[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Page 230 (5-11-2011)

Page 230 (5-11-2011)

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby stormydragon » Fri May 13, 2011 11:37 am

stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby Black_Mantha » Fri May 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Black_Mantha
Button popping

Postby Happygun » Fri May 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby JWpilot » Fri May 13, 2011 8:54 pm

JWpilot
Just getting started

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:33 am

Ha! :lol: I really like this latest page, and really this whole arc so far. Great job with writing Jean's dialog, it seems very appropriate for her character. Furthermore the artwork recently has been great; I especially like all the different emotions on display on this page. Like everyone else has said, Sarah and Peter in the Shaggy and Scooby-Doo pose in the last panel is hilarious. There's been some good last punchline panels on some of the recent pages, another notable one was Sarah still wearing her turtle slippers on one toe in full wolf form.

Also I think the character writing here has been well done. Like I said before Jean's been acting very in tune with her establish character, but more importantly this seems to be leading to some important development for Sarah. Her character has undergone the most changes over both the arc and really the entire comic so far. It really seems like Jean is pushing Sarah very far to confess her feelings for Peter, and I'm very interested in seeing how far she'll go. We haven't gotten to see many of Sarah's thoughts expressed in her wolf form (beyond her baser instincts) so I wonder exactly how expressive she's going to be able to be here.

Finally, this arc is stirring up a lot of emotion on the forums but I think that can be a sign of good writing. I don't know what Sarah's capacity for expression is in her wolf form but i hope we get to see more of her displaying her feelings in upcoming pages. Also I think the conflict between Sarah and Jean has played out great so far, but hopefully Peter can get a word in edgewise sometime.
ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Hurbster » Tue May 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Personally I was hoping that the Sarah-were wasn't going to be a complete wimp and to at least stand up for herself. I can't stand smug people myself so Jean just gets on my nerves.

In fact the whole pack apart from Sarah and Peter I don't have a lot of time for.
Hurbster
Just getting started

Previous

Return to Peter is the Wolf