[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Update, 2-13-2008

Update, 2-13-2008

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Update, 2-13-2008

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:05 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kaeto » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:26 pm

Am I the only one thinking this does not bode well?
Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Catherine_Puce » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:29 pm

You're too pessimist. I think that the new arrival will stir trouble but I doubt that he will do that by malice. I'm sure that it's peter and Sarah that should be the more worried abou his presence. Wikiwlp set four major caracter: Peter, Sarah, Rebecca and Jean. My guess is that Jean could put herself in trouble by trying to protect our favorite couple.

Quoique ce lion-garou pourrait être là pour une toute autre raison.

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby RBrigham » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:45 pm

Man, was I wrong about Noah, who knew that he was another were...

Now, the one main problem that I foresee is when he catches a glimps of Sarah-Wuff, he might try to move in and take Peters place... :shock:

We'll just have to wait and see...
RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby Happygun » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:08 pm

Yeah, and werelions - if I remember correctly - are much larger than werewolves, meaning Sarah is just the right size for him. Not to mention the same yummy yellow color. Hell, there might even be a "Pepe Le Pew" moment there when he first spots her.

I'm beginning to suspect the universe hates Peter.

EDIT: There's also the possibility Jean will become infatuated with the new arrival, which, if Noah indeed falls for Sarah, will put a strain on Sarah and Jean's burgeoning friendship.
Last edited by Happygun on Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby UberMan5000 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:14 pm

Your writing is steadily beginning to impress me, Mr. Overstreet.
UberMan5000
Huge tracts o'land

Postby K-MacK » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:25 pm

Okay: SO; In addition to being a jerk, he's a felioanthrope:Leo; or a Leoanthrope. I wonder how well cats and dogs get along in the PItW universe? IRL, most lions will steal kill from canids; although there aren't any wolves in Africa (The Ethiopian wolves don't really count, they don't interact with lions at all.)
Does this mean Peter is in trouble? Peter is "in trouble" making breakfast, c'mon, here...and I mean pouring milk on Cheerio's! (or kibble)...

Ahh, yes; Sarah the Wuff. I suspect that, being as "feral' as she is, she will take one look at a Were-Lion and head the other way at flank speed.
What worries me is that Jack may be in danger: Suppose that Noah is still part of the "Biggest/Strongest Rule" persuasion. Jack never fought for his office, he was elected. He might be a match for a similar-sized Wolf, but a Lion? uhh-uh.
This is beginning to look interesting.... :twisted:
Good story and good surprise, guys!
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby Spiritbw » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:32 pm

A werelion....oh joy.

*snrk*, stray thought in my mind was Sara-wulf sitting growling at the base of a tree looking up at this fellow. Dunno how big he get's but Sara is a very impressive specimen with little control.
Spiritbw
Bodice ripping

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:34 pm

Noah isn't going to try to take over the pack.

First, non-werewolves generally do not participate in the leadership of werewolf packs. Likewise, werewolves do not participate in the leadership of werecat prides, kitsune dens, etc.

Second, running things would be, ugh, work. Noah's not going there.

If the newcomer had been a lioness,, on the other hand, then there might have been issues. Male lions are notoriously lazy; it's the females who actually get things done.
Last edited by Kris@WLP on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby SpotWeld » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:14 am

Hyenas on the other hand, have a completely different system.
SpotWeld
Feeling strange

Postby Happygun » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:16 am

Question!

Is there any sort of taboo in lycanthrope society against cross-species philandering? I'm guessing there isn't as Dr. Inari exhibited mild interest in Sarah. Then again, it could be an old prejudice that's slowly fading away despite a number of conservatives stubbornly clinging to it (sound familiar?).
Happygun

Postby blackpaw » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:29 am

ahh ha so my post was right his k9's did stick out more
we are all crazy its just to what extent
blackpaw
Sweater stretching

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:41 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ghostfang » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:52 am

ghostfang
Feeling strange

Postby K-MacK » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:24 pm

KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby DesertRat » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:35 pm

DesertRat
Sweater stretching

Postby kitwulfen » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:08 pm

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.
kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:21 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby kitwulfen » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:29 pm

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.
kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby Stonesoul » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:44 am

I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
John Cage (1912-1992)
Stonesoul
Just getting started

Postby Happygun » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:49 am

Happygun

Postby PHDrillSergeant » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:18 am

And now for some errata from a White-wolfer. This of course has no bearing on, or real relevance to, the PiTW Universe.

Hm. Werelions, known in the White wolf universe as Simba-Bastet. This should be most interesting.

Werelions are notoriously proud, even to the extent of putting personal safety behind their reputation. They can easily outmatch a werewolf in Strength but in Dexterity they fall short when compared to a Garou.

I leave you with one of the yava of the Simba: "No male simba will kill his wife, or allow another to do the same."
PHDrillSergeant
Feeling strange

Postby kitwulfen » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:12 am

kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby llearch » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:35 am

I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:31 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf