[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:35 pm

Whaaaa-! Is this thread...

OOVERRRR FIVEEEE-HUNDREEEED!?!?
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Ganthan » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Pinkie Apple Pie

Sorry for delay this week. Finally got around to seeing Desolation of Smaug this weekend and have been preoccupied with that.

Plus, it's another Pinkie Pie episode and there's really not a lot left to say about Pinkie Pie that hasn't already been said. She's going to be crazy, unpredictable, and unceasingly happy all the time. This isn't to say I didn't like it, of course. Who doesn't love Pinkie Pie? I also liked crazy cat lady hoarder pony Goldie Delicious.

Just a few niggles, though.

1. Since when does Big Macintosh show off his strength to others? Was it just because Pinkie was there?

2. "This part of the page is smudged, in the exact same place as the record on Twilight's scroll." Did they really have to do it the exact same way twice? That sure lacks creativity.

3. STILL no background Ponyville ponies.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:48 am

They are taking episodes down a LOT quicker nowadays.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:18 am

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:38 pm

Rainbow Falls

1. Aha, so that beefy pegasus's name is Bulk Bicep. Pity there's already in which he's called Snowflake.

2. Derpy! DEEEERRRPPYYY!!

3. Any doubts about whether Rarity's spool of rainbow thread was a key I think are now gone, because the exact same thing just happened to Rainbow Dash.

In fact, I now have a hypothesis about the gifts. The Mane 6 are, one by one, MAKING them into the keys. When Rarity demonstrated true generosity, her eyes lit up with rainbow colors, then her gift from Coco did as well. Likewise with Rainbow Dash and her Wonderbolt medal when she demonstrated true loyalty. When each of the remaining four receive a gift for demonstrating their respective elements, perhaps the Tree of Harmony will be ready to forge all those gifts into the keys to open the box.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:52 pm

That gift is going to be Rainbow Power!(TM) i.e. marketing tie in.

Kind of a hit-and-miss episode. Biceps bulge should have stuck to just saying "YEAH!" and his weak performance on the relay is contradicted by previous episodes (Hurricane Fluttershy and Wonderbolts Academy). Very cool to see a team of griffins qualify (world building, yay!), and the Rainbow Falls village was very cool. And yes, Derpy! However, the overall story and moral was kind of meh, though. It lacked the edge previous episodes possessed.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:18 pm

Just saw "Rainbow Falls." Here's my reaction.

THE STUPID WRITING IT BURNS.

Why is Rainbow Dash even on the relay team, instead of sprints or marathon, in the first place?

Why is there a "one event only" rule?

Why is Bulk Biceps sound material for the Wonderbolt Academy but barely able to fly now? Slower than Fluttershy? Than fraction-of-one-wingpower Fluttershy??

Why is Spitfire, supposedly a professional pony with strict ethics, so weaselly now?

I get the feeling that they put Derpy in this one as a sop to the fans. "Here's Derpy, she's adorable, please, please, PLEASE don't hate this episode."

Sorry Derpy, but no. I do hate this one- the first ep of season 4 that I honestly think SUCKS.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:21 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:47 pm

Postscript: Now I want to see Derpy actually fly that course...
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:44 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:06 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:40 pm

Check the Wikipedia entry for MLP:FiM episodes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My ... c_episodes Notice how episodes are penned by alternate writers. The one behind Rainbow Falls (Corey Powell) also wrote Sleepless in Ponyville and Just for Sidekicks - 4/5 and 4/5 episodes (Rainbow Falls was more of a 2/5). MLP writers tend to either get a couple good ones and a bunch of crappy ones or a lot of really, really good ones and a few average ones. Some of the very best episodes, however, were written by M. A. Larson (Luna Eclipsed, The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, Magic Duel) and to a lesser extent Meghan McCarthy (Lesson Zero, Sweet and Elite, most of the season openers and finales). Of course, this is just my opinion.
Happygun

Postby Happygun » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:52 pm

MLP: FiM Season 4, Episode 11 - Three's a Crowd

I think this episode is best summarized with a single image:

Much more importantly, the next episode - Pinkie Pride - features Weird Al Yankovic as a party pony. And he sings. This episode could be the pinnacle of human achievement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJTg6ezt8Zs
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:06 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:15 pm

Discord has learned a valuable lesson.

Acting like a devious, manipulative prick, corrupting the world, ruining friendships, and twisting people's identities and minds is fun, but eventually you WILL be beaten. Whereas acting like a troll is almost as amusing and you can generally get away with it.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:45 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:30 am

Hence 'generally'. At least he didn't end up as a lawn ornament this time.

And the sandworm actually has a Word of God name - a Tatzlwurm. http://www.pantheon.org/articles/t/tatzlwurm.html

...By the way, what is it with giant worms with a flower on their heads in fiction? There was the creature from Men In Black 2, an episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog, Wigglers from Super Mario, any others?
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:10 am

I initially was confused while watching this episode because Equestria Daily had said that Three's a Crowd was going to be the Pinkie Pie vs Cheese Sandwich party-off. Next week, I guess.

Oh well, this was still an excellent episode. Here are my favorite moments:

Naked Discord. Seriously, when he's wearing the hospital gown and turns around, watch the ponies' reactions.
Everypony expecting Rarity to have a fainting couch and she's just like "What?"
Applejack's "Oh really?" face.
Waitress Twilight.
Harry Potter Twilight.
Discord and Twilight tango.
Towel head Bon Bon. (It's about time!)
Pinkie Pie on top of Discord's isolation bubble. (That looks like fun.)

I also finally noticed just how touchy feely Discord is. Ponies are supposed to be the cultural masters of love and friendship but they still give each other private space. Discord, on the other hand, is grabbing, squeezing, dancing, and putting his face right in theirs. Even Pinkie Pie isn't this intrusive.

P.S. I also noticed Cadence looking a little embarrassed when she admitted that life in the Crystal Empire was getting predictable. Maybe she was trying to say that her and Shining Armor's sex life is already starting to get boring.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:37 pm

Can I get some nice juicy hot thighs and fresh milk, please?

:D :D :D :D :D :D
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:01 pm

*Sigh* THANK you internet. That image will haunt me for months to come... :cry:

Anyhoo, if J.D. Salinger wrote a MLP episode, what would it be called?

My Little Phony, my little phony...
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:27 pm

"Dear Princess Celestia, today I discovered that even hardened macho game reviewers can recognize the awesomeness of ponies, even if the pony's opponent is rather less than impressive."

Yeah, just watched ScrewAttack's DeathMatch: Starscream v. Rainbow Dash.

I approve.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:23 pm

MLP: FiM Episode 12, Season 4 - Pinkie's Pride

Yep, this was a good'n! Cheese Sandwich (i.e. "Weird Al" Yankovich) was a delight and the songs were some of the best of the season. Not much else to say...

...oh yes, Pinkie's magical artifact of Rainbow Power(TM) is a rubber chicken? Makes sense.

Also, since posting sexualized images of the characters seems to be a Thing here, here's something for ya; fully human expies of the mane six don't bother me.

Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:26 am

For me, the episode didn't really take off until the second half. Also there were WAY too many songs. Pinkie and Cheese's goof off song was okay, and I liked the montage of Pinkie trying different jobs and failing spectacularly at them.

The problem I tend to have with songs is that most of them (except maybe with Discord's song) don't really develop the plot much. In this case the total plot could probably have been told in five minutes.

I like how Cheese Sandwich wore glasses when he was younger just like Weird Al himself.

As for the pic, it's sexy and all but it doesn't really resemble Rarity enough. That's really the biggest problem when the Mane 6 are fully humanized. Also, I can't quite picture Rarity saying that line. "Just look at me," would have worked a little better.

Here's one keeping in theme with Pinkie Pride:

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:34 am

I liked pretty near everything about the latest ep, except for one glaring bit of Fridge Logic.

If Cheese Sandwich was returning to Ponyville in part to honor his inspiration, as we saw in Act III... why didn't he act the last bit like that in Act I? Granted, he wouldn't be the first person to lose himself to the fat-head, but it still feels a bit wrong.

The only other disappointment was, if the credits are accurate, Weird Al didn't have anything to do with writing any of the music.

EDIT Oh- and I approve of the more responsible use of Derpy in this episode.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

PreviousNext

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.