[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Update, October 6th

Update, October 6th

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby Stonesoul » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:57 am

I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
John Cage (1912-1992)
Stonesoul
Just getting started

Postby MitchellTF » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:41 pm

MitchellTF
Mountain climbing

Pathetic Gus

Postby K-MacK » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:29 pm

You do realize that Gus is a really pathetic Werewolf...HAH! Sweet revenge! :lol:
What's annoying is the thought that Gus probably thinks he's being macho doing that stuff. Only people who fear wear "NO FEAR" tee-shirts. :twisted:
As for the "Big Johnson" stuff, I have a "Big Johnson": it's a .30 cal M1941 semi-automatic recoil operated rifle. The Para-Marines carried them for awhile. :P
What does really worry me (for the story, at least) is what's gonna happen when the Moon rises and Sarah's parents are still at the house? Daddy doesn't seem to be ready to leave yet; and the Wuff is getting annoyed with him. Once she's in charge, he's toast; if he's still there. And-just who did the 'rents GET the address from? Gus? Con? The guys in the white vans and goon suits? :shock:
Peter and Sarah are compromised, if her parents got the house's address. They were suppposed to be hidden (from just about every non-Were'). :?
What happens when Daddy tells Sarah to "come back home" with him?
Kris is building the tension up in several different ways...all potentially bad for Peter and Sarah. :shock:
Neat! :twisted:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby hellion » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:01 am

Insert awesome sig here?
hellion
Just getting started

Postby llearch » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:26 am

I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Stonesoul » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:15 pm

I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
John Cage (1912-1992)
Stonesoul
Just getting started

Postby Ash » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:27 pm

Ash
Feeling strange

Wait up there!

Postby K-MacK » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:23 pm

Probably one of the reasons that the Pack hasn't dealt with Gus is that he's just barely inside the limits that Con set for acceptable behaviour within the Pack.
We need to take our Human filters off: Gus is reprehensible as a Man; but is he that obnoxious as a Wolf? He's an Old-Style Werewolf, people; and he's raising his daughter the way HE was probably raised.
Gus would probably be so upset by our comparing him to a Human that he would be very injured and hurt...and tell you so before he tore you limb from limb.
He's also about as sharp as a two-headed tack... :lol:
As for Rebecca; she seems to have a more gentle nature, just based on how she dealt with Ms. Hewitt, the fabric store lady. Remember, though-she's had Gus's opinions drummed/beaten into her all her life, and they will affect her actions and judgement whether she wants them to or not.
I still wonder if Gus might be an ex-Thrall; he won't talk about his past, and his "more Werewolf than thou" attitude do somewhat suggest that, almost as if he had something to prove.
Then again, he could just be a Werewolf Jerk: that's the most likely.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Re: Wait up there!

Postby kitwulfen » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:24 pm

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.
kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby llearch » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:39 am

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby kitwulfen » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:04 am

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.
kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby Stonesoul » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:10 am

Meh id prefer a mossberg sawed off with silver buckshot, couldnt run from that.

Granted, im more of a shotgun fan.

as my friends say about a shotgun "they should have called it smallpox, kill man and horse alike" (after i accidently shot the horse i was riding on + about 2 other bandits attacking at the time, long walk back to town that was)
John Cage (1912-1992)
Stonesoul
Just getting started

Postby llearch » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:04 am

Horses for courses.

A shotgun works real well at short range - particularly a sawn-off - but is less good at longer ranges. And, quite frankly, I'd much rather remain a -long- way away from any werewolf I needed to, ah, persuade to leave the land of the living. No offense to any -friendly- werewolves I might run across (Hi, Wuff!)...

The appropriate use for silver buckshot, as I see it, is hand-to-hand range. Within 30 feet or so, silver pistol rounds. Anything further away than that, and you're looking at rifle range. Unless you're extremely good at shooting pistols under pressure, of course - although even then, there -is- a limit.

Carrying all this around makes the official peacekeepers look at you with some disquiet, however, so some mutually agreeable middle ground has to be reached. And, of course, anyone who makes a habit of hunting werewolves has to expect them to hunt him right back. Which could be a bit tricky...

... all this is theoretical, of course, since, living in the land of the Nanny Government as I do, I'm not allowed weapons in case I hurt myself. Or something. ;-]
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby kitwulfen » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:44 am

You guys suffer from some misconceptions about shotguns and firearms in general. "Sawn-off" shotguns are legally known in the US as Short Barreled Shotguns, technically being a shotgun with a barrel shorter than 18" and/or an overall length less than 26". Shortening the barrel can make the weapon much handier, but you lose muzzle velocity, and gain a lot of flash and noise. A shotgun is definitely not the be-all, end-all of CQB. They're a fine weapon, but their efficacy is often overstated.

The idea that a pistol is the preferred weapon for targets within 30 feet is incorrect. Pistols are defensive weapons; they are for fighting your way back to the rifle you should have never put down in the first place. A short rifle/carbine in an intermediate cartridge (say, an AR15 chambered in 5.56 NATO) is an excellent weapon, capable of both close-range work, and shots out to 100 yards.

You can get guns in the UK. You can even get an AR15, though you have to neuter it to make it basically a bolt-action magazine-fed rifle. You guys actually have much easier access to suppressors than we do here in the States. Overall, though, you guys are much worse off than we are here in the States. Where I live in Virginia, you can basically get just about anything you want. Registered (Pre-'86) Machineguns, Short Barreled Rifles, Short Barreled Shotguns, Suppressors, Destructive Devices, lots of fun stuff. Of course, affording it is another matter.

An of my personal rifle on my drafting table. Some PitW fan art in the background. I'm actually selling the upper receiver to get money to build a new/better upper receiver, so the rifle won't look like this for much longer. Keeping my custom-engraved lower, though.
kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby llearch » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:43 pm

... And I appreciate you spending the time to enlighten me as to the misconceptions. *grin*

Having said that, from my side, the biggest gun I've picked up was a 22, and that a good fifteen years ago at least; you can take from that what you will as far as my actual knowledge on the subject goes (although I do pay attention when people talk, honest ;-] )

You probably -can- get guns in the UK. Getting them in central London, when you don't have a car, is just a little trickier. Finding a place to play with them safely is just as tricky.

Particularly when you're just a sysadmin. People get iffy about giving weapons to grumpy bastards who wear black all the time for some reason. ;-]
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby kitwulfen » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:49 pm

kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:15 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Silver Shoot-lery

Postby K-MacK » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:44 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Re: Silver Shoot-lery

Postby kitwulfen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:32 am

Last edited by kitwulfen on Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby Stonesoul » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:40 am

John Cage (1912-1992)
Stonesoul
Just getting started

Postby kitwulfen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:50 am

kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby MrPaladino » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:54 am

MrPaladino
Button popping

Postby Zax » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:50 am

Beware the animal heritage that lies within all of us.
Zax
Just getting started

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:13 am

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:44 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

PreviousNext

Return to Peter is the Wolf