[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:12 am

OK, have now seen. Two things pop to mind.

(1) Of COURSE Rainbow Dash is the Leeroy Jenkins kind.

(2) Pinkie demonstrates that being a CloudCuckoolander does not mean you're an idiot.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:01 am

Pinkie Pie is no idiot. Here's the way I look at it.

Several things can happen when one gazes into the abyss and it gazes back.

Some people stare it down - Batman stared it down.

Some people laugh - the Joker laughed.

Some people laugh, but, and this is the important bit, they actually get the joke - Pinkie Pie gets the joke.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:28 am

Watching it right now...

Brace Yourself. "MIstress Applejack/Dominatrix" memes are coming.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:33 am

I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:35 pm

We already did that joke with Fluttershy. She's the one who keeps getting tied up.

I'm more frightened of what they might do with her now, though. Muscle growth and all that...
Happygun

Postby Happygun » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Sweet zombie jesus, it's been confirmed! Weird Al Yankovic will be guest-starring in MLP: FiM season 4 episode 11 as Cheese Sandwich, a pony who intentionally or unintentionally challenges Pinkie Pie's status as greatest party pony ever when he offers to plan a celebration for Rainbow Dash.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/e ... opsis.html

Yes, the episode WILL have a song.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:12 pm

Bats!

Oh man, this one was unexpected all throughout and was totally awesome. I don't tend to like the songs but this one was just so creepy, aggressive and excellent.

I had suspicions when Twilight's devised solution was to use a spell to make the pests stop wanting to eat the food anymore. Remember how well that went last time she tried it? To her credit it did work, but the side effects were WAY more scary and unexpected this time.

Other great points? Rainbow Dash's cider obsession, Fluttershy's 'Stare', and the mother of all creepy cliffhangers.

A great episode, but I'm starting to miss the background ponies of Ponyville this season. Where's Lyra, Bon Bon, Derpy, the Doctor and others?
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:47 pm

*SPOILERS*

There is so going to be a fanfic where Fluttershy relapses and infects the rest of the Mane6.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:44 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:47 pm

One dA artist actually drew a scene where Fluttershy became an vampire - a day before the episode premiered. Even got a couple of the lines right word-for-word.

http://sakuyamon.deviantart.com/art/I-V ... -422816096
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:02 am

"Bats" is amusing, but it has large chunks of Fridge Logic.

(1) I thought Applebuck Season / harvest time was when the whole family came in to help out. Why is Applejack all alone??

(2) Why are the rest of the Mane Six in hearing of the barn bell (is that even a thing?), and NOBODY ELSE? (Besides the obvious reason that it would complicate the story.)

(3) Wait a minute. In Season One we're told that Appleoosa is a settlement only a year or two old. It's smaller than Ponyville from what we see of it. Why is IT hosting a state fair? What happened to Dodge Junction, where that rodeo was held in Season Two?

(4) "STATE FAIR"? Equestria has states?

(5) The Stare has jumped the shark.

(6) This is the second consecutive week that Fluttershy has undergone a radical transformation. (Makes me wonder if it's worth having someone do a combination of the two- FlutterBatHulk. Could she beat Supermane in a fight?) Ahem. Anyway, poor planning, sort of like Season Two with two Spike eps in three weeks... and those two eps directly contradicting one another...

(7) What kind of magazine does the discerning vampire fruit bat subscribe to?
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:39 pm

Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:21 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:10 pm

I've just come up with a wild idea. What if Season 4 has the rest of the Mane 6 acquire all new powers and abilities to go along with Twilight's alicorn-ness? Maybe Fluttershy will learn to use the Flutterbat form at will.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:34 pm

Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:55 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:14 pm

Rarity takes Manehatten

I've never been a big fan of the Rarity episodes because I just don't care about fashion and high culture. Having TWO songs didn't help much either, although Rainbow Dash's bit of lampshade hanging about the songs was cute.

However, I do have to admit that the episode overall was pretty well written. Rarity's generosity becoming a problem was somewhat unexpected, and it was heartwarming to see the rest of the Mane 6 giving up all their fun and staying up all night to help Rarity make her new dresses.

I don't know what people saw in those hotel themed dresses anyway. I thought they were kinda ugly. Besides, wouldn't using all that stuff be considered stealing? I'm actually a little disappointed that Rarity won the contest after all. I thought a golden opportunity to show sacrifice to make up to your friends was lost, like Applejack giving up her prize apple for Fluttershy in the last episode.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:30 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:27 pm

I usually like Rarity episodes, but this one just didn't work for me; it was all over the place yet waay too predictable. I think it may have worked better if only one or two of the Mane 6 had accompanied Rarity to Manehatten, giving it a tighter focus.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:42 pm

I think Rainbow Dash said it best:
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:16 pm

Happygun

Postby Happygun » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:21 am

Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:35 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:56 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:40 pm

Now, see, something more like THIS would have been awesome.
Happygun

PreviousNext

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.