[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - New Strip- 03-05-08

New Strip- 03-05-08

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

New Strip- 03-05-08

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:50 pm

Not sure what town they live in & attend college in is named...

But given a look at the campus bureaucrats-

I'm guessing the planet goes around on the back of a turtle.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:23 pm

Funny thing, that, the script said dried-up old bag, not zombie...
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ghostfang » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:25 pm

ooo athletic scholarship what sport did peter play hope it wasn't a contact sport like football that really gets the adrenaline going and would be hard for to not change during game :P.

ghostfang
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:33 pm

Baseball.

His high school nickname was "Two Bats."
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby RBrigham » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:48 pm

I can see Sarah's gonig to have some fun with a mouth fulla wolfsbane (chawin' tabacca) LOL...

I'm wondering what Peter got for his classes, from his reaction, it can't be good, we'll just have to wait for the next thrilling episode of PitW: Pack to class...

Still love the name of this story...

P.S. ghostfang, please don't take this the wrong way, but could you please use the proper punctuations, this looks like you said it in on breath...thanks...
RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:50 pm

Dried up old bag, zombie like sunken eyed old creepy lady... let's face it, either way, after a while, people start looking like something out of Jim Henson's creature shop.

Especially if you hang out in a KMart.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Spiritbw » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:47 pm

You know, before this "Peter" and "Athletic Scholarship" where not terms I would have thought to use in the same sentance. His Omega attitude just made him seem like the sort that wouldn't do well in anything.
Last edited by Spiritbw on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spiritbw
Bodice ripping

Postby Happygun » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:05 pm

Damn, that University looks eerily like my ala mater . Yes, we do have a silo - several, in fact.

Though registration is done entirely online now. Makes life SOOOOO much easier.

EDIT: How's the dentist fund going so far?
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:14 pm

Peter prefers to hang around humans- or at least he tried it in public school. He thought he'd get more acceptance there.

What he got was a rep for being a little bit touched in the head- that strange kid whose dad has that chopper shop that hardly anybody goes to- but he had close to a .600 batting average in high school baseball and pretty good speed around the bases.

(Yes, batting averages are really inflated in high school; the pitching's a bit easier. No way is he hitting more than about .350 to .400 in college competition.)

Anyway, Peter didn't have many human friends, aside possibly from his teammates... but he had Sarah, who was (he thought) the one worth all of it.

Right now he's feeling doubly down: not only did he get her into this, but he really feels he's screwing up trying to fix it.

If he actually had a good bit of time to himself without coping with Sarah's most recent loss of control, he'd be very much angsty teen white boy.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:18 pm

And the dentist fund has one donor thus far- $50 plus $100 (which is all WLP can spare right now) from company funds.

Not enough, in other words, to even get a cleaning, Xray, and estimate yet.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby K-MacK » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:08 am

Looks like Peter has met the "Required Classes" zombie already ( and back when I was in college, we referred to them as "Administration Mummies".
Every new student has to take several useless classes to keep the tenured teachers busy. You expect to start studying what you came there for, but no; you have to take these waster classes instead. You maybe get one elective ( if they aren't already filled up) on what you came there to study.
Then you realize it will be three semesters at least before you get to really study what you came there for. :(

First lesson: Life will screw with you every chance it gets. :twisted:

Then you discover that every one of these waste classes requires books, which you get to pay for; for subjects you will never use again, like Art appreciation, Public Speaking, World History about places you didn't know ever existed and will never care about. Then there's Philosophy, taught by a certified nutcase; and Phys, Ed.--even if you're a Science major.

Second lesson: Life will make you spend money on things you will never use. :twisted:

Ahhh, the look on Peter's face could have been mine, all those years ago.
And the lessons: Priceless. :lol:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby Happygun » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:50 am

Happygun

Postby Kaeto » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:11 am

Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:44 am

Well, it's not exactly a Silo, but it's a building more famous than the campus that inspired it. And it shows up also on an old color piece in our Galleries section. Look for 'Becca and Valentine's pics.

And the "Back of a Turtle" is a reference to Discworld (yet another book series I haven't read, then again, not everyone who's read Discworld's read the Halo novels.)
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Catherine_Puce » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:16 pm

You know I have my own theory about it. My guess is that uncle Con and the rest of the pack used their contacts to put peter in the same class that Sarah. That way he can continue to watch his thrall. The only problem is that Peter seems a below the average student and knowing Sarah, he is stuck in some of the more difficult classes that this college teach.

Il va devoir se dépasser pour être à la hauteur de ces responsabilités.

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kaeto » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm

Forward the Dinocrome!

And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Yurie » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:51 pm

I know it's a water tower. I just called it a silo

Whichever it is, it's still phallic <.<

Also, was the guy with piercings talking about chewing tobacco? What was with that?
Yurie
Feeling strange

Postby Kaeto » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:01 pm

That wasn't a guy that was a girl. And I think she was talking about that wad of wolvesbane Sara had in her cheek.
Forward the Dinocrome!

And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:17 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ghostfang » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:19 pm

ghostfang
Feeling strange

Postby Dvandom » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:37 pm

Dvandom
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:39 pm

Happygun

Postby K-MacK » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:35 am

Ooook! Does anyone realize what the dose of angst and disappointment will probably do to Sarah, even with a mouth full of wolfsbane?
And what Peter will do when he hears half the students calling out recognition phrases to her? :shock:

This sounds like so much fun... :twisted: I can hardly wait... :twisted: :twisted:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby Kaeto » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:26 am

Forward the Dinocrome!

And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:32 am

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf