[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Update, October 6th

Update, October 6th

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby Ash » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:49 pm

Ash
Feeling strange

Postby LoupGarou » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:09 am

LoupGarou
Feeling strange

Postby llearch » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:10 am

I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Ash » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:03 pm

Ash
Feeling strange

Postby llearch » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:41 pm

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Ash » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:16 pm

Ash
Feeling strange

Postby Kaeto » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:30 pm

Forward the Dinocrome!

1911. For when 911 isn't fast enough.

Be wary of Strong Drink. For it can make you shoot at Tax Collectors...
And MISS.
Kaeto
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Ash » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:10 pm

Ash
Feeling strange

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:44 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby llearch » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:01 pm

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Ash » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:54 pm

Ash
Feeling strange

Postby llearch » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:10 am

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Jafer » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:38 pm

Well, these are some deep and thought out ideas on what's gonna happen with Gus, Becca, and the clan...

To take a step away, I'm surprised no one's really made any comments on the little shoulder-wolf in the second panel of the all-age comic.

Also, something I noticed:

"Bad Daddy is bad!"

Perhaps I'm reading way too much into this, and my friends show me too many pictures online, but isn't that like, one of the lolcat things?
"_____ Cat is _____"?

*shrug*

Though, back on the serious note, I do agree that 'beating' Gus in one way or another isn't gonna help Becca, since that's just reinforcing the might makes right ideals.

Of course... a comical 'accident' might be a different case...
If he 'accidentally' fell down a tall flight of stairs while carrying a large box of silver forks and knives, that he just happened to have sharpened minutes earlier...
Jafer
Just getting started

Postby Happygun » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:59 pm

We're neglecting what perhaps would be the most devastating and poetic punishment imaginable for Gus:

Being transformed into a human.

No idea how it could happen, and it probably won't. One possibility lies in the "Aminal Control" group that's chasing Peter. If they're indeed performing research on werewolves they might develop (or have already developed) some agent that can turn a werewolf into a human or just permanently repress a werewolf's ability to shift forms. It'd be absolutely delicious.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Ash » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:30 am

Ash
Feeling strange

Postby Happygun » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:58 am

Happygun

Postby Ash » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:54 am

Ash
Feeling strange

Postby Stonesoul » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:13 pm

I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
John Cage (1912-1992)
Stonesoul
Just getting started

Postby Ash » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:50 pm

Ash
Feeling strange

Postby Les » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:41 pm

The problem with 'Might makes Right' is that too many people confuse it for a Moral precept when it has nothing to do with morality. It's merely a way of describing what one can or cannot accomplish and is the ultimate pinnacle of Authority (NOT Morality) that is appealed to when respect for rule-of-law breaks down.

Say I get stopped by a cop and he kindly asks for my license and registration please sir? Now say I respond with, "Piss-off ya donut-eatin' flatfoot!" Since I failed to respect his badge and the authority it represents it then falls upon him and his cop-buddies to use their Might to handcuff me and toss me in the back of the squad-car. This is called Law en-force-ment, and the morality of it is irrelevant to the fact that 3 cops and a tazer beats a 30-something furry otaku.

Gus's view seems to be that Might CREATES 'Right', as in right to rule. As the (before Sarah's appearance) most physically powerful werewolf in the pack he feels Entitled to the position of Alpha and all the power and respect that it brings, that Con could defeat him through guile and experience rather than main-strength and that the rest of the pack does seriously consider ganging-up on him all at once under certain circumstances seems patently Un-Natural to him. It extends to his home-life. He bullies Becca around and expects her to be his house-servant not because he Can simply by being stronger, but because he feels he Deserves to by virtue of that same strength.
Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:31 pm

I have something important to say about last week's page.....

Yep, that's Sarah's instinctive level of thinking... emotionally reactive... and about on the same level of eloquence as a cat macro. So perhaps it's for the best that we don't have a 12 foot tall uber-were speaking... yet...

Hah! Thought that there'd me moar info on the Gus situation, eh? Lolz! You're not getting more tan what;s in the comic for now. Remember, Star Wars rules apply. If it didn't happen on-screen, it didn't happen. We can allude to alot, but since it's not all set in stone yet, there's alot of possibilities that we won't close off by anything we say in here. :D
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ash » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:31 pm

Ash
Feeling strange

Postby Les » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:04 pm

Les
Huge tracts o'land

Rebecca

Postby K-MacK » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:29 am

We all need to remember that Gus isn't that brutal-by the pre-Con Nero standards of this Pack.
Rebecca is the child of a very conservative Werewolf, and has been brought up that way. The norm-in Con's day-was to leave the pack before you were much older than Rebecca is now, and find another pack, or just be a lone wolf.
Con changed all that, as Alpha of the Genericville Pack; by sweet reason or by killing those who opposed his "modern" methods.
Peter's generation is, I believe, the first generation where he (Peter) could have lived to adulthood. Thanks to Kris's updating of the Wiki, there's a much clearer view of these people available (read it, People).
If Butch decided to get out from under her father's fist-she could: easily!
She chooses to endure and suffer. Maybe someone will get her to move out of her situation, maybe not; but she will have to be the one to make the break. I suspect that her intent to call Peter "out" at the Howl was a move to get Con to kill her father (because he would have attacked Peter-for sure). Yes, she appears to have some "nice" personality traits, but until she makes a move, she's where she chooses to be, as unpalatable as it may be for us. These Werewolves seem to have a sort of "Situational Personality" that changes as they do.
All that being said, I think that for the good of the Pack, Gus is going to have to die. His hatred for all things human will see him out of the Sheriff's department as soon as Con retires (I wonder how much Con has covered up or smoothed over). Unemployed, he may just go Renegade*; since he couldn't deal with a Human boss for much longer than it takes Sarah to shift. Butch would then be free.
Simply: Gus is a degenerate Werewolf, unwilling or incapable of being any more socially acceptable than he is now. He's what got Werewolves their bad name in the first place; and I suspect he really can't understand what Con and the rest of the Pack are doing and what they want of him. He is what he is; and I don't doubt that by his lights (dim though they may be) he's normal, and the rest of the Pack is crazy. Sad thing is that even their ancestral Wolves are more socially adaptable than he is. He probably thinks he's raising Rebecca properly. He just can't get with the new ways; he's a real throwback in more ways than one.
If he were Human-he'd probably be a member of the KKK, or a White Supremacist. He's that sort of person...
*Renegade Werewolf: A Werewolf who endangers the Secret by acting like it's still the 16th century; a classic killing machine targeted on humans. Commits acts that will lead to his own discovery, and by extension-the discovery of the Pack. A threat to his own kind. A monster-something that modern Were's are trying to leave behind them because they know that eventually they won't be able to hide any longer; they'll have to come out or go extinct.
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Re: Rebecca

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:27 am

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

PreviousNext

Return to Peter is the Wolf