[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

Postby Happygun » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:14 pm

Learn all the parts of a pony's anatomy with this helpful tune. It's edutainmant-ional!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... x7jdvpg_g#!
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Happygun » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:40 pm

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Season 2, Episode 12 - Family Appreciation Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkWRHGGABQY&hd=1

Lot of funny/cute little moments here, but aside from the story of the founding of Ponyville, kind of a middling.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Ponies can live for hundreds of years? Holy Crap.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, watch the intro for again.

1. According to Twilight, Ponyville is hundreds of years old.
2. Granny Smith was there at the founding of Ponyville.
3. Granny Smith is still alive.

Therefore...either ponies can live for hundreds of years or the Season Two writers didn't watch all of Season One.

In any event, I really liked the episode as well.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Hm...I may have to revise my rules for Equestrian characters in D&D 3rd ed. Ponies live...

FORE-EVVVVVER!!
Happygun

Postby Toast » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:20 pm

Well, Granny Smith is something of a conundrum. For one, she shows remarkable magic aptitude for a non-unicorn. For another, she is quite mad. So the actuality (if such a term can be used for a children's show whose sole purpose is supposed to be toy sales) is probably some combination of Napoleon Delusion and arcane longevity.
Toast
Bodice ripping

Postby Ganthan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:19 pm

!

Pinkiepiepinkiepiepinkiepiepinkiepiepinkiepiepinkiepiepinkiepie... PINKIE PIE!!!

Dangit, when's the next Pinkie Pie episode!
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:07 pm

About four days. The next episode - Baby Cakes - will feature Pinkie Pie baby(foal?)sitting the Cakes' baby. Hilarity Ensues(TM).
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Coolness, awesomeness and radicalness.

I would have thought the Cakes were around the same age as Rarity's parents, then again I have immense difficulty figuring any pony's age since the last episode. Oho, maybe when they left Pinkie in charge of the shop in Applebuck Season they went on a second honeymoon? :D
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:03 am

BroNYcon interview with the VAs of Applejack/Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy/Pinkie Pie, and Twilight Sparkle/Princess Celestia in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hfueL_9U4#!

While entertaining, I cringed so many times while watching this video that my cringing muscles went numb. And I don't have cringing muscles. You can practically read the thoughts of the VAs (all attractive young women) as they gaze out upon the teeming, squealing mass of bearded, 30-something bronies, eyes glazed over, mouths locked in a rictus grin: Oh dear god, these people are insane. Everyone was polite and respectful, but the sheer, nerdy enthusiasm was just overwhelming.

Particularly when they get Applejack's VA to say a line from one of hotdiggetydemon's perverted animations (47:38)

"[forget you] I can eat all those apples!"

And this is hotdiggetydemon's response (safe for work)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 7YA5F5EWwI

I wonder if she got in trouble after the con when they figured out where it was from...
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:06 pm

This is the kind of episode that fanfic writers orgasm over. The different pony races can indeed interbreed and one race can indeed give birth to another race as long as the genetics are there. I wonder how many fans of the "Dinky is Derpy's daughter" fanon are cheering and high fiveing right now. In fact, I wonder how many Earth and Unicorn foals have fallen to their deaths because they were born to Pegasi parents.

I'm getting more and more worried that Earth ponies have gotten a raw deal in their roles and abilities. I mean, even foal unicorns and pegasi can demonstrate incredible magic and flying prowess, but so far the only real distinction I've seen from Earth ponies is their lack of abilities compared to the other two. What they do seem to have: strength, growing food, connection to the land, these all seem to be the case only because they can't do anything else.

A good episode, as usual. Not as good a Pinkie Pie episode as Party of One, but I just can't get enough of that motormouthed pink goofball. I guess now only Fluttershy is overdo for an episode.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:50 pm

One blogger suggested that baby unicorn's wings don't develop at a rate fast enough to compensate for their growing weight. Thus newborns can fly because they weigh hardly anything but once they put on a few pounds they're grounded until adolescence when their wing muscles finally mature. That, in my opinion, is a damn good explanation.

As for the baby unicorn's precocious magic abilities, first, bear in mind that some unicorns are born with more innate magical power than others (i.e. Twilight Sparkle). Second, unicorn foals may have an instinctual knack for magic that is lost when their rational minds develop. Third, the magical surges could be the brain trying to clean up/rewire the synaptic networks that regulate a unicorn's powers.

Horses and ponies DO mature at a much, much faster rate than human infants; foals are able to stand within hours of birth and can gallop the next day. It makes sense from an evolutionary perspective for a foal to be capable of defending itself and/or flying away when it's so young and vulnerable.

More than a few Parental Bonuses there.

So.... the unicorn/pegasus/earth pony phenotypes are controlled by only one or a few genes? RIIIIGGGGHT...keep telling yourself that, Mr. Cake. (Hmmmm...that's good implied infidelity)

Also, a reference to Trainspotting? I think Pinkie Pie should lay off the moon sugar.
Happygun

Postby Happygun » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Pony Genetics

http://grim-s-morrison.deviantart.com/#/d4mifq4

Speaking as a biologist, the science behind this explanation is solid...

...or as least as solid as science can be in a world of sonic rainbooms, dragon-powered fax services, and precognitive prancing pink ponies.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:50 pm

The species of Pound and Punkin has nothing to do with genetics and everything to do with the writers' goal of driving at least one main cast member into a nervous breakdown by the end of each episode. }:-{D
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:34 pm

The terror that clops in the night!

Yeah, kind of saw this one coming. As a child of the early nineties I loved Darkwing Duck.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:06 pm

Saw this on Equestria Daily, thought I'd post it here:

Princess Celestia has UPGRADED you for her new colonization project. Apparently, Equestria is a bit too over-crowded!

You have been teleported to the other side of whatever planet ponies inhabit, with 90 mares and 90 stallions (30 of each pony type per gender) . It's time to build a pony nation!

Celestia is giving you a few preliminary choices though:

1.) What type of environment would you like? (Desert, Forest, Underwater Bubble Houses, Enchanted Sky City, Ect)

2.) You can tame one type of beast that has been in the show so far for defense only. Remember, ponies are peaceful! You have animals to do your dirty work! Which one do you choose? (Manticore, Dragon, Hydra, Cockatrice, Ect)

3.) What is your society primarily going to focus on? (Science, Worshiping Luna, Rapid Population Expansion, Reading a bunch of bad fanfiction, ect)

You need to figure out how to incorporate each type of pony (earth, pegasus, unicorn) into your fledgling nation with the goal of becoming a utopia in under 10 years! Are your unicorns the ones that maintain your bubble houses while your hydra taming earth ponies farm kelp and Luna worshiping pegusai write bad fanfiction?

Your a Celestia tier dictator, so it's all up to you!
Happygun

Postby Happygun » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:49 pm

A preview of the next episode has been uploaded. It features a I Love Lucy reference. Thus MLP: FiM reaches a critical milestone - it is no longer a meme, fad, cult hit, wild hit, or even a phenomenon. It has reached critical mass and is now officially Good Television.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/My-Little-P ... 42050.aspx
Happygun

Postby Happygun » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:09 pm

The Last Roundup, Episode 14, Season 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awweSMNWhsM&hd=1

HUGE SPOILER

Derpy speaks. And is referred to as Derpy.

Just...wow.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:14 pm

Wow, Applejack is rolling around the biggest that's ever existed. I figured out pretty early on what the reason was for AJ not returning but I was sincerely hoping that it WASN'T going to be the case.

Still, lots of funny moments and memes, as usual. The 'Derpy' name is now officially canon, she spoke, and Pinkie got royally pissed off. Almost makes up for the facepalm worthy plot.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:11 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:26 am

Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:32 am

Goddamnit... you randomly hit "Pause" during an episode, and this happens:

As for Derpy's voice... eh.. after the Doctor Whooves bits, I would've liked to have heard something squeakier, or maybe with a British accent. Midlander...

And yes... a Cherrychanga sounds delishus.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:20 pm

Happygun

Postby Happygun » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:50 pm

Season 2, Episode 15 - The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

A pair of traveling fast-talking, old-timey sales-ponies named Flim and Flam with a fantastic steampunk contraption + an awesome song + implied Pony alcoholism +
a letter to Princess Celestia that begins with "I DIDN'T LEARN A THING!" = THE BEST EPISODE Yet!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_jwKGGWjAY&hd=1
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Smells like more Idiot Ball play.

"How would you folks like to sell us your apples at such a bad price that it would certainly cost you your property?"

"No way! Not only are we not gonna hire more ponies to help supply catch up to demand, we're also gonna agree to wager our entire family owned legacy on a stupid cider making competition so we can keep our monopoly. We'll even let you use our apples in the competition."

Remember. Kids show. Kids show. Kids show. Kids show.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Well- noticed this today:

http://www.bronyland.com/pony-personality-test/

So I'm going to go through some of the WLP characters, give their answers, and see what comes up. (Note: answers listed are test result + 2nd highest spike on graph.)

Peter (fave color black) - Applejack / Fluttershy
Sarah (fave color yellow) - Twilight Sparkle / Rarity
Jean (fave color black) - Rainbow Dash / Pinkie Pie
Butch (fave color red) - Rainbow Dash / Applejack
Milkmaid (fave color red) - Applejack / Fluttershy
Chocolate Milkmaid (fave color yellow) - Rarity / Pinkie Pie - Applejack tie (nearly 3-way tie)
Chichi-chan (fave color blue) - Pinkie Pie / Fluttershy (Rarity & Applejack also strong)
Shiroi (fave color white) - Pinkie Pie / Fluttershy (and absolutely nopony else)

Oh... and my own? Pinkie Pie / Rainbow Dash. ....... um, what?
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

PreviousNext

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.