[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Update, March 11

Update, March 11

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Update, March 11

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:26 am

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Catherine_Puce » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:33 am

Uncle Nero had to paid for have shooted Sarah. I think that this will give the occasion to the other to see how big the new thrall is. Furthermore, I think that Peter will have to calm her, it his boyfriend and creator afterall.

Pour le meilleur et pour le pire... :twisted:

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby CK01 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:44 am

I tend to agree that Peter will calm her, we wouldn't be so lucky to have to full TFs this close together -_-

And she's already learning to save her clothes when a TF begins too, even though we did get a cleavage flash...
CK01
Mountain climbing

Postby Daikaiju » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:20 am

I guess going so long without having a thrall made means little or no practice in counselling one. Shoud have had a sedative ready...
Daikaiju
Just getting started

Postby ProphetTenebrae » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:44 am

If Peter can't calm her down - that roof is going to be plus one werewolf sized hole.

I'm guessing Peter is going to calm her down.

ProphetTenebrae
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Voodoomaster » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:03 am

we shall have to wait and see, remember though if Sarah does go Thrall on the others now, she is outnumbered at least 6 to 1, and as powerful as she is in Thrall Form i would not like those odds in her favour.
and also remember the law, if the thrall cannot control herself then both the Thrall and Creator are put to death so Peter has to calm her down otherwise he is in real trouble.
Voodoomaster
Sweater stretching

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:15 pm

Yes, this is only the second thrall Con, in his long life, has ever had to deal with himself.

The first one was not in any position to be negotiated with, so Con dealt with him, and his creator, in short order.

However, he is usually better at talking with people than this; he just had the bad luck here to get hit by his prior actions, so to speak.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Lunchbox » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:09 pm

Well, that'd be my reaction, throwing someone at a wall.

Even if you haven't dealed with too many thralls, you could at least guess how she'd react, I mean, I knew she'd do that... Oh well. :roll:

Yeah, Petey-boy will probably keep her calm... or go through the wall. :lol:
Lunchbox
Button popping

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:58 pm

Also remember how she tossed Jean & Peter... maybe I should have added a diminutive "slap" or "shove" sound effect. Sarah literally doesn't know her own strength yet.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Thud..(whi-i-ine)

Postby K-MacK » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:55 pm

Well, Sedatives don't work on WereWolves, other than a brief "High" (Ohhh...horsey trank!). Betcha Peter can calm her, or at least distract her. Remember what she was doing the first time (and whom) when Butch showed up.
Question: Do you dot the "i" in Butch?
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Terry19d » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:08 pm

I'm assuming that the emotion-based uncontrolled transformation is a trademark of a thrall, and has nothing to do with Sarah personally, right? Do the others know this? Reason I'm asking is that since Con has only dealt with one before, wouldn't he have known about this little side effect? I'm not sure what he could do differently to keep someone from freaking out and transforming, no matter how good his verbal skills usually are...especially after the whole shooting bit.

I think he halfway expected something like this to happen - he just wasn't prepared for how quickly it went down.
Terry19d
Sweater stretching

The Transformation of Sarah, or "My Fair WereWolf"

Postby K-MacK » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:47 pm

It is possible that Sarah is not only reacting to Con shooting her, but the sad fact that, having spent hours on her Nails, now, all the work is ruined!
The tears add a dimension of both fear and loss, which would only be natural in such a case.
I do wonder, though... Can Peter calm her down? Can the Prospect of not only having a boyfriend, but a big fuzzy Doggie (or Puppy) as well, all in one; help to calm her? I hope so, cause she's in for the long run.
And that's the good part of the story. Most of the WereWolf stories I've read or seen seem to accentuate the "Wolf" part of the WereWolf legend. This story accentuates the Were', or Human part of the combination. If there has to be Angst, let it come naturally; in small doses like this part of the story. If WereWolves were to live in the state of Angst shown in the Movies all the time, they'd all be candndates for "little blue Happy Pills" and Ulcers......Ugh: too much like real life.
Somebody might point out to Sarah that the Movies treat WereWolves the same way they treated Blacks before the Civil Rights movement: completely False and demeaning.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:11 am

The first thrall Con had to deal with was not in human form at the time, and not likely to become so anytime soon. There was no real opportunity to try to negotiate anything.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby MitchellTF » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:15 am

MitchellTF
Mountain climbing

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:59 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Good Girl Sarah! Have a Cookie!

Postby K-MacK » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:18 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Catherine_Puce » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:42 pm

Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:24 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby K-MacK » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:27 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby MitchellTF » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:45 am

MitchellTF
Mountain climbing

On the subject of CON...

Postby K-MacK » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:54 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:25 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:44 pm

I just drew those to show how much he had seen. Yes, while injuries, diseases, and even attacks from other wolves can be "soaked" to a degree...

Old age catches up with everyone. Including cardiac ailments. (That potbelly didn't help much.) Also, the more in the "crosshairs" a wolf is, the more the healing factor has to work, the more overtaxed it can become, and the harder time it will have healing.

Being the Alpha means having to control every member of the pack. And as younger males, traditionally, would fight for leadership... Combine that with being a police officer through some of the nation's most turbulent periods. Con has seen the drug counterculture & student riots of the 60s & 70s, the rise of gangs & juvenile crime in the 80s & 90s. Tack onto that military service in his young life. He's led a harsh life, even by werewolf standards.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Catherine_Puce » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:33 pm

My guess is that the heart surgery come after he got a silver bullet too near of the heart. The scar stayed because the surgery be made by a werewolf using silver instruments. I doubt you can go a human doctor when you risk to heal during the operation. The werewolves has to deal that kind of situation amoung the werewolves. I suppose that the pack that didn't have their own doctor rely on the other pack who have them.

Ça semble logique.

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:20 pm

Not to give away too much too soon, but the doctor the werewolf pack uses will be introduced in the next chapter.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf