinting at upcoming milf action between Sally and Walt and then leaving us hanging. :cry:

As for the comic, I understand that the weird questions and answers are codes so I suspect we'll know the meaning behind them eventually, but who or what made that sudden loud crack? That was never revealed. :?
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kaeto » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:53 pm

That was the building creaking in the silence that occurred when they realized Con was in the room. Since he used to be the pack alpha
Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Ganthan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:41 pm

I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:02 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:48 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Les » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:51 pm

Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Catherine_Puce » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:17 pm

You know, it seem that Peter is far more at ease that at the beginning of this comic. This event give has really positive effect on him. Of course, there are good reasons: He's not anymore under the roof of a father that him. He will live with a thrall that he love. The female werewolves will pressure him less for sex (most of them, I doubt that Rebecca will restrain her advance at all.). All this change will give him a change to gain confidence and maturity.

About the second panel, is it Constantine or Sarah that say: "Peter!"? Also, did they all stop just because Uncle Con enter in the house (the guy from the other town stop also, his reputation doesn't stop at the limit of his pack.)? I have the feeling that in the mind of everyone Jack Goodwin is an alpha because Constantine ordered an election. For some reason if the vote had be everyone write the name of the person that seem for him/her the better alpha, Con Nero would still be the alpha (he's strong and wise afterall). Even if democracy make his way in werewolf society, the old way seem still hold some ground.

Ahh la politique... :wink:

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:28 pm

Well, no matter where they are, alphas, new or old, tend to garner respect automatically. Part of being alpha is just having that certain presence.

As for Peter, I think he's less consious of the full weight of moving out. He wasn't planning on it being this early, but it's probably hardly a party for him either. But this is a chance for him to be amongst the rest of the town pack. You might also notice how almost everyone, from Stefan to Aristotle, seems to be... a tad... "atheletic" in build in comparison to Peter?
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:50 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby SpotWeld » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:54 pm

Wow.. it looks like Sally has been waiting too look to work out those kinks.
Seriously, after a long day of fairly restrained self control and low-level discomfort there is nothing quite as nice as a good loooong stretch to start leaving the stress behind.

I'm guessing she has some other method of stress relief in mind as well, now that the adults have the house to themselves...

I do wonder.. though it seems they are happy (releived) that Peter is stepping into a more independant role, will Sally be helping Sally learn the ropes of some of the more "gender specific" things a werewolf should know?
SpotWeld
Feeling strange

Postby Les » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:29 pm

Hmm, just a thought. Sally's motivation for holding-out on having another kid were to 'protect' Peter by not offering her hubby what might potentialy become a 'replacement-son'... still, I wonder if that might not have been counter-intuitive? How might Peter's socilization among werewolves And humans have been effected had he grown-up with a sibling reasonably close to his own age to hang-out with?
Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby SpotWeld » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:22 am

Not sure, what are the odds that any younger brother would eventually be excelling beyond Peter's limitations as a runt.
SpotWeld
Feeling strange

Postby Les » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:49 am

He'd still be the 'elder' brother.. I dunno, it'd depend largely on how well the siblings got along, but a little 'sibling rivalry' might have pushed Peter into doing something with himself besides simply rolling over and baring his throat, accepting his status as Omega.
Les
Huge tracts o'land

New release...

Postby K-MacK » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:25 pm

My-oh-my, Sally is really getting the kinks out, isn't she. Pity her name isn't June, 'cause she's 'busting out all over...' :lol:
(And that is a really old in-joke) :twisted:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kaeto » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:04 pm

But she isn't "Bra size 45". That's Sara's department.
Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

jsut the tip of the iceburg...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:14 am

Uh K-Mac , I think that she is only begining to "work out the kinks" ( wanton destruction of perfectly good clothes is a turn on for some, but I would hardly consider that a "kink" , that comes a little later :wink: )
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby K-MacK » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:28 am

Sarah probably hasn't really connected that "You can't go home" isn't just the name of a book; it's her life, now. As a Were' she will be totally dependent on Peter for some time, both as a source of 'Bane, and as a means of controlling the Wuff.
I suspect that the Pack will help with that, too; but Peter will have to be the primary trainer, as well as keeping her away from Gus. Oddly enough, though; I suspect that if Gus tried to train the Wuff, he'd be Lunch... without Ketchup.
What I am waiting to see is the promised "Meeting with the Parents"...I want to see how Peter handles that without having a twelve foot tall blonde tantrum in somebody's living room. Scay-ree!
He can't bring her Parents in on it, and neither can she; but you bet they are going to be asking some difficult questions of him, and Sarah can expect to be raked over the coals: all this without going Wuff!
Once Sarah has gone from Wuff to Werewolf, will she still feel she needs him? There has to be some animosity there, even if it was her doing.
Sally may well help Sarah with the more female aspects of being a Were', but she doesn't seem to be particularly upset at the way her mate raised him, but then we haven't seen all of that, either.
Good tight scripting, and hang the toning! The story provides"tone" all on its own. Bar-1's lineart is good as-is.
KMacK...
K-MacK

agreement and an aside...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:38 am

I thoroughly agree that Bar-1's line art does work wonders , and I personally like the look better than with screentones , (I'm a minimalist)
I think he will continue to use them , for some situations call for them...

And K-mack , methinks you have forgotten what a typical bachelor pad / young couple's house entails , no matter if there is ANYTHING in the house or not , there will ALWAYS be a bottle of ketchup in the refrigerator... :lol:

(whether she would take the time to actually use said bottle ketchup , is another story...)
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Ketchup

Postby K-MacK » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:10 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

looking back...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:53 pm

Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:10 pm

Something we haven't thought of yet...

Werewolves = Carnivorous Predator Alphas.

Werewolve got to College.

College has Vegan PETA (Promoters of Extortion, Terror & Arson) Hippies who don't like Carnivores... or people.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

PETA?

Postby K-MacK » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:17 pm

Not to worry, Bar-1; either Sarah or Peter will have some catsup handy, maybe even some Tabasco, as well... :twisted:
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Queen of Night » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:00 am

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby SpotWeld » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:03 am

SpotWeld
Feeling strange

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf