[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Update, 2-13-2008

Update, 2-13-2008

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby K-MacK » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:54 pm

There's extra security there as well, isn't there? As in; you don't respond correctly to a statement, everything you said is now invalid and you're maybe under suspicion?
If you keep trying, you're definitely suspicious.
Do the Werewolves ever use Smoothskins as couriers...as in carrying written information (or pictorial information), or is that strictly a Werewolf-only thing?
I know you said that it's word of mouth, but sometimes either written stuff or images are unavoidable as media, and the Internet isn't that secure anymore. Even encoded data can be either de-crypted or the origin traced.
There may be Werewolves in Congress, but there is a lot of things going on that Congress doesn't know about...heck, there are even Government authorized things happening that the Government doesn't know about.
So, after the communication revolution, the Shlepper is still the safest form of data transfer. How far we've progressed... :lol:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:48 pm

Extra security depends on the individual. Some people are pretty clueless.

Humans are sometimes used as couriers, but infrequently. In fact, couriers are used infrequently, period. Informal communication between weres on the road usually suffices for basic news exchange.

Internet is almost NEVER used to transmit any werewolf-related info. If you see it on the 'Net, you can rely on it being (a) wrong, and (b) posted by a human.

Finally, the vast majority of Congresscritters are in on the secret. People who can't be trusted with secrets, or who aren't cautious about looking like a crazy person, usually don't rise that high in politics, Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich notwithstanding.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby KindaChang » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:57 am

The Sheppler will be the safest method for securing information for a long time to come for a very good reason.

While computers can run through lines of logic at a pace orders of magnitude faster than a human (or were*) brain, the human (or were*) brain can process and equally superior number of lines of logic at once compared to a computer.

Human (or were*) intuition really isn't something magical, it's parallel processing on a scale computing hasn't yet achieved. Taking incomplete and unrelated strands of information and comparing them against past strands of similiar make and length to corroborate two unrelated events and accurately predict the future. Applied to determining who is and who isn't trustworthy to give information to is second nature to most. Computers can't figure it out, and have no hope of ever figuring it out as the forseeable advancements in computer technology stand.
KindaChang
Sweater stretching

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:15 pm

I think you're all missing out on the most important piece of information given on the page.

He's got SPARKLES!!!!

My shiny teeth that twinkle
Just like the stars in space
My shiny teeth that sparkle
addin' beauty to my face

My shiny teeth that glisten
just like a christmas tree
You know they walk a mile just to see me smile
Woo!
My Shiny Teeth and Me
(shiny teeth shiny teeth)
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby llearch » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:45 pm

I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:45 pm

Happygun

Postby ghostfang » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:45 pm

ghostfang
Feeling strange

Postby Timberwolfer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:46 pm

-I don't suffer from INSANITY, I enjoy EVERY minute of it!
Timberwolfer
Button popping

Postby Happygun » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:04 am

One forgets there are different types of sparklies!

Bishie Sparklies
Beauty Sparklies
Beefcake Sparklies (i.e. )
Happygun

Postby K-MacK » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:10 am

But none of them match the sparklies you get when you forget there's something sticking out of a five-foot high shelf, and you're six feet tall. And you stand up under it. And its that damned box of ammo I got for cheap...full.
Those are Headache Sparklies!
Ouch. The buise will fade-I hope.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Les » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:21 pm

So, most Congressmen know about the secret eh?

Here's the fourteen million dollar question though... Do most Congressmen know that most Congressmen Know about the secret? :twisted:
Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:48 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby PHDrillSergeant » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:09 pm

PHDrillSergeant
Feeling strange

Postby Les » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:32 am

Fascinating Kris, so weres Will put other things before the absolute maintenance of 'The Secret'. (("Let's see, answer awkward questions from the sarge about why that MG-42 didn't turn me into a fine red paste, or sit-back and watch Frank bleed-out on the beach, Hmmm.. choices."))

Still this does raise some interesting if provoctive and disturbing ideas.. So the US government (or parts of it) knew of and experimented no weres (werewolves specificly), and weres were known to let things like not displaying their nifty wereness in front of witnesses slip in the heat of battle in WW2.. so then brings the question.. what of the German government of the same era? What would Mengala do with access to Weres? What of Hitler and his fetish for the occult? Were there Nazi or even SS Werewolves?
Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:02 am

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:17 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Les » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:41 am

Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:45 am

Those werewolves who would have joined the Nazis probably were seduced by the same propaganda that others were. It would ring very familiar to hear about how one was naturally 'superior' others around them. To hear that they were stronger, faster, more intelligent, more beautiful. It was simple ego that had many Aryans into Hitler. Because most of all, after decades of economic hardship, he told them they were special.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:55 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Les » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:08 pm

Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby K-MacK » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:05 am

SO...going back to Kris's missive about surviving being shot-and maybe also rescuing your buddy in the process; I'd guess the Secret pretty much wasn't in the front lines among the Allies. :roll:
The same bonds would assure that the returning Were's could count on their smooth buddies to stay silent and when necessary provide aid.
The Werewolves really blew it back then: they would have had support from their comrades and might have stopped needing to hide...but then along came Joseph Mc Carthy and they probably just dug in deeper and asked their human friends to just...forget them. :cry:
And so here we are today with 20/20 hindsight. :oops:
But then, if the werewolves had come out in 1945, we wouldn't be reading Peter is the Wolf, would we? :shock:
Things tend to work out for the best... :wink:
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:17 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Previous

Return to Peter is the Wolf