[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

Postby Ganthan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:26 pm

Simple Ways

Wow. What happens to Rarity when she gets too sexually frustrated?

Really fun episode, and Applejack snapping Rarity out of it by being a massive troll was unexpected. I wonder how much Tabitha St. Germain had to practice saying her lines without busting out laughing?
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:45 pm

Dear gawd...the fanfiction and shipping this episode will generate.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:28 am

I said once, somewhere or other, that Rarity is annoying in the ensemble eps but truly shines when she gets a focus ep.

Well, not so much this time. "Simple Ways" takes absolutely everything annoying about Rarity, cranks it to eleven, wraps it in a bow and hands it out to everyone.

No sell, me.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:20 pm

All these comments have me half turned off of continuing the season.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:46 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:06 pm

Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:39 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Also, I LIKE drama queen/whiny Rarity - she's oddly endearing.
Happygun

Postby Happygun » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:26 pm

Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

http://family-room.ew.com/2014/02/13/my ... bow-rocks/

...Why? The first EG was tolerable (even enjoyable) at points despite, well, everything, but this does NOT bode well. EG was a completely transparent marketing ploy conceived to cash in on the success of Monster High and sell dolls,* but at least the writers made an effort and it was an interesting experiment. This new movie comes across as nothing more than a Bratz doll marketing blitz with no heart, intelligence, wit, or originality. I won't dismiss it outright as I haven't seen it yet, but expectations are low. Anyone claiming it's just trying to appeal to its original target demographic shall be sacked. MLP: FiM managed to do so in a manner that's (almost) universally entertaining; so did Pixar. It's not an excuse.

Also, the repeated use of "shake your tail" in the chorus? :roll:

*Relative to the original MLP: FiM, mind, which is saying something!
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:37 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:03 pm

As long as our precious show episodes aren't impeded in any way, they can do whatever they want with this Equestria Girls garbage.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:51 pm

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, season 4, episode 14 - Filli Vanilli

...Wow. This episode blew me away!

Easily one of the best episodes of the season, if not the series! So many awesome moments! Wonderful songs! Beautiful animation! Uproarious hilarity! Continuity!

Though Pinkie Pie obviously mixed up her meds this episode...she was almost uncharacteristically rude.

"...No offense, you kinda sounded like a dude."

And yeah, OBVIOUSLY Fluttershy is...shy. Why did her friends look so surprised when she told them she had stage fright?
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:08 pm

It was alright, but took a little while for me to warm up to it. The writing just started out really clunky. Fluttershy is great at singing? Gosh, it's not like we've heard her sing several times before. She has stage fright? Thank you Captain Obvious. Pinkie was even more rude than in A Friend in Deed. I almost started to think about stopping watching when Flutterguy was referenced. It's usually not best to cater to fans too directly, ala Equestria Girls.

However, the episode started regaining steam from that point on and didn't stop. I liked the flashback on how Big Mac lost his voice. Fluttershy dancing to herself during the singing was really cute. I also liked Cheerilee swooning over Big Mac as a nice reference to Hearts and Hooves Day. Applejack doing the "s'plainen" for Big Mac was funny.

In the end it was fairly good. Not my favorite of the season but still good. I'd say my favorite of Season 4 so far is still Three's a Crowd.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:12 pm

I quite liked "Filli Vanilli." Pinkie Pie seems written well enough to me- it's not the first episode in which she's had the talent for saying the wrong thing. (Or singing the wrong thing- gotta care, gotta share!) I actually like the shout-out to previous eps- I <3 continuity!

And let's face it, Big Mac Explains It All was comedy gold.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Oh- and looking over Amy Keating Rogers' Twitter, she reminds us of just how well Pinkie Pie handled Cranky Doodle Donkey. So yeah, her conduct in this ep has plenty of precedent.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:48 pm

Twilight Time

See? Twilight Sparkle really IS the best pony. Even all the little school foals know it now.

My favorite moment was Twilight stuffing her face at Hay Burger. Adorkableness levels have reached critical mass.

"Welcome to Hay Burger, home of the Hay Burger. Can I take your order?"
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:22 pm

It Ain't Easy Being Breezies

I had a feeling this was going to be Fluttershy's key episode, although, like with Pinkie Pie, the actual lesson learned that triggered it wasn't what I expected. I guess that leaves Applejack and Twilight left. Twilight's is going to be last, obviously.

Also, of course the Mane 6 are going to become Breezies themselves at some point. This has been a big season for marketing new toys.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Thought I'd post an interesting story from EQ relating to brony bashing:

"I'm currently enlisted in the Army, and have a semi-similar story.

While preparing my deployment packet, I needed a way to organize all of my various forms and paperwork. Being the brony I am, I naturally chose a My Little Pony folder - one with Rainbow Dash sitting like a cat on a cloud. Needless to say, it was quite unique. I used that folder for all of my forms and paperwork while deployed, and continued to do so once I returned (prematurely) to my home station. Of course, I received comments from various individuals, most of them simply noting how unique the folder was. The area I deployed to was very top heavy - LTC's, Majors, SFC's, and Master Sergeants were a common sight, and far outnumbered the amount of junior enlisted such as myself.

Anyways, once I returned to my home station and began improcessing again, I used that same folder. Our NCOIC (person in charge of our section) is an incredibly hardcore ex-special forces, ex-ranger, kind of soldier. He didn't tell me himself, but instead directed two others to notify me that the folder was "inappropriate" for the workplace, deeming it "unprofessional". We have plenty of workers in our AO that have various pictures lining their cubicles - Information Technology related humor, memes, various pictures of silly but good-hearted stuff. I respectfully told the two messengers that "unless some Army regulation dictated that I could not have a My Little Pony or similarly themed folder to organize documents and thus increase efficiency" I would continue to use it. And so, I did.

Finally, he told me to come to his office a few days later, telling me how disgraceful and pathetic I was for carrying around something for "little girls or child molesters".

A bit of backstory (sorry for the novel) first; I had been suffering a multitude of mental stressors and self-injurious behavior prior to my deployment, and suffered even worse when I was deployed, until I overdosed and was deemed unfit for duty and spent four months undergoing mental counselling in another unit stateside. When I got back, I was told to remove my combat/deployment patch by this same NCOIC because he felt "I didn't finish the deployment, and didn't earn it" despite Army regulation saying that only 30 days in theaters entitles a soldier to wear that combat patch. This should give an indication of how little this NCOIC took to me.

Back to where I was, he continued to berate My Little Pony while I stood in silence at parade rest. Finally, he concluded with the ultimatum that if he saw the folder again, he would recommend me for UCMJ action (Being court martialled, as Rainbow Dash is wont to say). As I left the office, I asked him. "Master Sergeant, each of the characters on the show represents a specific element or trait. Do you know what hers is?" showing the folder to him. He didn't answer, just staring bemusedly. I told him, "Loyalty."

Do you know what the very first of the seven Army values is? Loyalty.

I still use the folder, and he's since left me alone about the issue."
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 pm

I fast-forwarded through a lot of "Breezies." Too predictable and, sadly, lame.

"Watch Over Me," on the other hand, was pretty decent, even if Applejack had to carry the Idiot Ball all the way through.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:32 pm

But...Scandinavian fairy-folk. That's got to be worth something, right?
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:14 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:30 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Maud Pie is Best Pony.

The subject is not open for debate. }:-{D
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Toast » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:03 pm

Agreed. Deadpan humor is a highly underutilized commodity in this day and age.
Toast
Bodice ripping

Postby Happygun » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Happygun

PreviousNext

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.